X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Triple D View Post
    I just ordered a 1600mm spitty and was looking for tip and tricks on setting up for my maiden. I have watched videos on youtube and understand it's a torque beast that requires controls to keep the tail planted and plane from rolling left. I am a very seasoned pilot but all planes fly differently and I plan on taking off and landing in grass. Any tips on throws rates and cg would be much appreciated. I want to use my Turnigy 60 c 4000 and 4500 batterys but what does everyone use as far as weight and placement?

Thanks,
    D
    Welcome and I agree that Hugh has provided great information for take off and landings. This is a fun plane to fly and our club field is paved..... so easy on the power on take off and be fast on the rudder correction. The only thing I would add for the seasoned pilot is, if you can judge your approach speed and rotate to a flare right at the runway (full flaps) then you can try a 3-point landing :)

Rich

Comment

• Thanks Rich! I see your from Southern Oregon. Cool.. I grew up in K Falls. I reside in the Portland Area now.

Comment

Thanks Rich! I see your from Southern Oregon. Cool.. I grew up in K Falls. I reside in the Portland Area now.
        Awesome … Lake Oswego was my old stomping grounds. You get more rain up that way :)

Are you flying at one of the club sites up there? You will really enjoy the Spitfire

Rich

Comment

• I used to shred at Flyaways but I perfer the park by my house. I may join again if I decide to continue with planes that kinda need a runway. I'm a foamy pilot mostly. I do have a few balsa planes. I'm building a multiplex dogfighter that should run in the 180mph range. That's not gonna be a park flyer...ha

Comment

I used to shred at Flyaways but I perfer the park by my house. I may join again if I decide to continue with planes that kinda need a runway. I'm a foamy pilot mostly. I do have a few balsa planes. I'm building a multiplex dogfighter that should run in the 180mph range. That's not gonna be a park flyer...ha
            In the old days, the RC guys would fly at Delta park in Portland. Not sure where the fields are anymore. Make sure you give yourself plenty of room for the Spitfire..... not really a park flyer :)

Rich

Comment

• Ya..I'm thinking I need to maiden it on a runway and get familiar with landing before I land it on the park field. Just received the Spitty and it's really some bird. I'm gonna run an AR 6600T with a hobby eagle A3 V2 flight stabilizer. I decided to run a seperate Castle BEC 10 amp and a reciever battery. No brown outs here.

Comment

• Many thanks to Chris at the rc geek. I do have the head on a servo connected to the rudder. I also installed a steady red and flashing

Comment

• D, Love it. Looks a bit like my 'ex-wife'' at our last property settlement meeting. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake View Post
                    Many thanks to Chris at the rc geek. I do have the head on a servo connected to the rudder. I also installed a steady red and flashing
                    Ha ha!!! " ACES HIGH" Love your Eddie Pilot!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Absolutely loving my Spit - it's Remembrance Sunday here in the U.K. this weekend, so this seems appropriate..... Click image for larger version

Name:	LEST WE FORGET SPIT_Moment.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	218362

Comment

• Thanks for posting that, Neil. I'm currently listening to an audiobook of "Churchill: Walking with Destiny". I'm about 10 hours into the 50+ hour audiobook, and it continually reminds me of the people involved in the war effort. Not merely those specific years of wartime, but also of the events and decisions that shaped their character and work ethic throughout their lives. From the most visible contributors such as Winston Churchill, to the least recognized supply depot valet in Australia, these people should never be forgotten.
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Amen to that Neil.

Comment

• Curious about the markings/decals that come with the kit. My instructions show all parts with markings already applied and no other guidance on how to apply those supplied, other than a 6-view placement diagram. I assume the small sheet with code numbers and stencils are water-slide decals. Are all the others (wing-walk lines, yellow leading edges, tail and wing national insignia) peel-and-stick? Any unusual application hazards I should know about before getting started?

Thanks, Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan/Eval View Post
                              Curious about the markings/decals that come with the kit. My instructions show all parts with markings already applied and no other guidance on how to apply those supplied, other than a 6-view placement diagram. I assume the small sheet with code numbers and stencils are water-slide decals. Are all the others (wing-walk lines, yellow leading edges, tail and wing national insignia) peel-and-stick? Any unusual application hazards I should know about before getting started?

Thanks, Scott
                              Scott, Firstly, Welcome to Hobby Squawk and secondly, as I recall, yes, part of the markings are water-slide and part a sticky backed. You'll know if soaking the wrong ones in water, but if you let those dry back out, those will still work, ask me how I know. LOL. As for placement, I used photos for 90% of the placement and SWAGs for the rest. Double check all if you've not already. hope this helps. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                Scott, Firstly, Welcome to Hobby Squawk and secondly, as I recall, yes, part of the markings are water-slide and part a sticky backed. You'll know if soaking the wrong ones in water, but if you let those dry back out, those will still work, ask me how I know. LOL. As for placement, I used photos for 90% of the placement and SWAGs for the rest. Double check all if you've not already. hope this helps. Best, LB
                                Thanks LB, much appreciated.

Comment

• Stan/Eval Elbee is right, our big Spitfire has a mix of adhesive vinyl decals (roundels, wingwalks, leading edge yellow, and numbers) and waterslides (nomenclature and assorted small text/graphics). As for placement, there's a "Decal Placement Sheet" available for download on the Spitfire's product page under the Support tab. Here is the direct link, in case a sheet wasn't in your PNP box:

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...=r#support-tab

Also, welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I'm picking my Spitfire up today. Yeah!
                                    Netflix has a new special out about the Spitfire. It is not very technical in nature. It is more about the sounds and shapes of the Spitfire. Sort of a Love Letter to the airplane. Which is cool, but I wished for more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo818 View Post
                                      I'm picking my Spitfire up today. Yeah! Netflix has a new special out about the Spitfire. It is not very technical in nature. It is more about the sounds and shapes of the Spitfire. Sort of a Love Letter to the airplane. Which is cool, but I wished for more.
                                      JB, I have seen it and you called it, it is a bit of a love letter and watching it brought some moisture to my eyes, almost, ahem. Welcome to Hobby Squawk. I look forward to seeing your Spittie build, so post some pics. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                        Stan/Eval Elbee is right, our big Spitfire has a mix of adhesive vinyl decals (roundels, wingwalks, leading edge yellow, and numbers) and waterslides (nomenclature and assorted small text/graphics). As for placement, there's a "Decal Placement Sheet" available for download on the Spitfire's product page under the Support tab. Here is the direct link, in case a sheet wasn't in your PNP box:

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...=r#support-tab

Also, welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                                        Thanks Alpha. The straight peel-and-stick were pretty easy to apply, but the markings on the sides of the fuselage were peel-apply-burnish, and a giant PITA - not sure why the difference. Anyway, just the waterslide type left to apply. Until the snow melts, it'll be all dressed up with no place to go...

Comment

• Welcome Stan... Nice job! Glad you are here!!! Jerry

Comment

Working...
                                          X