X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
    Hello Rob , welcome onboard ,you are my neighbor (Kroatien) and in Austria I bought my Spit 1600 freewing . You got it all handy, and not expensive as in the NL warehouse.š.Also ,Here you will feel good because US modelers are eager to help their colleagues ... God Bless America, All the Best, Happy Christmas and New Year,Jos
    Note: https://www.d-m-t.at/flugzeuge/motor...1600-mm-detail ....But you already know that ;)
    Hi neighbor from croatia:)

this is the shop where i buyed the spitfire Dmt

the other parts i buyed at motion rc eu

Thanks all for the help

also every one Happy new year and good flights

regards from austria

Rob

Comment

Hello Rob , welcome onboard ,you are my neighbor (Kroatien) and in Austria I bought my Spit 1600 freewing . You got it all handy, and not expensive as in the NL warehouse.š.Also ,Here you will feel good because US modelers are eager to help their colleagues ... God Bless America, All the Best, Happy Christmas and New Year,Jos
      Note: https://www.d-m-t.at/flugzeuge/motor...1600-mm-detail ....But you already know that ;)
      Jos, Happy New Year, Sir. Great to see you are still working on your Spitfire. Post pictures as you are able. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Jos, Happy New Year, Sir. Great to see you are still working on your Spitfire. Post pictures as you are able. Best, LB
        Thanks so much Steve ....all life along I want to work on....and every time I watch gift favorite spit-cockpit I think of you ...All the best to your family ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by ryramZ View Post

I'll have all the new planes I can fit in my van! If you guys don't leave me out of the Starbucks run I might even let you fly it...LOL
          Hey Ryan

Can you or someone else tell me if the waterslide decals provided with the Spitfire are hard to apply or just bad quality? I have built many of the Freewing planes including the A4 and I cannot work with the waterslides that are used in this kit. Everytime I try to move the decal from the paper backing (when wet) the decal breaks or pulls apart... totally unusable

Ready to buy some from Callie Graphics

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
            [T]he waterslide decals provided with the Spitfire I cannot work with the waterslides that are used in this kit. Every time I try to move the decal from the paper backing (when wet) the decal breaks or pulls apart... totally unusable. Ready to buy some from Callie. Rich
            RJ53, I had the same issue with the 'waterslides' and so I tried Micro Sol and Micro Set and it did not make a difference. Fortunately, I had gotten Callie's Spitfire Nomenclature set when she made my custom stuff. I'd save back the OEM waterslides and pick up the stickys from Callie. I did use the Roundel stickys from the kit and those worked okay. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hello everyone! Thanks for the add. I am working on my spitfire by doing the cockpit upgrade with a warbirdspilot figure and I am modifying the rudder to a MK VIII type. The problem that I have is that after removing the canopy, I find that it has some kind of stains on it from the molding process. I also have a replacement canopy and when I opened it to check, it also has stains on it. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what is the solution to clean the canopy. I have tried several types of plastic polish to no avail.

Comment

• Broken Parts, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. I had a similar issue and I used a pink metal polish called 'Simichrome', It did not completely remove the vacuum molding marks, though it helped and also removed some of the acrylic paint that was poorly masked. All in all, I was happy with it. best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RJ53, I had the same issue with the 'waterslides' and so I tried Micro Sol and Micro Set and it did not make a difference. Fortunately, I had gotten Callie's Spitfire Nomenclature set when she made my custom stuff. I'd save back the OEM waterslides and pick up the stickys from Callie. I did use the Roundel stickys from the kit and those worked okay. Best, LB
                  Hi LB

Yes I have used the Solvaset solution too, but the problem is you cant get the decal off the backing without damaging it. So, I think I will order some replacements from Callie. 1/7th scale size for this model.

thanks again
                  Rich

Comment

• Thanks Elbee, that helped alot. Here a couple of pictures of my cockpit.

Comment

• BP, Beautiful work on your cockpit. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Progress with the IX slowed due to work & family commitments, but its ready to maiden now!

Did a few extra bits of painting (in addition to the invasion stripes, tail band and leading edges):
                        - Elevator mounting brackets painted the correct grey
                        - Control linkages colour matched
                        - Air intake scoop painted inside
                        - Cannon tips painted
                        - Visible servos painted
                        - Wing walk boundary lines painted on

Decals are all on. Managed to get the roundels to conform nicely to panel lines. Water slides are not perfect, but are ok.

Weather is looking good for maiden tomorrow (freezing cold, but dry and calm). Fingers crossed!

:)
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34185.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	173076Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34186.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	173077Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34187.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	173078Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34188.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	173079Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34189.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	173080Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34190.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.2 KB ID:	173081Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34191.jpg Views:	3 Size:	193.9 KB ID:	173082Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34192.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.6 KB ID:	173083Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34193.jpg Views:	1 Size:	101.4 KB ID:	173084Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34194.jpg Views:	1 Size:	265.8 KB ID:	173085

Comment

• Hello JPJI , It's clear why, from the City of Liverpool, comes famous football players, great musicians and now ...... you ......:Cool:
                          Note: beautiful Spitfire (marked by invasion stripes)

Comment

Hello JPJI , It's clear why, from the City of Liverpool, comes famous football players, great musicians and now ...... you ......:Cool:
                            Note: beautiful Spitfire (marked by invasion stripes)
                            I cannot be a true Liverpudlian (aka. scouser), as I cannot sing to save my life and have two left feet so I'm useless at football.
                            It's just as well I'm good at building things otherwise they would kick me out!

Comment

• Originally posted by JPJI View Post
                              Did a few extra bits
                              JPJI, Bravo Zulu. She looks great. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I cannot be a true Liverpudlian (aka. scouser), as I cannot sing to save my life and have two left feet so I'm useless at football.
                                It's just as well I'm good at building things otherwise they would kick me out!
                                Nothing else matters except, that you make a fantastic ,Spitfire.... just enough ... all the fans of these icons love you ;)

Comment

• Got the maiden flight in this morning. I was somewhat nervous, but needn't have worried - what a *****cat this plane is!
                                  Looking forward to future sorties....

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	137.5 KB ID:	173375
                                  Plane loaded onto transporter for delivery to airfield.

Awaiting clearance from air traffic control.

Mission complete. Ground crew to wash off sand and return to hangar.

Comment

• Cleanup ops back in the hangar. Sand gets everywhere!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	173380

Comment

• Congrats! Very nice! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

Cleanup ops back in the hangar. Sand gets everywhere!
                                        JPJI, Don't clean it off, it's real 'weathering'. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi JPJI , I congratulate and look forward to your nextv flight ,your time and kindness ....Ciao Jos

Comment

Working...
                                          X