Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally changed out my retracts to the Eflite. Work flawlessly. Added a sound system and put several flights on it, 2 thumbs up.

Comment

• Which Eflite retracts did you use? Any tips on installing them? I had my maiden flight yesterday. And, the landing killed these Dynam retracts. I'm happy with the plane overall. It looks and flies really nice.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Dynam_F6F_001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	228.0 KB ID:	208891

Edit: I found Atesvn's detailed post on the retracts and flap mods.

Comment

• I completed the retract replacement with the Eflites. I couldn't get the Dynam pins out with just pliers. I removed the struts from the plastic trunions and found that Dynam solders the back side of the pin. I had to grind a little material away to free the pin. I then knocked it out with a hammer and punch. Everything else was a cinch. They work so much better now. These Dynam wire struts sure do bend easily though. Is there a sprung strut that can replace these Dynams? Also, is there a prop that folks are upgrading to? She feels like she could use a little more thrust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
          I completed the retract replacement with the Eflites. I couldn't get the Dynam pins out with just pliers. I removed the struts from the plastic trunions and found that Dynam solders the back side of the pin. I had to grind a little material away to free the pin. I then knocked it out with a hammer and punch. Everything else was a cinch. They work so much better now. These Dynam wire struts sure do bend easily though. Is there a sprung strut that can replace these Dynams? Also, is there a prop that folks are upgrading to? She feels like she could use a little more thrust.
          Ya know this is one of my favorite planes hands down. This goes to show you, ya don't have to spend a fortune for a really cool plane. Yea the Landing gear mod cost you a bit. But ya know, General Hobbies has these things for 129.00 every now and then. General Hobbies not so good, "This is a Warning". But GH seems to do these pretty good.

But I have ordered a few of these and a few Dynam Corsair's. Another plane I have spent about 129.00. Beautiful Corsair, I have three of those too, LOL.

As for the power, I like the stock power just fine, it's pretty scale in my opinion. Trust me, I have very speedy planes. I just like the scale flight of these. Enjoy.

Woodcock

PS I have an acquaintance that has 4 or 5 Dynam planes with retracts. Most amazing thing. He has never had a retract failure, WITH THE STOCK RETRACTS. LOL I was watching him do touch an go's for about an hour yesterday. Gear down land, gear up fly the pattern. Gear down Land, take off gear up. Non stop. I just sat back drank my coffee. Frekin amazing. W

Comment

• Oh, I do love how the plane flies. I don't want a speed demon. But, it just seems to need a little more punch. My other warbirds fly at around half throttle. But, this one needs about three quarters.

Your acquaintance must land very lightly all the time.

Comment

• I used the Eflite Corsair retracts , they dropped right in. I still had to use the factory struts to get the correct length. They do bend a lilitt on hard landings. Ive heard that the FMS p40 struts work good as a replacement.

Comment

• I used the FMS P40B retracts on mine and also added some Hobbyking sourced sprung oleo struts. After that I 3D printed some 4° wedges and put them between the retract and the retract mount (to push the wheels forward when the gear is down). Best thing I ever did, plane has awesome landing gear now.

Power setup wise I used a turnigy SK3 740kv motor (they only do one)-it's rated 65a and 880W. I put a 13x8 MAS prop on (same as stock but smaller chord length),and a hobbywing 60a ESC. I had to use the dynam Geebee dome nut to hold the prop on the SK3 adapter. All of this is a direct bolt in fit with no mods required-when run up the plane pulls 800W-815W and 60-65a WOT Static (depending on esc timing setting). If you try to use the stock prop it pulls about 1300w (lots of heat) hence I went MAS prop the same size. Really nice power upgrade for anyone looking for a RELIABLE and proven setup that won't set fire to your plane. I had to learn the hard way when some dufus told me to stick the dynam beaver motor in "cause everyone does"...yea right-just about set my plane on fire it got so hot!

Heres a video of mine with the above mods:

Attached Files
                Last edited by Builda; Sep 1, 2019, 05:40 AM. Reason: corrected spelling, added ESC

Comment

• Hi guys. I've been looking for a plane a little smaller than my usual 1400-1500mm war birds. Something I can toss in the back seat and fly with little fuss. But, still large enough that I don't have to keep it really close in to see.

I've been looking at this plane as well as the Dynam F4F. I've had a few Dynam planes and I realize the electronics can be hit and miss, but generally the airframes are pretty good.

What is your consensus on this plane? Worth taking a chance on?

Anyone here have both the Hellcat and Corsair? If so, is one better than the other?

Thanks in Advance.

Jim

Comment

• I have both the Corsair and the Hellcat-the hellcat flies "scale" on stock power, nothing lightning fast,as far as general flying goes its a really good airframe, very lightly loaded so landings are pretty easy.

As for the corsair, I'm currently in the process of painting mine up as I didn't like all the very dark blue. I've not flown it yet but I'm told on good authority that all the dynam warbirds all fly very much alike (scale,light loading), they don't have a nasty stall characteristic, and are generally lightly loaded. I'll be able to tell you in a week how this flies as I've never flown a Corsair-I've always been told the Corsair flies differrent to other warbirds but I'm soon gonna find out myself. I have the same power upgrade here waiting to go in this plane if I keep it.sorry I can't be more help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I went ahead and ordered the Hellcat from Motion. Should be here early next week.

Comment

• The Hellcat flies great the only issue I had was the retracts. You apparently know about Dynam so no surprises there.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                          I went ahead and ordered the Hellcat from Motion. Should be here early next week.
                          I ended up with FMS P40B retracts and spring Oleo struts as I had the stock legs bend on a grass strip-was fine on seal or concrete, but forget it on grass-now I can land it just about anywhere. If you want a reliable power upgrade copy mine above, or talk to Kman on Rcgroups (he knows his stuff with this too).lot of idiots will say "put the Waco motor in it"....trust me, it will melt your motor mount in no time!!! She flies very scale stock so I anticipate you may want to give it an upgrade later on-maybe not, but I won't be supposed if you do. You won't regret buying the plane tho, awesome flier.

Comment

• Thanks to Motion's usual quick shipping, I have mine and have started the repaint. I had seen some horror stories regarding fit and finish on these, but mine seems pretty good. I'm am replacing the less than spectacular Dynam LEDs with some from Lighthouse LED and I'm adding a white tail light.

Has anyone here added a center line drop tank? If so, did you uses something already available or did you have to make it from scratch?

JB

Comment

• Hello, I inherited the Hellcat from a friend of the family that passed, he was very new flier and never complained about its performance.

I have flown it three times and have nicknamed it the "Heck Kitten" this thing is so slow it barley gets off the ground. I have checked the cg and its good, it has the current gen Motor and esc. and the correct prop, but I have to fly it at full throttle with a 4s 2200 to even get it to take of and fly the pattern.

Has anyone had this issue? Im willing to try a different combo in it.

Before getting this I purchased a new one and have callies graphics and dark blue paint ready to go together, but don't want to bother if its really this slow. For reference my freewing Ta152H1 flies circles around it at just above 1/3 throttle.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• Mine had a bum motor out of the box. Does the motor have a tick in it like a magnet rubbing? Also, what condition is the battery? new or old. I would suspect the battery first. Maybe a bad cell. Any diagnostic from the charger would be helpful if you have it. Also, Dynam electronics are notoriously bad. So try swapping an ESC with the Freewing you own as another option. See it that helps.
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• I have mine painted and together, just waiting on decals from Callie. I had to add an ounce to the nose to get it to balance with a 3600 4 cell all the way forward.

Hope to maiden next weekend.

JB

Comment

• Nicely done! Your exhaust looks excellent. What technique did you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                                      Nicely done! Your exhaust looks excellent. What technique did you use?
                                      Thanks. Airbrushed, first a medium gray then dark gray with a touch of rust mixed in.

Comment

• Cool. I will have to give that a try.

Comment

• I just joined this group. was wondering how fast the Dynam hellcat v2 1270mm is

Comment

Working...
                                          X