• Time
  • Show
Clear All

test
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Greeting from the PNW,

I've been away for a bit to come back and find this very interesting thread on the Dynam retracts. What I find to be the most interesting is that I've had very little to no problems with my stock Dynam Corsair retracts. There a little finicky in colder weather, and the strut rods seem to bend easier on a hard landing , but other than that, My Dynam stock Corsair retracts work fine. Maybe because I upgraded the wheels to Dave Brown shock absorbing tires is why? Its the only thing I've done differently than what I'm reading. Happy landings from the PNW
      Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Comment

How is the V2 without the reinforcement spar? Or does it have one? I cant find any v2 videos on you tube about it other then motion rc one but im still going to get it (Christmas) hopefully.

Comment

This may be in the wrong thread but here goes Has any one used the Top Flite cockpit kit in the Dynam Corsair?

Comment

Originally posted by gbagwell100 View Post
            This may be in the wrong thread but here goes Has any one used the Top Flite cockpit kit in the Dynam Corsair?
            I seriously doubt that will work.. compare wingspans. They'd have to be within 2% for there to be a chance.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

New here, and am starting an F4U build and am looking for a good cockpit kit that would work. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

oops, did not see the reply prior to the last post. Thanks fhhuber for the advice

Comment

Greetings from the Arizona desert. New to fixed wing rc. I've been into my quad mostly over the passed year, but always had a fascination for these birds. Gonna start a build on the Dynam F4U next week, so I've been surfin' and lurkin' while trying to get my ducks all lined up. I did do the search thing, but figured this thread would be more specific for my build. Anyhow, was hoping someone might could shine some light on paints. Like, what is best for these foamies? How much do paint schemes actually affect the importance of c.g.? Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated...
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Hey BluesDragon , welcome to the forum !!!

First off have you flown anything other than a Quads ? If not a Corsair is NOT the first bird to start with . I know it is nice and sexy looking but any low wing tail dragger , referring to the landing gear , is a handful for a very novice pilot . I speak from experience and everyone will tell you the same .

The Corsairs that motion carries come painted so there is no need useless you want to change the color . As far as the CG you probably wouldn't be adding enough paint to change the weight . The CG will always stay the same , may move a few mm one way or the other , but will always be close to suggested number . That comes from the design and setup off the plane .

If you need some info on getting into fixed wing we here will all be more than glad to help you but jumping in like your speaking of will only bring heartache because you will crash !!!!! Sorry but its the truth .

Bryan
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Heya Hippie.. thanks for the welcome and the reply.

I was going on the assumption that it comes solid painted. Thinking the belly, nose, and tail would need some paint for visual orientation purpose.

I know you're right.. I do expect some bumps and bruises, "but Crashing is Landing". I got the parts department on speed dial! ;)
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                        Heya Hippie.. thanks for the welcome and the reply.

I was going on the assumption that it comes solid painted. Thinking the belly, nose, and tail would need some paint for visual orientation purpose.

I know you're right.. I do expect some bumps and bruises, "but Crashing is Landing". I got the parts department on speed dial! ;)
                        Better order some Foam-Tac also. ;)
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

A couple of guys in our club have made the same move as of last year, their biggest hurdle was realizing the difference in throttle management. But I agree with Hippie, not the best bird to start off with. If this is the route you want to go, a couple of things to keep in mind are:
                          Prop torque, she's going to pull to the left on take off, correct with right rudder.
                          When landing, keep the fuselage level and control your descent with throttle, don't just kill and glide her in. The garbage cans of America are full of pretty warbirds because pilots didn't heed this advice.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks for that heads up, Grossman56 . I'm a slow and steady kinda guy. I had never put a drone in the air before dropping a pretty penny on it either. I'm not so obnoxious to believe I won't make mistakes. I have even joined a local fly club, their field is where I fly the drone sometimes. I'm sure to be taking a lot of time with the build/setup. Schooling as much as I can along the way. Only to follow up with more then enough taxi time, getting to know the controls, and then quite a few touch and goes before I even take 'er there and get 'er in the air. There's a few fellas down there that can guide me with some' hands on' from there. I also appreciate the advice and lessons I learn around the forums. Even the guys/gals on my drone forums have told me I'm just as crazy, but I believe in learning with what I plan to drive. Hard headed, I know.. the wife never seems to let me forget that.. it's just what works for me.
                            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                              Greetings from the Arizona desert. New to fixed wing rc. I've been into my quad mostly over the passed year, but always had a fascination for these birds. Gonna start a build on the Dynam F4U next week, so I've been surfin' and lurkin' while trying to get my ducks all lined up. I did do the search thing, but figured this thread would be more specific for my build. Anyhow, was hoping someone might could shine some light on paints. Like, what is best for these foamies? How much do paint schemes actually affect the importance of c.g.? Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated...
                              Hey BluesDragon

On the matter of paint, I've used both acrylic and latex on a couple of my birds. But, before painting, I've used Minwax satin polycrylic for a base coat to seal and add adhesive properties to the foam. It works for me so far. It maybe too late to mention, before a build, I would take a small section like the vertical stab or elevator to Lowe's or Menard's and have a small can of paint color matched to my plane's primary color. It comes in handy.
                              Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

Thanks mcriley2 ! :Cool:
                                That's what I was looking for. Never too late, I'm sure I'll learn maintenance/repairs/and body rebuilding (kinda sounds like my life after 50) before perfecting my landings. :Silly:
                                Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Better order some Foam-Tac also. ;)
                                  Got a 5 gal. bucket on the way! :)

Seriously though, I did add the Foam Tac Glue, and Filler, into my gig bag. :Cool:
                                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
                                    Hey BluesDragon , welcome to the forum !!!

First off have you flown anything other than a Quads ? If not a Corsair is NOT the first bird to start with . I know it is nice and sexy looking but any low wing tail dragger , referring to the landing gear , is a handful for a very novice pilot . I speak from experience and everyone will tell you the same .

The Corsairs that motion carries come painted so there is no need useless you want to change the color . As far as the CG you probably wouldn't be adding enough paint to change the weight . The CG will always stay the same , may move a few mm one way or the other , but will always be close to suggested number . That comes from the design and setup off the plane .

If you need some info on getting into fixed wing we here will all be more than glad to help you but jumping in like your speaking of will only bring heartache because you will crash !!!!! Sorry but its the truth .

Bryan
                                    I had mentioned this in another post, but wanted to let ya know, I'm hearin' ya there, Bryan. After finishing the build I took the F4U down to the field. Mainly just to run my drone batteries down to storage capacity, but brought 'er along to have the guys in the club look over my build and balance. Everything is looking good. Then I went home and ordered the Apprentice Trainer (1220) w/SAFE. I'll be learning with her and my F4U will wait until I'm feeling pretty good about getting her back to the ground in one piece. :Cool:
                                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

BluesDragon I am glad to hear of your decision it really is the best way to go . I first bought a big Freewing At6 Texan an it sit built for 7 months . I did dust it once it week .
                                      Been flying four years and I still get nervous and shaky all the time .

Here is my Dynam Corsair and its fun you'll enjoy it !!!!!

Bryan
                                      But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Love your pilot! An absolutely beautiful bird, too. :corsair
                                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Here's mine after the build and balance... and where she'll 'hang out' until I'm comfortable with landing the Apprentice. Which should be here sometime this week... :182
                                          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Working...
                                          X