Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to check in with Tirediron on this. I think he just done one. I'm currently putting a set in my F6F and it's not to much trouble.
    Dewey l

Comment

I just put a set in my corsair. You need to modify the mount to get them to bolt in. There are some pretty good you tube videos of different ways of doing it. I'll try to post some pics on the way i ended up doing it

Jeff

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
        I just put a set in my corsair. You need to modify the mount to get them to bolt in. There are some pretty good you tube videos of different ways of doing it. I'll try to post some pics on the way i ended up doing it

Jeff

​​​​​​
        The Eflights should bolt right in.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I used the Eflite 10-15 90 degree retracts and the mount had to be modified. Which ones did you use?

Jeff

Comment

I used the Eflite 10-15 90 degree retracts and the mount had to be modified. Which ones did you use?

Jeff
            These...
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Well guy's I finally got to maiden my Baa Baa Blacksheep modeled Corsair tonight and this thing flew like a dream on low rates, (55%) and wasn't bad on highs which I had set at 85%
              It took off on its own with no elevator input at just over half throttle and used alot of the runway like that in a very scale looking takeoff.
              I got 2 flights on it and it landed like a dream too except the 2nd one the gear wouldn't come down and a made a beautiful belly landing in the grass with lucky no damage.
              Not sure what's with the gear this time, I will look at them tomorrow.
              The first issues I was having with the gear was because the rotation pin was hitting the rear mounting screws and causing them to lock up.
              I fixed that last night after getting some ideas from Wayne at Motion RC.
              I installed a smaller head screw that the pin cleared and the gear worked like they were supposed to.
              You could also take out the screw and grind a flat spot in the side of head to get the same result.
              Not sure what's going on with the gear this time but luckily I have another set.
              I'll keep you posted.
              Thanks to Wayne and the guys at Motion RC for all your help as well as everyone here on Hobbysquawk that's given me ideas.....
              Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations on your maiden Jody. I have the Hellcat still planning on getting the corsair though. I'm a bona-fide corsair Jacky. I just love the shape of this plane in the air. Even on the Hellcat right out of the box the right retract worked 6 times and the left died before even getting the plane balanced. I just went ahead and ordered a set of 10-15-90 elite retracts and put in it because I already knew that if motion sent me another set odds are they would be bad or not last long. I wish l would have ordered the 10-15-90 eflite for the corsair to go it but I didn't. I understand from other post they are an almost drop in fit. As with the ones I ordered lm have to make mods to fit. Anyhow get you a set of eflite gear for the corsair and Tirediron says they will bolt right in. He is the man for sure.
                Dewey l

Comment

Jeff

​​​​​​
                  Thanks Jeff but I can't find anything about E-flite retracts in the Dynam Corsair on youtube..... :(

Comment

Now are the E-flite 10-15 90 the same retracts that come with the E-flite Corsair with the green stripes Motion sells right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                      Congratulations on your maiden Jody. I have the Hellcat still planning on getting the corsair though. I'm a bona-fide corsair Jacky. I just love the shape of this plane in the air. Even on the Hellcat right out of the box the right retract worked 6 times and the left died before even getting the plane balanced. I just went ahead and ordered a set of 10-15-90 elite retracts and put in it because I already knew that if motion sent me another set odds are they would be bad or not last long. I wish l would have ordered the 10-15-90 eflite for the corsair to go it but I didn't. I understand from other post they are an almost drop in fit. As with the ones I ordered lm have to make mods to fit. Anyhow get you a set of eflite gear for the corsair and Tirediron says they will bolt right in. He is the man for sure.
                      Thanks Dewey, It was a treat to fly for sure.... :)
                      Now are the 10-15-90 E-flites the same gear that comes in the E-flite Corsair that Motion RC sells with the green stripes on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Shaneyfelt View Post

Now these are the E-flites for the E-flite Corsair with the green stripes Motion sells right?
                        Yes...they are.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Yes...they are.
                          Thank you. I'll have to go to those for sure if this other set don't work out.

Comment

I believe the 10-15-90degree rotating universal retracts have a longer strut than the ones that come in the eflite corsair and are not prebent for the wheel. Surely someone can confirm this.

Comment

Thats right FF. The 10-15-90 universal retracts are longer and have to be cut to length, then attach the supplied axle. But as Tired Iron pointed out, the retracts from the Eflite corsair will bolt right in with no cutting or modifying. Wish I had known that before I went with the universal retract.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that. The longer strut might make them a better fit in the hellcat I remember someone saying the eflite corsair retracts were a little short and had to move them back to get the wheel in the wheel well.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                  Thanks for confirming that. The longer strut might make them a better fit in the hellcat I remember someone saying the eflite corsair retracts were a little short and had to move them back to get the wheel in the wheel well.
                                  That was me, I later moved them back to the original mounting holes and trimmed the wheel well.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

That was me, I later moved them back to the original mounting holes and trimmed the wheel well.

How much of the wheel well needs to be trimmed? Could you post a pic? I need to order another set for my second corsair, and now I'm not sure which set to get

Jeff

Comment

How much of the wheel well needs to be trimmed? Could you post a pic? I need to order another set for my second corsair, and now I'm not sure which set to get

Jeff
                                      None on the Corsair...about 3/8" on the Hellcat.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks for that info!

Comment

I have unfortunately had to park mine after only 10 flights and 4 sets of dynam retracts.
                                          I'll just have to wait until I can get the money together to get the E-flite Corsair retacts. Super bummed that this has been such a problem.
                                          This is in no way anything bad towards Motion RC. They have been fantastic in trying to take care of the problem, but these retracts are not worth trying to warranty another set. The rotation pin popped out on the last set on their first landing causing the wheel to rotate and to do a hard nose over which broke the nuts out of the motor mount...
                                          I have tried to reinstall the rotation pin but I can't get it to go back in without damaging the rest of the retract from trying to force the pin in place.... So for now, I unfortunately give up and it will hang over my kitchen table....
                                          So when I get the cash scraped up for a new motor mount and a set of E-Flite retracts hopefully I'll be able to actually enjoy this bird for once without having to worry if my gear are going to fail again....
                                          Thanks again to Wayne and Motion RC for all of your help.... I just wish you could warranty me a set of E-flite corsair retracts instead of the Dynams.... lol.

Comment

Working...
                                          X