Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for all your kind comments guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RJ53, I had the same issue with the 'waterslides' and so I tried Micro Sol and Micro Set and it did not make a difference. Fortunately, I had gotten Callie's Spitfire Nomenclature set when she made my custom stuff. I'd save back the OEM waterslides and pick up the stickys from Callie. I did use the Roundel stickys from the kit and those worked okay. Best, LB
      Hi LB

I wanted pass along my experience. I repaired the waterslide decals with.....microscale liquid decal film(!) Also purchased all replacement nomenclature from Callie Graphics which were perfect. As you know some of the original waterslide decals needed to be used. So finally finished this scratch and dent MRC kit.. soldered on a new LED and fixed the foam on the left wing really happy with the purchase.

I took some shots in my driveway between rain and snow showers.

Rich

Comment

• Rich, You nailed it. She's a beaut. I have all of the Micro Products and I did not think to try Liquid Decal Film. Doh! Isn't that one of the most elegant designs. Gorgeous. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looks great Rich, the nomenclature decals that came with the kit were a disappointment, they tend to peel off and broke easily when applying. Callie will be the way I go as well, should have thought of that when I ordered the custom decals in the first place!
          Guys, if I haven't said it before, let me say it now, beware of the blue box! The cover of mine just fell off and the solder joint to the ailerons came off, causing a crash on take off, so check those wires. The good news it this is a tough bird! I ordered a new box and she's all repaired and ready for the air again.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2081.JPG
Views:	1036
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	177994

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Looks great Rich, the nomenclature decals that came with the kit were a disappointment, they tend to peel off and broke easily when applying. Callie will be the way I go as well, should have thought of that when I ordered the custom decals in the first place!
            Guys, if I haven't said it before, let me say it now, beware of the blue box! The cover of mine just fell off and the solder joint to the ailerons came off, causing a crash on take off, so check those wires. The good news it this is a tough bird! I ordered a new box and she's all repaired and ready for the air again.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2081.JPG
Views:	1036
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	177994

Grossman56
            Nice job! Yes, Callie Graphics is the way to go. Most everyone knows they are fast and very nice to work with. All the decals went down perfectly. I ordered the nomenclature set for my FW Corsair F4U1A to add some additional scale appearance.

Rich

Comment

• I recently picked one up..out of implue. I've flown and still do fly 1.2m P-47, P-51, T-28 fine. Basic flights such as loops, inline rolls. Landing are good as well, P-51 likes to nose over if you rapidly cut off throttle and don't smoothly lower throttle at touch down.

So, question is would this be to much of a plane for me?

Going to start out in low rates all the way around minus rudder. 65-75-85 with 25expo across the board...I'm tempted to run 70-85-100 but nervous that it's to much as other have stated elevator is sensitive.

How are you guys storing this plane and your other big birds?

Sorry for all the questions
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Hi Elbee and others, this reed green sticker ,tape around the tail section, and two waters labels ( reg.no.) I was disappointed and I gave up from little technical labels (also water labels) I would fly without them. To Your family and you ,I give a big greeting from Adriatic Sea with norteast gusty wind (100 Kts). In my 70 years I have not experienced a stronger wind ( fatal wind chill factor ....brrrr)
                Regards
                Jo

Comment

• Jos, Hello, Sir. You did an excellent job with the fuselage painted band. Many of the guys here painted the "Band" around the fuselage. The water labels are difficult, I know. Not certain if you're interested, but Callie Graphics in New Mexico makes a great set of written nomenclature decals for the Flightline Spitfire. https://callie-graphics.com/ Sounds very chilly in Croatia. Send more pictures of your progress. Give our best to your family as well. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Dear Stephen , thank you for the compliment , but I know I'm not yet handy enough, and there is no place/time for mistake :Confused:. I know about ''Callie'',but here in my city there is a production of labels, I just need to draw what I want. I'm slow, as long as my age permits, but I hope for the maiden during the Spring.I'll send all the pictures of my Spitfire, as I'm progressing.Thanks a lot buddy.
                    Jos
                    My grandson Luca, instead of new images of Spit....:)
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                      Dear Stephen , thank you for the compliment , but I know I'm not yet handy enough, and there is no place/time for mistake :Confused:. I know about ''Callie'',but here in my city there is a production of labels, I just need to draw what I want. I'm slow, as long as my age permits, but I hope for the maiden during the Spring.I'll send all the pictures of my Spitfire, as I'm progressing.Thanks a lot buddy.
                      Jos
                      My grandson Luca, instead of new images of Spit....:)
                      Good looking boy. He must take after his grandpa.;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        Jos, Hello, Sir. You did an excellent job with the fuselage painted band. Many of the guys here painted the "Band" around the fuselage. The water labels are difficult, I know. Not certain if you're interested, but Callie Graphics in New Mexico makes a great set of written nomenclature decals for the Flightline Spitfire. https://callie-graphics.com/ Sounds very chilly in Croatia. Send more pictures of your progress. Give our best to your family as well. Best, LB
                        Hi
                        Looking good...…. I found the same problem with my Spitfire decals.... I feel your pain. I posted some photos and the solution that worked for me (besides ordering new nomenclature decals from Callie) Just apply a couple of coats of this stuff over the top of your water slide decals and they will work much better.

Rich
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	57059056515__5A73A08F-AE56-43BA-A309-3D9B64F6DAD5.JPG Views:	0 Size:	57.6 KB ID:	181537Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2183.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	181538

Comment

• Jos, you are a blessed Grandfather! Luca is a beautiful little guy! Awesome! Jerry

Comment

• Is the blue box still a concern item that could give issues in flight? Didn't know if this was a first production issue or something that has followed Flightline. Good thing is can be bypassed.

Recommend rates/throws for maiden? I picked mine up used and it's in great condition. One of my favorite planes and first 1600

Planes
                            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Hello All , thank you very much for your kind words, and for you Rich I have a question. Do you have a web address of ''liquid decals film'' ?... I will try to get it (or something similar) here in Europe. Thanks in advance. All the best.

Comment

• Hi Richj53 , I just found on Motion RC Europe this. I hope it's OK. Thank you for your time.

Attached Files

Comment

• Jos, that is not the same product, so I do not know if it would work the same. I found this. It a UK website that lists the correct product, hope this helps. Best Steve

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html_nkw=Microscale%20Industries%20Mi12%20Micro% 20Liquid%20Decal%20Film&ssPageName=GSTL
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ohhh Steve ,thanks for the warning, I will try to order this one in GB :Cool:

Comment

• @ thisguy65, a preventive view of blue-box contacts with a universal ohmmeter. Obviously, a failure (contact loss) can occur in the air, but that is then in God's hands :Sacred:... Do not worry will be all right.
                                      All the best and greetings from Adriatic Sea.
                                      Jos

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                                        Hello All , thank you very much for your kind words, and for you Rich I have a question. Do you have a web address of ''liquid decals film'' ?... I will try to get it (or something similar) here in Europe. Thanks in advance. All the best.
                                        Hi

I found the company website and they will ship internationally. I would think your local hobby shops that support plastic model kits would carry this product too. So Microscale liquid decal film puts a clear plastic film on the top of the water slide decal which helps hold it together. It restores the original film the decal is made from and really makes a difference. I could not get any of my decals to separate from the paper without breaking before using this stuff.
                                        http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=FINPROD

Also, the Hard Coat by Beacon is not the same type of product... I have some of this for foam repairs. I do not think this is a good substitute
                                        Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                          Is the blue box still a concern item that could give issues in flight? Didn't know if this was a first production issue or something that has followed Flightline. Good thing is can be bypassed.

Recommend rates/throws for maiden? I picked mine up used and it's in great condition. One of my favorite planes and first 1600
                                          You can always test your blue box prior to use, I have not had any trouble with either my L39 or Corsair boxes. You can always disconnect them
                                          Rich

Comment

Working...
                                          X