X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: ALL FMS 1450mm P-51's V8 + others

Oh Shirty, how can you like bikinis? After all they are so sexually suggestive. Please try to behave  :rolleyes:

John

Comment

wintrsol, tks for the info
      Daryl, welcome to HS and congrats on the new flyer in the family.
      John, lol, yeah there so awful ! welcome to HS
      [hr]
      I am finding it difficult to get any specs on the FMS motors. From what I can guess is that the motor shaft is possibly 6mm. Is this correct ?
      FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
      DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
      Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
      J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

Originally posted by nadt770
        Oh Shirty, how can you like bikinis? After all they are so sexually suggestive. Please try to behave  :rolleyes:

John
        I am trying to find a small "minion" wearing a thong bikini and using it as the pilot in my P-51. I'd pose him "mooning" out the canopy. If I post a picture of it on this forum, will I get sanctioned like I would at RC Groups? I have tried to locate the "rules" for this site but am having some difficulty.
        BTW, I am somewhat irritated by thong bikinis, but given enough time, I think I'll get used to the feel. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by xviper

John
          I am trying to find a small "minion" wearing a thong bikini and using it as the pilot in my P-51. I'd pose him "mooning" out the canopy. If I post a picture of it on this forum, will I get sanctioned like I would at RC Groups? I have tried to locate the "rules" for this site but am having some difficulty.
          BTW, I am somewhat irritated by thong bikinis, but given enough time, I think I'll get used to the feel. :-/
          Lmao oh brother TMI on the thong man. Thats going to make a great pilot. Pls post the pic of the minion, but I do beg you no pics of you in a thong PLS !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by olwarbirds

[hr]
            I am finding it difficult to get any specs on the FMS motors. From what I can guess is that the motor shaft is possibly 6mm. Is this correct ?
            Hello olWB,
            Not sure which motor you're referring to but am guessing it is this one:
            4258-550 is 6mm per this spec at Diamond.   http://www.diamondhobby.com/airplane...tor-4258-kv550
            They have all the FMS motor specs listed, just look under the specifications tab for each motor.
            Wish MRC would publish these.
            Best regards,
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56
              I found the Varathane didn't take as many coats.  I put new wings on my F/W Mustang and one coat of Varathane covered as well as 4 coats of Mnwax, plus the Varathane has a UV protectant in it as well

Grossman56
              I've never seen varathane before. Where did you find it? Looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by OV10

[hr]
                Hello olWB,
                Not sure which motor you're referring to but am guessing it is this one:
                4258-550 is 6mm per this spec at Diamond.   http://www.diamondhobby.com/airplane...tor-4258-kv550
                They have all the FMS motor specs listed, just look under the specifications tab for each motor.
                Wish MRC would publish these.
                Best regards,
                Charlie,tks brother...exactly I looked on MRC and couldnt find the specs. After doing some research I am getting some different specs one is saying M6 and another is M8 for that motor...I will be using this motor on all my 1400mm warbirds http://www.diamondhobby.com/electronics-accessories/fms-motor-4258-kv650 and tks to you I got what was needed ...I am wanting to order a Ramoser varioprop and want to make sure I get exactly what all is needed the first time. Plus I am going to be listing links to each item needed depending on which motor....tks again... DJ
                [hr]
                Originally posted by Sky Wolf
                Originally posted by Grossman56
                I found the Varathane didn't take as many coats.  I put new wings on my F/W Mustang and one coat of Varathane covered as well as 4 coats of Mnwax, plus the Varathane has a UV protectant in it as well

Grossman56
                I've never seen varathane before. Where did you find it? Looks awesome!
                Varathane is a rust-oleum product..walmart, lowes, home depot also you can order it off of amazon...

Comment

John
                  I am trying to find a small "minion" wearing a thong bikini and using it as the pilot in my P-51. I'd pose him "mooning" out the canopy.  If I post a picture of it on this forum, will I get sanctioned like I would at RC Groups?  I have tried to locate the "rules" for this site but am having some difficulty.
                  BTW, I am somewhat irritated by thong bikinis, but given enough time, I think I'll get used to the feel.   :-/
                  Lol, I spit my coffee over this one. :)
                  You gotta post pics!

Comment

John
                    I am trying to find a small "minion" wearing a thong bikini and using it as the pilot in my P-51. I'd pose him "mooning" out the canopy.  If I post a picture of it on this forum, will I get sanctioned like I would at RC Groups?  I have tried to locate the "rules" for this site but am having some difficulty.
                    BTW, I am somewhat irritated by thong bikinis, but given enough time, I think I'll get used to the feel.   :-/
                    Lmao oh brother TMI on the thong man. Thats going to make a great pilot. Pls post the pic of the minion, but I do beg you no pics of you in a thong PLS !!!!!

LOL That's awesome! I believe Hippie64 has a few of the minion pilots (without thongs) I cant recall where he got them

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch

John

LOL That's awesome! I believe Hippie64 has a few of the minion pilots (without thongs) I cant recall where he got them
                      I don't get why those pictures got anyone in trouble.  There are billboards that are more offensive.  The moderators must live in the Vatican.  My 9 year old daughter (who flies occasionally) often looks over my shoulder when I am online and I don't think the pictures would corrupt the family feel of the threads.  Some of the Girly Calendars depicting women polishing the planes in suggestive posses could definitely be considered more legitimate as to being offensive. I am not sure how much of an onslaught of smut they have to deal with, but one would think that given the context it might have just been a power trip.  I find trolls more of "Oh come on someone do something about him" issue.  I think the minion idea (as funny as it is) may just escalate the war.  Always better to de-escalate.
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

There is alot going thats just not right, but I am going to stay out of it until SEFF, then its on !

Back to the P-51 I finally picked the D version I want http://www.diamondhobby.com/airplanes/fms-1400mm-p-51d-v8-rr-pnp now I have to make my final decision of which B version.. I spoke with Diamond hobby this am and what a very nice and informative conversation it was. Not only was he very helpful and informative, but he saved me a good chunk of monies. I also spoke with Motion this am and again WOW ! We sure are lucky to have this kind of product support and informative sources. I have worked in the hobby industry on/off since the late 80's and I sure wish all the companies were like this. No wonder the success...You guys ROCKl, very awesome experience this AM....Motion and Diamond will be seeing alot more of my monies. I am in process of filling my hangar up with 1400mm warbirds most of which are FMS and of course the new P-38 :) ....I will be using the New 650KV in most of them, so bulk order of those coming up soon.

Comment

+1 on the service you guys get over there from motion and diamond. They seem to be the best suppliers around. The fact so many people make the time to comment favourably on their service, speaks volumes.

If only we had one of those here in oz... Market is probably not big enough to justify a shop in Australia, but hey alpha, if you do decide to ever set up a branch down under, I'm your man. ;)

I know most of you guys have seen these vids before, but being a new forum I thought I should share a little eye candy for the thread. More to come later :)

Comment

Shirty, tks brother. I had not seen that vid. You did a good production, only problem I have is the Sheila blue on the P-51 :) hahaha Just had to throw one at ya ...Pls give us a description of how you have that one setup. Motor etc... I will eventually be getting the DD P-51B , even if it has a bluenose ....
                            [hr]

soon to be in my hangar
                            Attached Files

Comment

Lol. Yeah, I better be careful of nose art. ;)

Both my p51s, and the fw190, I have done the 4258-550kv conversion. Running a castle 100, (so I can fly 6s). Everything else is pretty much stock, except for the sound cards. I mostly fly 5s on this set up. I think it's a nice balance of power, without putting to much strain on the airframe. I do seem to chuck a 6s battery in at least once every time I go fly, and it's crazy fast compared to even 5s (my radar tests on 6s show aporox 116km/hr, but that's with the stock 4 blade), and on 6s I do worry a little about the spinner hub exploding as we pulling just over 9000rpm on 6s. But, so far, so good. I have run this setup since the vid above, December 2014 - and besides the usual retract issues and a couple of servos, they have been flawless.

I think cobra gets up over 130km/hr on this same set up, but he uses a two blade.
                              :)
                              [hr]
                              DD is a great choice mate. Here's my vid.

Gotta say, this is one of my favourite vids, and one of my favourite planes to fly. It's not the best handling or anything, but I just love how it looks it the sky.

Hope you enjoy this one buddy, might get you excited about the DD. ;)

Comment

Shirty, I have to say your humor is awesome brother :) Really enjoyed your vid, but how come the Aus was the higher score ? lol ....Pls post some more, we do enjoy them. The hobbyshop that I worked at and still help at occasionally is a FMS dealer. He has the Stuka waiting for me and is getting the 2 P-51's for me too. He is also checking on getting me the new P-40. So I am going to be rather busy before too long. The other FMS 1400mm warbirds I will get from MRC and Diamond. After talking with MRC and Jim at Diamond, I am going to stick with the stock prop and use the 650kv motor, Jim told me in our great conversation that he thought I would be impressed with it. I will eventually try a varioprop, but was advised to be very cautious because there had been issues with them coming off. It could of not been setup correctly too, now this was with the FMS warbirds. I do know that others have used them on different motors and had success.
                                I will eventually get a plain silver kit and build a Reno P-51 and set it up with the Varioprop and 6S, along with doing some airframe cf beefup. I have ripped off enough wings and tailfeathers in the pass to know what it takes. Come on yall post some pics and vids PLS ... DJ

Comment

G'day gang,
                                  I can only repeat shirty on the fact that we all wish that we had the service you blokes get from DH and MRC.
                                  I have not had problems with the LHS that I deal with but many have. It makes it hard to go back and support them when you send a mate to them and the shop does the wrong thing by them.
                                  I have had Jim send me parts to get me out of trouble and he has sent them FOC. That is customer service to someone who has not been a customer and due to the cost of shipping may never be. I just wish I could be.
                                  My hat goes off to Jim.
                                  I have made mention of this warning before, but with the blue wrapped six second sequencer [early V8] it is a good idea to cycle the landing gear a couple of times as the sequencer can and does get out of step with itself from time to time.
                                  I cycle the gear a couple of times before the first flight of the day and get a hang up every so often. Once the cycle goes through twice without mishap, it has never been a problem after that. [for the rest of that flying day].
                                  It had become part of my daily inspection routine now and comes after the range check that we all do before the first flight of the day........do we not? ;)
                                  Have a good day gentlemen.

Regards and respect
                                  Daryl

Comment

Lol daryl, I ummm, yeah....  I always do a range check...   :D

I'll tell you the truth. (And please, no one do this if you are new. Do what daryl says). Since having a couple of issues with spektrum gear when I first started out, (and knowing bugger all), I did some inet research and back then, as far as I could tell I thought futaba was the go for reliability. I bought a 8fgs super, it came with an 8 channel r6208sb receiver - and I've never looked back since. Every single plane or heli I own, has this receiver in it. Even the little practice 3D foamies...  

It's been I think 5 or 6 years since I got the futaba gear, and after the first day, I've never, ever, done a range check. I know, ALWAYS do one at the start of the day....  But I think the fact I've NEVER, EVER, lost a plane to loss of signal, might also have something to do with my laziness.....?  (At least that's my theory lol). ;)

Do a range check, it's not worth losing a bird over. :)
                                    [hr]
                                    Shirty, I have to say your humor is awesome brother :) Really enjoyed your vid, but how come the Aus was the higher score ? lol ....Pls post some more, we do enjoy them. The hobbyshop that I worked at and still help at occasionally is a FMS dealer. He has the Stuka waiting for me and is getting the 2 P-51's for me too. He is also checking on getting me the new P-40. So I am going to be rather busy before too long. The other FMS 1400mm warbirds I will get from MRC and Diamond. After talking with MRC and Jim at Diamond, I am going to stick with the stock prop and use the 650kv motor, Jim told me in our great conversation that he thought I would be impressed with it. I will eventually try a varioprop, but was advised to be very cautious because there had been issues with them coming off. It could of not been setup correctly too, now this was with the FMS warbirds. I do know that others have used them on different motors and had success.
                                    I will eventually get a plain silver kit and build a Reno P-51 and set it up with the Varioprop and 6S, along with doing some airframe cf beefup. I have ripped off enough wings and tailfeathers in the pass to know what it takes. Come on yall post some pics and vids PLS ... DJ
                                    Hey cheers mate. As we say down over under here, no worries! I've got a ton of vids, not all fms of course, but of course I'll share the fms ones on the thread and do what I can to help promote the place. Most of the guys who have posted here I know, and the fms flyers for the most part seem to be a really good bunch of blokes. Be good to have everyone over here, and again, I'll do what I can. I might post the occasional off topic one lol. ;)

I like the dudes at motion, and Jim for that matter at diamond, and as daryl said pity we can't give them our business, but they've won our respect with the way in which they clearly treat their customers. Both daryl and myself have seen waaaay too many good things written about their service, and their online presence to talk to occasionally is a great thing for us users to have. Trust me, this standard does not exist anywhere in Australia, that I know of. And certainly not for fms. Most Aussies buy their fms stuff from RC castle. It's true, our blokes really are that bad.... 6 month waits, no parts or stock is the norm. It's quicker, and easier and better service to boot, for most Aussies to buy from RC castle. Trust me, I know :( (And strangely, it's also cheaper!)

Anyway, I'll try to keep this short. Mate I apologise, no offence, but I don't recognise your handle from RCG till recent? I've been banned, I wouldn't know lol. Point being I'm not sure of your skill level or if these are your first warbirds, fms birds or what - (doesn't appear to be),  but if you need a few tips or questions answered please ask. daryls also a wealth on info on fms, and my go-to dude if I need some extra fms info.

On the ramosser - sorry I didn't say this before...   Stop. I don't think the way the motor mounts are in the fms birds, will handle this prop set up over time. The way the ramosser works you have a set of gears in the middle, (you put this together when you assemble the prop), and trust me for its size, it's heavy. You use a tool to insert and change the gears,and that changes the pitch. It's really meant to be mounted onto a balsa airframe, for the strength of the mount.

Best example I can give you is the 4258 in my fw190. As you might know, it's a much bigger, much heavier motor than the standard 580, and the way they mount the motor in my 190 was a small aluminium stand-off. With the mustangs, it's just the same size xmount holes really.the X mounts a little longer, but it's virtually a straight swap. But with the 190, the surface area of the stand off is too small to accomodate the bigger 4258-550kv, so... I used a product called "liquid steel", and I umm... I "glued" the 4258 to the ally mount.  :angel:

Trust me it's not going anywhere, but point being the plastic frame that holds the ally mounts and is fixed into the foam, does NOT like any knocks of any sort with the extra weight up front. Even a prop strike, bump in your car whatever. I'm constantly trying to fix it so the motor doesn't move around when it's going, but because I liquid steeled it I can't remove it, so i can't get in there and best I can do is keep adding epoxy. I'll expect it going to fail at some point.

Given the birds you intend to buy all have a plastic frame set into the foam holding the motor mount, I honestly think it's unlikely they will stand up to a ramosser over time, and if you bump it probably not. It's also expensive to replace the blades.

If you could reinforce the area beforehand, maybe. Just thought you should know before you spend the Bucks. Sorry I didn't think to mention it earlier.

The two mustangs and the p40 are great choices to start off with fms birds. I'm sure you will love em. Jims right. From what I've seen, the new 4258-650kv is a great 4s performer, and far better than the old 540 and 580's. I'd be very cautious of 5s on this motor though, cobra said his test showed over 110amps, (more than 6s with 4258-550), so you would need at least a 120 amp speedy to run this reliably.  But, from what I've seen, I think you'll really like the 650 on 4s anyway.  And there's plenty of ways to upgrade the performance of the stangs, if you need to. Ps, whilst I don't own it, I like the Stuka. Great looking warplane. Nice choice.

Hope it helps mate. :)
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Ps. Apparently it's not too bad a repaint in these (beyond my skill level), but Adam (starck mad), and Jeffs (jiggz) mustang b's are just a work of art. I drool every time I see them. I'm sure they will post some pics. :)

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am Airzipper. I did a motor swap on my Red Tail. Put the new 650kV motor in with an APC 14x12 2-blade. This thing is solid on 4S. I previously had an E-Flite P52 590kV, running on 4S, with the same 14x12x2, and is was flying well. Now it has very good speed, but better vertical performance. With a 4S 5000mAh 30C pack, I get 8 minutes of mixed flying, at mostly 60% throttle throughout the flight.

Regards,

Airzipper
                                        Regards,

Airzipper

Comment

Hey g'day zip, good to see you here mate. :)

I think the no bikini/suggestive nose art rule they are going to bring in at RCG is going to blow it for me there mate. Think I'll do most of my stuff here. Imagine a new, very popular plane comes out and the nose art is a girl in a bikini or deemed "suggestive" as they say. Most are based on true historical reference, and even the fms DD would break this standard. What's the thread gonna be like if you can never post a pic or a video about it? I like making RC vids, so I think all of my new vids I'll just post here. Not worth the ... I'll go through, just for posting something like the DD vid above. Sorry off topic post. I'll be mainly here zip I think. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X