X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    I gotta try that ww2 game. I bought it for my boys, but I haven't played it yet

It's pretty cool. Has a tanker mission in there as well as the flying one. My son was a tanker with the US Army's 2/37th... Charlie Co. for a couple tours over in that other desert. The tank mission was probably the hardest part for me... he breezed right through it! :Nerd:
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Hahaha no doubt! If he didn't he and I would have to have a little talk! Lol yeah I play a game on the computer called arma 3, we added a few modifications to it, so it has all the modern equipment available, and once we did that I was owning the game in a M1A2. Just turn the turret, lock the target laser and proceed to making said target disappear! Its probably one of the most accurate simulations I've tried in a long long time. Even the hemmits suck to drive! Haha!

Comment

• After making all the changes I figured I best revisit the CG department. Good thing I did too. Think I got it right in range of what the manual calls for. With the 2200 4s all the way up front...85mm with gear down to 90mm with gear up. :Cool:
        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• I think I added a 1/2 oz under the Cowling but I like to fly a little nose heavy . Just slide that battery all the up and enjoy !!!

Bryan
          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• I think I added a 1/2 oz under the Cowling but I like to fly a little nose heavy . Just slide that battery all the up and enjoy !!!

PS.. I have a little Fat Ass pilot also so I need to balance for him

Bryan
            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• I threw a 1/2 oz of weight in the cowl as well. And I fly with 2700s. Seems to fly spot on for me

Comment

• I did the same, as well... although I ended up with a full oz up there by time I was done.
                I'm guessing because of all link stops I put in the tail section. :Thinking:
                Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Just weighed them (spares) on the scale. Only came to a total of 2.5g. So maybe that plus whatever added weight of the 'slightly thicker' rods I replaced too.
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
                    I think I added a 1/2 oz under the Cowling but I like to fly a little nose heavy . Just slide that battery all the up and enjoy !!!

PS.. I have a little Fat Ass pilot also so I need to balance for him

Bryan
                    I'm looking to add some clear coat protection, myself. May I inquire as to what you used there? Doing some research on it, I see most are using the
                    Minwax (?). I also seen another that used Pledge Floor Care Finish with the same application process. I'd swear the sun is a lot closer to Earth when
                    passing over Arizona! I need to do something for a little piece of mind...
                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• I covered mine with the Hobby Coat . It was my first time using and its not bad . It did darken my paint to look almost black but I don't care ....

If your planning to brush it on use the Hobby Coat , Minwax , and Doc likes the Varthane real well . I have all three and to me they are all close . But if you are Airbrushing the Hobby Coat is very thick . I wasn't able to thin it down enough for my airbrush . Also it doesn't come in anything but gloss where as the others do come in a flat or gloss

Bryan
                      But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Thanks Hippie 64 ! I'm more of a rattle can guy, never tried airbrushing. I'm just brushing on with the foam brush. Went with the Minwax (semi gloss) and just finished the first coat. Doesn't look bad, but I'm going more for some added protection then looks. ;)
                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Protection and looks, go hand in hand together ...
                          When you protect it, it looks good ...:)
                          Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

• Finished the last (3rd) thin coat about 10:30 last evening. Very nice protective coat. Almost feels plastic like now... me likes! :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Whistler's Brother 2.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	128306Click image for larger version

Name:	Whistler's Brother.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	128307

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• In my research/schooling process, I've come across using a 'flaperon' setup for help with landings. Does anyone use this type of setup on these birds... and if so, what are thoughts or experiences with this method? I'm considering putting this setting into my flapless bird(s).
                              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                                In my research/schooling process, I've come across using a 'flaperon' setup for help with landings. Does anyone use this type of setup on these birds... and if so, what are thoughts or experiences with this method? I'm considering putting this setting into my flapless bird(s).
                                I don't and wouldn't ever on the Dynam line up . Dynam planes have a lite wing load and float down on their own . Just remember that going into these Warbirds you need to come in with a little speed . If you come in too slow almost a very slow float they will tip stall . AKA they will wing over and being that close to the ground your in a no win situation !! The only result will ordering new replacement parts .
                                Need to learn a good glide path coming in .

Tail dragging planes are a different breed of beast when it comes to landings n takeoffs .

Bryan

P.S. Your plane looks good !!!!
                                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• I have set up flaperons on my Dynam Spitfire in the past and it does help you land a little slower without stalling. I mostly did it just to try them out and used the Dynam Spitfire because it would be cheap to replace in case it went bad. I agree that they really don’t need flaps or the flaperon set up because they do fly so light and you can land them relatively slow without help. If you are interested in trying it I would go ahead the only side affect is the aileron response is really mushy feeling with them on. Good luck!

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback, guys. That's what I needed to hear/read. I have the PT-17 (1.1mm) showing up today... just to learn some tail dragging landings. Once I'm feeling good with that one, there will be no stopping this itch to put the Cors...... WAIT!!.... dogs are barkin'.. doorbell's ringing.. time to put the PT-17 together!! :Cool:
                                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Better than flaperon for trying to fly a warbird slow.... Spolierons.

Deflect the ailerons up slightly. This effectively gives washout, which will cause the tips to stall after the center section. You bring the nose up a bit more and present the whole belly as one big airbrake.
                                      More drag and more stable on approach.

Deflecting the ailerons down works exactly in reverse, you promote the wingtips stalling before the center section and thus you have to keep the nose down.
                                      Less drag and more unstable.
                                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Spolierons... thanks fhhuber.. something else for me to research now. :Cool:
                                        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• [QUOTE=BluesDragon;n128305]Finished the last (3rd) thin coat about 10:30 last evening. Very nice protective coat. Almost feels plastic like now... me likes! :Cool:

:Devil: That's the look, I've been waiting to see... :Cool:
                                          Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

Working...
                                          X