Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
    well crap...
    Axe, Just for future reference, Microscale Industries sells virtually the same product and they call it Micro Kristal Klear. I have used both it and Sobo with great results, though clear epoxy "gets 'er done." Post pics as you progress, please. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Comment

• Spit scale landing on 4 foot wide trail. What a plane https://youtu.be/PF84dmXFJwM

Comment

• UM.... that approach was PERFECT!!! Just Perfect! Well Done!!!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• JazzManB, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. You got skills. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thx sooo muxh dudes!! The planes fly themselves i just listen to them, feel them and respect what they want. Like a good woman:)

Comment

• Originally posted by JazzmanB View Post
                Thx sooo muxh dudes!! The planes fly themselves i just listen to them, feel them and respect what they want. Like a good woman:)
                That describes it perfectly, you have to become one with the plane.

Comment

• Hello Brandon , it's nice to meet the master like you. ... congrats with full respect.I wrote comments on both of your YT videos...Appreciate it :Cool:

Comment

• Thx so much mesrc:) nothing too masterful:)Flying is Rytymm and spiritual for me, no differnt then music. Its all in the subtleties and always fully being in it and relaxed. I try to get the smoothness to the lines and build a routine and so it has an illusion of scale. Plus the sites are so beatiful out here. Anyway thx so much for the kind words. Im humbled

Comment

• Thx for the kind words everyone

Comment

• Has anyone heard when more 1600mm Spits will be available at MRC? I waited way too long to get one, and now I am just waiting for them to come back in stock. I thought I read a post a few weeks ago saying mid-September.

Comment

• Hi Cub Crazy, call the CSTeam in the morning (9am-6pm CST) and ask them for an ETA. We've got shipments arriving rather frequently though so it may be difficult to pinpoint exactly. Be sure to enter your email address in the "Notify Me" field on the product page, to ensure the System sends you an automatic email as soon as the Spitfire is restocked and ready to ship. Welcome to the Spitfire Club!
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Done and done

Comment

• Hey guys, got a strange situation here. Got my new retract and blue box for the Spitfire (turns out the aileron out wire disconnected in the old blue box, which makes sense as I couldn't get the ailerons to respond)
                              I ran the new retract through the servo tester and all was good so I went ahead and installed it and the new blue box. I plug everything into the box and go to test the landing gear, only the old retract responds. I check the wires to make sure they're in the proper slots and that the ground wire is correct, brown to the outside, nothing. There are three slots for L/G and I tried every combination with the same result, the new retract won't work. So I hook the retracts up to a y cable and still only the old one works. So I plug the new one in the blue box by itself and WHAT:Scared:, it works!! So I plug the old one into an empty slot and now the old one works but the danged new one doesn't!!!!!!!:Angry::Angry:
                              So, what the heck:Confused::Confused:is the problem here??
                              It has to be something to do with the retract but danged if I can figure it out.

Make any sense to you???

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Got in touch with Mark and Tom, I tried a set of E flite Spitty retracts I had laying around and they worked with the blue box/servo tester. Tom suggested, for the heck of it, run it through the receiver and radio, so I hooked everything up through the receiver, plugged in a battery and it worked!!
                                So it would seem that the servo tester didn't have enough energy to move both of these retracts, problem solved! Thanks guys!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• AHHHHH, Peace once again in the Gross household, the Spitfire is back together again!!
                                  I just couldn't get over the fact that when she last took off and dropped left wing and I couldn't pull her back up. I mentioned previously that I looked at my inputs right after she hit and they were hard right aileron. After seeing the aileron input wire separated from the blue box, it makes sense. This time I installed an A3L gyro and made a plywood platform for it in the aft portion of the battery compartment, so she's new and improved. That's two airplanes out of the maintenance hangar, the Avanti as well as the Spitfire, warming up for the challenge of a certain Flite Metaled P-51!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• So after 35 successful flights I had a bit of a rough landing with a cross wind. While my damage was only cosmetic. I am a little annoyed that I can't find this simple part by itself. I am sure other fliers might break this part too.

Does anyone know of a replacement for the plastic cosmetic linkage on the landing gear. Please see in the picture with the red arrow. I don't want to spent $35.00 to by a complete assembly just to get this one tiny plastic part.

Thanks

Jeff

Click image for larger version  Name:	Landing Gear.png Views:	1 Size:	240.1 KB ID:	152681

Comment

• Hi CDN_Iceman, sorry to hear about that issue. Unfortunately, that small part isn't available as a separately purchasable spare part; frankly this is the first I've seen it requested in the world. I suppose there are two feasible options, neither super easy but both at least possible.

The first option would be free from us, which is always nice :) I could send you an .STL file of that linkage for you to 3D print yourself or have 3Dprinted locally. It's a small plastic cosmetic non-load-bearing part, which is an ideal candidate for 3DP. I'd be happy to convert and send the necessary file to you. I did the same process for Stuart the other week when he lost his Spitfire's stock plastic cannon. Quick and easy!

The second option doesn't require a printer, but would require patience: You could contact our tech support team at www.motionrc.com/support and ask them to enter this part in their New Parts Request form. From there, the request would be sent to the factory and they'd take the necessary time to evaluate, issue a new part number and price, advise a production time, then we'd order it (and a bunch of others since we can't order just one of something on a mass production line), then they'd ship it to us, whereafter we'd be able to sell it and ship it to you.

Fingers crossed you have access to a 3D printer... otherwise, contact the tech support guys and they'll do their best to get your request into the process.

Clear skies,
                                      Alpha
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• WOW Thanks for the quick reply Alpha. I can certainly print the part if I can get the .STL file. While the plane is functional. I will be able to fly at my clubs electric event tomorrow. I like to have my planes looking great. Thank you once more.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by CDN_Iceman View Post
                                          WOW Thanks for the quick reply Alpha. I can certainly print the part if I can get the .STL file. While the plane is functional. I will be able to fly at my clubs electric event tomorrow. I like to have my planes looking great. Thank you once more.

Jeff
                                          that's really nice of Motion to offer a solution like that. On parts such as that, I've found out that I've become really good at searching the ground where it came off. Amazing what I've found from a little bit of patience and a steady eye!

SJ

Comment

Working...
                                          X