Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RodgerC View Post

Hi Arnie,

I am in Auckland - been here for 8 years. Prior to that I was in Christchurch. We were there right through the earthquakes. Glad to get out of there.

I'm not too far away from maidening my Spit. Just need to put the top clearcoat-on, finish programming the transmitter, and soldering the EC5 connectors on my batteries.

Cheers
    Not surprised that you left CHCH behind for the north. Has the Auck lived up to your expectations?

I haven't bothered with clear coating my spit. Haven't had any problem with the transfers, except the water slide ones. I made sure that the surfaces were cleaned with an alcohol solution (meths) before adhesion. Has worked well with the stock transfers and the ones from Callie.

Good luck with the maiden.

Comment

• @Cheers Arnie,of course, when NZ is the best and most beautiful ... in the world.;)
      Thank you for your support:p40

Comment

• Hey!!! If the USA goes to hell, can I come with my little family and start HOLDER'S HOBBY SHOP there in NZ????? :Thinking::Cool:

Comment

• I will be a LEGAL immigrant!!! Love you guys!!!! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            Hey!!! If the USA goes to hell, can I come with my little family and start HOLDER'S HOBBY SHOP there in NZ????? :Thinking::Cool:
            Sure you can Jerry...........but don't hold off, as our little paradise is fast becoming a Nanny State.

AND.............. be sure to bring plenty of high quality low priced lipos with you.........;)

Comment

• Hi Hardway,that's a good idea, but I do not believe the US will go to hell.;)Long lived Texas:Cool:
              Cheers
              Jos

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                Hi Hardway,that's a good idea, but I do not believe the US will go to hell.;)Long lived Texas:Cool:
                Cheers
                Jos
                God Bless You Jos!!!!! LONG LIVE TEXAS!!! You can come here any time my brother!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

God Bless You Jos!!!!! LONG LIVE TEXAS!!! You can come here any time my brother!!! :Cool:
                  Hi Hardway , I was in Port Galveston, but then I was young. It would be harder today, but anyway thanks a lot on friendship.;)
                  Jos

Comment

• I'm writing with my ''duty'' to our forum, because I know you've all done it all here, on the Spitfire 1600, including the maiden, but I have to report to my dear friend Elbee and of course all others, and, by the way, I have one question ... I'm going in order:
                    Replaced the white plastic clevis with a double red ... this is reliable.Centered and tested the elevator and rudder , set up a throttle with a Futaba protocol (reverse servo 3 etc).I finally burned the white led (on the back of the fuselage ( behind the cockpit white led), by my fault I plugged it into RX 4.8 V .... Do you know what voltage is operational?
                    Cheers and all the best to family Thomas..... thanks for yout time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm writing with my ''duty'' to our forum, because I know you've all done it all here, on the Spitfire 1600, including the maiden, but I have to report to my dear friend Elbee and of course all others, and, by the way, I have one question ... I'm going in order: Replaced the white plastic clevis with a double red ... this is reliable. Centered and tested the elevator and rudder, set up a throttle with a Futaba protocol (reverse servo 3 etc). I finally burned the white led (on the back of the fuselage ( behind the cockpit white led), by my fault I plugged it into RX 4.8 V... Do you know what voltage is operational? Cheers and all the best to family Thomas..... thanks for your time.
                      Jos, LOL I did the exact same thing. It is 3.2volt - 3.4 volt. I bought a package of 10 units of White10,000-15,000 K brightness on eBay for $3 or $4 USD. I will send the URL to you when I find it. Great to hear from you, Jos. Give our love to your family. Best, Steve

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Does the blue box lower the voltage from the battery? I assume so
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• @ Hi Elbee , Thanks a lot ,all clear Cheers. :Cool:

@ Hi Thisguy65 ,I'm telling you when I try, though there are experts who already know this.:Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                            Does the blue box lower the voltage from the battery? I assume so
                            TG65, Yeppers, it do. I have blown out several of the LEDs hooking those directly to the servo tester. I believe that some blue box outputs for the lights might have differing voltages as well. Now, where's that voltmeter? Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                              Does the blue box lower the voltage from the battery? I assume so
                              @ thisguy65 ,hello , the input voltage in theSpitfire blue box is 5.2 V at me ,and the LED output is 4.8 V, this is a voltage drop for all lines, so in my opinion there is no correction resistor. My LED on the Spitfire fus back is burned out by my mistake,because I plugged it directly into a 6 V voltage ... and this is not its rated voltage All the best.:Crying:

Comment

• A few days ago I was in doubt :Confused:about setting up RX in Spitfire. And of course I contacted my buddy Steve (Elbee), and he sent me a picture of his solution :Cool:... and so I became smarter :)
                                On my shelf is Futaba RX. Maybe even some "new owner" enlighten this technical solution.
                                Thanks, thanks thanks dear Steve.
                                Attached Files

Comment

A few days ago I was in doubt :Confused:about setting up RX in Spitfire. And of course I contacted my buddy Steve (Elbee), and he sent me a picture of his solution :Cool:... and so I became smarter :)
                                  On my shelf is Futaba RX. Maybe even some "new owner" enlighten this technical solution.
                                  Thanks, thanks thanks dear Steve.
                                  Jos, Great work! :Cool: Are you going to use double sided sticky tape to mount your RX? If so, you'll need to paint or finish the top of the shelf so the tape does not come loose. This tip comes from Hardway and it makes sense to do that as an extra precaution. Best LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee, do you mean adhering the sticky tape to a painted surface versus adhering it directly to the bare wood?
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Jos, Great work! :Cool: Are you going to use double sided sticky tape to mount your RX? If so, you'll need to paint or finish the top of the shelf so the tape does not come loose. This tip comes from Hardway and it makes sense to do that as an extra precaution. Best LB
                                      Thanks so much for this advice ...I have good choice ;)Cheers Steve.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        Elbee, do you mean adhering the sticky tape to a painted surface versus adhering it directly to the bare wood?
                                        Yes, I was told by Hardway that he had simply attached a gyro once with dbl-stky on bare wood & it had become loose w/o warning. So when I added an Eagle Pro to my Spitfire, he suggested I paint it or add some type of finish to the wood for the tape to stick to beforehand. Good Tip! Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Does anybody have the AS3X settings for the FlightLine Spitfire Mk.IX 1600mm please. I've bought the PNP version of this plane and will be fitting an AS3X receiver so if anyone has got the settings which they know work well I would appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
                                          X