Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. I won’t be using any other batteries expect for what I buy for the Spit and Corsair.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGagJr View Post
      Question. I need to buy some batteries for this Spit and the FLRC Corsair. I am sticking with Admiral batteries but torn between the 6 cell 5000mah or the 6000mah. Which one do you all recommend?
      I actually use the 4000 Admiral in the Spitty with about 1 1/2 ounces of lead in the front and love the way it flies, very quick and nibble with the slightly lighter battery than the 5000, and I still get 7+ minutes and land with 40% battery. The first 20 flights I used the 5000, and got upwards of 8-9 minutes, but like the 4000 better and landing with this set up is very easy. On the Corsair, I've been using the 6000 Admiral, but because of the extra weight of a sound system, the robart wheels, the large warbirds pilot with a servo and my 4 coats of spar urethane, I had to use all 6 weights in the cowling along with another 4 ounces in the nose and the battery all the way forward to get the CG close. It's just a little too heavy now with all that stuff :Angry: and stalls much easier unless I'm at 30% throttle on landing.

Next time out I'm putting the 5000 back in, but not adding any more weight and seeing if it flies any better. :Thinking: Stock out of the box with the 5000 and 4 nose weights, it flew very well, but don't you know I had to do all the mods after seeing what all the rest of the guys did.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Great thanks. I will most likely go with the 6000 and see how I like it. I am sure this is covered in this thread but has anyone found really good paint matches for the 3 colors on the Spit?

Comment

• I got mine matched at Ace Hardware. A pint of good paint for $5, can't go wrong with that:Cool:

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Some of you may have seen this, but if not, you should definitely watch it: The Smithsonian channel has a series called Air Warriors and they did a spectacular 1 hour episode on the Spitfire, Season 6, Episode 8. Unbelievable videos of the battle of Britain and Malta, as well as some very interesting histories of some of the Ace's. Of particular interest to me was the design, built by Supermarine company (which up till then built water landing airplanes) and the lead designer's idea of the elliptical wing that is so distinctive, but unfortunately very difficult to mass produce resulting in the plane being almost hand made. Search for it if you are able to. Additionally, they have also done episodes on the P-38 (season 6, episode 7), the F-4 (S6, E4) and the F22 Raptor and Zero. I'm sure they have others but still looking for them (like the Corsair).
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• To All Citizens From USA, especially to RC modelers, I wish HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY ! :Love::f18

Comment

• Originally posted by MesRcPilot View Post
                To All Citizens From USA, especially to RC modelers, I wish HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY ! :Love::f18
                Jos, I thank you with all my heart. :Hug: You're a great asset to this forum and to our hobby. Give my love you to your family.:) Best always, Steve & Tamms
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

To All Citizens From USA, especially to RC modelers, I wish HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY ! :Love::f18
                  Jos, blessing Bro!!!! Here is a funny for you!!!

Comment

• Come to Texas and let's have a beer!!! Shiner Bock! Made in Shiner, TX Click image for larger version

Name:	Shiner Bock.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	204378

Comment

• The Spoetzl Brewery started in 1909.
                      It was originally named "The Shiner Brewing Association," (SBA) and was founded by German and Czech immigrants who had settled around the central Texas town of Shiner. Unable to find the type of beer they had known in their home countries, they decided to brew their own. It is the oldest independent brewery in Texas
                      and one of the oldest independent breweries in the U.S. :Cool::Cool::Cool::Drinks::Drinks::wacky:Sleeping2 :

Comment

• :Cool:You live in the Great Country, and you have great people like Ellbee ,Tamms, Jerry and the entire company from the forum ... God bless you.:Cool:

Comment

Thank you Jos !!!

All the Best
                          Rich

Comment

Thank you Jos from a fellow rc brother. God bless you my friend!

Comment

• I just got my spit, very dissappointed with it.... Damaged horizontal stab, Roundals in decal sheet misprinted they look like slanty eyes.. and retracts dont work.
                              yes I tested blue box with spare retract from old eflight spit so I know it works tries all three positions and found out there is different delay in each
                              removed retract from wing in case it was just binding. no movement what so ever. tested both retracts in this manner. Not sure if lights work properly last I tried one wing light lit as expected the other was in strobe mode, and the led light on top wasn't on at all. Not going to proceed any further untill Motion RC decide what they want to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTaff View Post
                                I just got my spit, very dissappointed with it.... Damaged horizontal stab, Roundals in decal sheet misprinted they look like slanty eyes.. and retracts dont work.
                                yes I tested blue box with spare retract from old eflight spit so I know it works tries all three positions and found out there is different delay in each
                                removed retract from wing in case it was just binding. no movement what so ever. tested both retracts in this manner. Not sure if lights work properly last I tried one wing light lit as expected the other was in strobe mode, and the led light on top wasn't on at all. Not going to proceed any further untill Motion RC decide what they want to do with it.
                                Have you opened a ticket?
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Have you opened a ticket?
                                  yes I am awaiting response from Tech Support. I guess they were off for a long weekend and I don't blame them for that

Comment

• Does anybody sell replacement LED for the Spit, or is the only way to purchase new wings...seems a bit extreme...

Comment

Does anybody sell replacement LED for the Spit, or is the only way to purchase new wings...seems a bit extreme...
                                      TT, Check the MotionRC site for wired LEDs first; however, the LEDs can also be purchased online in packs of 10 units for about $5USD. Search: 2.2-5 watts High Power SMD LED COB Chip Lights (White Red Blue Green RGB UV) Lamp. Check the voltages and watt limits as differing colors have differing requirements. I burnt out 2 red LEDs building my Spitfire by hooking those directly to a battery pack instead of through the little Blue Box. Very bright and pretty for about a nano-second. LOL Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Does anybody sell replacement LED for the Spit, or is the only way to purchase new wings...seems a bit extreme...
                                        I purchased my Spitfire as a scratch and dent kit. The Red LED was not working. Easy fix by removing the plastic lens cover cut the glue holding the LED to the wing. De-solder the LED and solder the new part or tie a kit string to the wire then pull it out of the wing. Use the string to pull the new wire back into the wing and glue the LED and Lens back into place.

Only power up the LED using the Blue Box light port or you will burn it out. The red LED is only rated for about 2.2v

I purchased these from MRC which gives you many options:

Comment

I just got my spit, very dissappointed with it.... Damaged horizontal stab, Roundals in decal sheet misprinted they look like slanty eyes.. and retracts dont work.
                                          Hey Tony:
                                          The three different retract inputs are for gear doors and landing gear, I had mine wired so that the one side retracted before the other, more for a scale look, but decided to go back to the 'proper' way of inputting the gear. As for the lights, the manual is wrong! Here's the correct way for the light to be wired...
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	158.9 KB ID:	205185
                                          Also, I tried working my landing gear using a servo tester. No go, there isn't enough power in a servo tester to retract both gears. I had the boys on the line they suggested to bind the plane, plug in the battery and try it that way. Worked like a charm!
                                          Hopefully, this is some help to you!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X