X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Dynam F4U Corsair

Thanks Flyboy. I knew I would be in trouble leaving it all one color. I should be able to see this one just fine!
    Also going to follow your lead and put some weight in the nose using a 3000mah battery. Thanks for sharing that info

Thanks Pheonix. I used Old Masters water based polyurethane semi gloss. It turned out a little shiny but I'm starting to like it. I may even put a third coat on

Comment

RE: Dynam F4U Corsair

The Long Haul Report: Greetings fellow fliers. I have flown the Dynam Corsair all this last summer and I am so so happy.  :D  I have around 50 or so flights and she's holding up very well. My current set up makes her a dream to fly and land. No flaps required. She is all stock except for the 14x12 APC single blade prop, and DAVE BROWN shock absorbing tires. I'm using the Admiral 4 s 3000mah batt with 3 ounces of lead added in the cowling for perfect cg. All the electronics and servos are holding up as well. My flight times are 7-10 mins pending on throttle management. I get lots of compliments from the guys at the field to. My only and 1 dislike are the retracts. They dont like to work in colder weather. There is an up grade available with metal trunions that also is suppose to be the cure for this cold weather problem. But for now she hangs in the stand next to my flag ship P51 FMS 1400 Mustang. Thanks for reading and happy flying from the Pacific NW.  :cool:
      Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Comment

Greeting fro the Pacific NW.

I decided to up grade the motor in my Corsair. Thought maybe the Dynam KV 650 motor would be the ticket. Just plug it in and go. WOW! She picked up speed alright! Used the stock 13x7x3 and she screamed through the skis with almost unlimited vertical. Very impressed indeed. Flight 5 disaster struck. I didnt realize how HOT the motor was getting and didnt let it cool off enough in between flights. Melted the plastic motor board and the motor flew right out of it, Hee Hee! Made a perfect emergency belly landing in the grass. Other than the glowing red motor and melted motor board, not a scratch. Went to the shelf and pulled out a like new FMS 540 kv motor. Been sitting there for months for my FMS P51 Mustang got a motor upgrade shortly after its purchase. Spliced in creatively a FMS P51 motor board, bolted up the new motor, and TA DA!!! Using the stock 13x7x3, 65amp ESC, Admiral 4000 mah batt and she screams through the sky at an impressive 75mph with 8 minutes of flight time wide open.

Comment

Dymond Corsair Landing gear,

I have replaced them once. I still only get them to work abut 10% of the time. Can any one help.

Comment

Hi Al, I replaced mine with the FMS 1400mm corsair retracts.

Hey Fly Boy, I went with the FMS 580 motor. Had to revamp the "X" mount to get it to work. Not sure of the exact speed, but its fast and fun to fly!!

Jeff

Comment

I've had no issues with my Dynam Corsair retracts, other than they dont like to work in cold weather. This is a commen problem with all Dynam retracts. The recommended temp must be 50 degrees plus. Colder than 50, they dont work.

Capt. Crunch: AWESOME! I also have the 580kv motor, but its in my FMS P51 Mustang. Powered with a 14x12 single blade. Top speed is nearly 85mph. I thought about switching them, but my Corsair is showing signs of fatigue in the main wing. Micro cracking from high G turns, thats getting bigger with every flight. If you look closely at the underside of the main wing, there are wing spars that run the length of the wing. Going to order a new main wing and up grade the spars. Thinking of hollow brass tubing to stiffen the wing.

Comment

Fly Boy:

Thanks for the continuing history on the Corsair. I am a Portland newbie with a trainer and looking forward to following it with the same plane as you have.
                Are you in a club, and where do you fly? Would enjoy meeting you and seeing your plane in action.

Rick

Comment

I've been watching the Dynam Corsair closely and well as the E-flite with the sweet flaps and AS3X. I have decided that when I can afford to, I will be buying both.
                  My opinion is that if you have a Corsair, you need a gyro in it. I have the first version Parkzone 44 inch Corsair that's old as dirt and has well over 1000 flights on it, and I have a Lemon-RX gyro in it and fly it with no problems in the wind.
                  When I get the Dynam, I will also install a Lemon-RX gyro receiver in it too so I don't have to leave it in the shop if the wind is high.
                  So yeah, I'm a Corsair nut. Still flying the Parkzone, but definitely getting the Dynam after watching the videos Motion put together for it.
                  I am really impressed with the Dynam birds... :)

Comment

Jody I have a few Dynams and I really enjoy them . The Corsair fly's really nice . I don't use any Gyros in them but that is my choice . All the Dynam line that I've flown have lite wing loads so they float in nice for landings .

Bryan

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Great video Bryan,
                      I was wondering how the Dynam handled grass and if it wanted to go on it's nose or not. Luckily we have a Geotech runway at our field, but it's only 200 ft long so there's a lot of times we run off into the grass... I'm liking this bird more and more, and will be getting one as soon as cash flow allows for a new bird in my hanger. lol

Comment

I was wondering if the Dynam Corsair comes with the decals applied or if you put them on yourself?
                        I would like to do a Baa Baa Blacksheep copy that is just navy blue without the #5's and the navy lettering and just has the american insignia.... I'd have to paint the red stripes in the American insignia white to make it WWII correct...
                        I can't find any unboxing videos for this bird to see how it ships...
                        Thanks,

Comment

All the other dynam planes I've gotten came with a sheet of decals you had to apply yourself.
                          Dewey l

Comment

I've seen a couple of un boxing videos it comes naked in them.

Comment

I have one and it and all my Dynam planes came without graphics installed, I wish all companies would do this.
                              TiredIron Aviation
                              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Shaneyfelt View Post
                                I was wondering if the Dynam Corsair comes with the decals applied or if you put them on yourself?
                                I would like to do a Baa Baa Blacksheep copy that is just navy blue without the #5's and the navy lettering and just has the american insignia.... I'd have to paint the red stripes in the American insignia white to make it WWII correct...
                                I can't find any unboxing videos for this bird to see how it ships...
                                Thanks,
                                I did mine like this and just ordered graphics for the Dynam Hellcat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4U_01.jpg
Views:	958
Size:	971.7 KB
ID:	43397

Name:	F4U_02.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	43399

On my 1600mm Corsair I used Callie for the graphics...http://www.callie-graphics.com

Name:	20160521_203453722_iOS.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	43400

Name:	20160521_203503126_iOS.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	994.8 KB
ID:	43401

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Very nice.... I'm definately looking forward to ordering this bird.
                                  Has anyone tried the scale Corsair wheels from the Hobbyzone Corsair on this Dynam bird to see if they were the right size to add that scale look to it?
                                  I've got an extra set and would love to use them if they are the right size... :)

Comment

These are my Dynam Corsairs. One with factory decals except for the arrow on the the right side wing. The other has the 301 decals from the FMS version. Rdd I fly at the Clark County Fair grounds. They have an AMA field there with a paved runnway. And no neither one of my Corsairs like the grass, even with over size tires.

Comment

I was finally able to order my Corsair last Friday and got it on Monday. I was excited like a kid in a toy store when I got it. Lol
                                      As I unboxed it I noticed dents in the top of the cowl that would be very visible. I then bound it up to make sure everything worked and I had a bad retract.
                                      I contacted Motion right away and Martin and Wayne took care of it right away.
                                      This is why I buy everything from Motion RC now.
                                      Customer service second to none.
                                      Thanks Martin and Wayne.
                                      Jody

Comment

You can't beat MRC!
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Well I was hoping to maiden it today but I'm still having problems with my landing gear..... so she's grounded.
                                          My original retracts were messing up so Motion sent me a new pair and I got them yesterday... The package said they were tested, and I cycled them twice before installing them in the plane and they were fine. worked 2 more times after installation, but now they work correctly about 10% of the time.... So I'm really bummed and not sure what the next step is....
                                          Has anyone tried the new E-flite Corsair retracts in the Dynam bird and will they bolt in without alot of modifications?

Comment

Working...
                                          X