X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Rob, I have a book on Brit Camouflage and Markings of RAF Fighter Command WW2 and the color "Sky" or "Type S" or "Sky Type S" and "Duck Egg Green" or "Duck Egg Blue" or "Pale Green" are considered the same color and published under any of these descriptions. For my Spitfire/Seafire where about half the airframe is painted "Sky Type S" I used Tamiya XF-21 Sky matched to HD Behr Marquee Exterior latex. I thought the match was very good. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001 (2).JPG
Views:	1434
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	191627
    Absolutely love it! Well done!
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thanks for the color clarification...Beautiful job LB and extra points for choosing a livery that is so unique! :Cool: Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Slick looking Spitfire, Elbee! Really well done, lots of character!
        Alpha, Thanks, it was a fun build and the Spitfire is Tamms favorite so far. This kit is so well designed and so beautiful, it was worth the extra time to get it the way I saw it. I thank you and all at Flightline. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Alpha, Thanks, it was a fun build and the Spitfire is Tamms favorite so far. This kit is so well designed and so beautiful, it was worth the extra time to get it the way I saw it. I thank you and all at Flightline. Best, LB
          Awesome job LB!!
          Thanks for sharing your photo
          Rich

Comment

Rob, I have a book on Brit Camouflage and Markings of RAF Fighter Command WW2 and the color "Sky" or "Type S" or "Sky Type S" and "Duck Egg Green" or "Duck Egg Blue" or "Pale Green" are considered the same color and published under any of these descriptions. For my Spitfire/Seafire where about half the airframe is painted "Sky Type S" I used Tamiya XF-21 Sky matched to HD Behr Marquee Exterior latex. I thought the match was very good. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001 (2).JPG
Views:	1434
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	191627
            Outstanding Steve, you've set the bar with this one.:spitfire
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Very nice E4. It looks like the real deal.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                Outstanding Steve, you've set the bar with this one.:spitfire
                Thank you, Hugh. High praise indeed coming from you, but all I know for certain is the bar's open. :Drinks: Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey Guys...I need some help! I got my parts in to do my repairs, one of which was to replace a slightly bent pin on the main gear strut. But when I unscrewed the grubs and went to pull the pin out of the strut, it is totally jammed in! I cannot get it to break free! I've been tapping the pin on an anvil while rotating, trying to break it loose, but it isn't working and I'm afraid to put too much English on it due to the aluminum strut. Does anybody have any advice???? Rob

Comment

• Many thanks to Richj53...he got it off! Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                      Many thanks to Richj53...he got it off! Rob
                      Hi Rob

You are welcome my friend.... I used my soldering iron set at 750*C inside the grub screw hole for about 45 seconds which melted any remaining Loctite holding the steel pin on the strut.

PS You might want to post the photos if you think it could help others...

Rich

Comment

• I had read about others here who had issues and used heat to get it to break free, but now I really understand just how stubborn the factory Loc Tite can be! I tried unsuccessfully to use my soldering iron on the end of the strut, but Rich was smart enough to insulate the strut with wood on a vice and then pin pointed the heat right in the grub screw hole! It's great having a buddy close by! Rob

Comment

• I'm definitely going to use this information
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Okay, the motor came in and I'm all back together after my mishap! I had a wing tip destroyed, bent a strut gear pin and messed up the motor and prop. So here is the before and after...I'm pretty happy with it. Foam Tac Filler is awesome stuff...worked like Bondo! As long as I was touching up the dings, I got into some post shading and highlights...probably too subtle to see in these photos. I also sprayed with a model dull coat (Alclad) that I really like! I LOVE this plane...by far my favorite! Rob

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1810.JPG
Views:	811
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	193664Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1811.JPG
Views:	861
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	193665Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1812.JPG
Views:	827
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	193666 And sorry to hijack a bit, but here are some shots of a 1:32 scale Spit model I'm working on (gets my OCD out of my system)! Rob Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1809.JPG
Views:	826
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	193663

Comment

• Nice work Rob,
                                Here are some of the other photos showing the landing gear pin removal and the motor teardown showing the bad bearings

Rich

Attached Files

Comment

• Finally did the maiden flight today with my Spitfire!! All went well and this plane is quick and nimble to fly. My plane took a bunch of up trim.... I thought I had the recommended 2-3mm of up already…. guess I missed that somehow.

So much fun

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2788.jpg Views:	0 Size:	247.6 KB ID:	193963

Comment

• Bravo Rich...congratulations! Rob

Comment

• Hello Rich, nice to see a man , of my age, who are get older ... but not growing up...;) Thanks for this picture and, if you can, one video story ... in the future.Greetings from Croatia.:Cool:

Comment

• Yep Rich!!! What Jos said!!! Congrats!! And greeting Jos from Texas!!! Hope everyone has a very blessed week!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                                          Finally did the maiden flight today with my Spitfire!! All went well and this plane is quick and nimble to fly. My plane took a bunch of up trim.... I thought I had the recommended 2-3mm of up already…. guess I missed that somehow.

So much fun
                                          Have followed this thread ever since I saw it fly 2 years ago at NEFI with Pilot Ryan. It was on my list last year to buy until the incinerator event turned my RC world upside down.
                                          So as I rebuild the fleet, this Spitty is at the top of list. I noticed Rich's comment above in bold which struck me as strange. So I went and found the manual on the MRC website which yes indeed it does call for up E trim of 2mm based on this statement from the manual "Depending on your flight battery and your personal preference for flight stability versus agility, trim the elevator 2mm up."
                                          So my conundrum with this is why?? If there is an ability to adjust the battery position aft (that's a question) then why would you not position it for neutral E.
                                          I have always strived to trim my aircraft so that ALL control surfaces would/should be at neutral position unless there is a mechanical obstruction preventing such adjustments for CG like there is on the FL P-38.
                                          Mystified as to what this is all about with the Spitty
                                          :Confused::Thinking:
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X