Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home improvement loan! :)

Comment

Quitcherbitchen, my friend, I thought of you when designing this bird. While a working bomb bay wasn't in the cards for a Dynam bomber at this price point, we did the next best thing: Leaving lots of open interior space where the bomb bay should be, and redistributing the fuselage load across the surrounding area with bulkheads so pilots won't have to heavily reinforce the spine after cutting up the belly. Simply cut out the doors, hinge the foam and actuate as you please, then load up!

The Marauder's slide-and-fold bay door design is more complex than, say, the B-17. But I plan on short cutting and using a simple B-17 style door configuration, anyway. Gets the job done. Two Adam bombs fit easily. Four if one gets creative.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Quitcherbitchen, my friend, I thought of you when designing this bird. While a working bomb bay wasn't in the cards for a Dynam bomber at this price point, we did the next best thing: Leaving lots of open interior space where the bomb bay should be, and redistributing the fuselage load across the surrounding area with bulkheads so pilots won't have to heavily reinforce the spine after cutting up the belly. Simply cut out the doors, hinge the foam and actuate as you please, then load up!

The Marauder's slide-and-fold bay door design is more complex than, say, the B-17. But I plan on short cutting and using a simple B-17 style door configuration, anyway. Gets the job done. Two Adam bombs fit easily. Four if one gets creative.
        Excellent, Alpha! This will help tremendously. I added a bomb bay to my B-17 using Quitcherbitchen's advice and design. Unfortunately when I took her down to Apollo 2 weeks ago to bomb with QB, I lost a prop bladeon takeoff and I had to crash land her. That ended my hopes of a bombing mission for that weekend! She is repaired and ready for bomb drops again. I look forward to getting the B-26s and adding bomb bays. I understand the B-26 bomber had dual bomb days too.

Thanks for spearheading this plane, Alpha. your efforts and deeply appreciated.

Bob

Comment

Thanks for considering all the necessary evils. LOL
          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I take the weekend off and away from the forums and I come back to this. Very cool plane, I'll be watching this one closely. I think my bank account hates me!

Comment

With the A-10, 1600mm Spitfire, B-26 and FMS 1700mm Tigercat I have started rearranging my hangar to make more room.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post

B-26
                Sorry. a Naval slip. Lol

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

You had me at the all shiny silver lovely looking plane, then I saw the legs ...It was like seeing Megan Fox with Fat Basstards legs lol
                  www.TSHobbies.com
                  Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                    You had me at the all shiny silver lovely looking plane, then I saw the legs ...It was like seeing Megan Fox with Fat Basstards legs lol
                    A nice set of Robart wheels all around will fix it up nicely, I'll probably fit a set of Freewing P-15 struts as well.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Prototypes always never look good until the final production comes out. Im sure the wheels and struts will be scale

Comment

My field in San Pedro needs a B-26

Comment

Hi Alpha. Since you say this project was brought out of mothballs can we assume that Dynam is going to continue to make new planes. Or are they just finishing this one with your help and that's it? I get the impression from you that they will be continuing to make planes.

Also. Is there any chance they will be upgrading their current offerings with the new retracts, LEDs, and props? The F4U and P-47 could sure use a scale 4 blade prop. But larger. Say 13 inch. And the current 3 blade could use a makeover for a more scale look. Dynam would sell a ton of these on the aftermarket.

Comment

REUNITED - P.O.W. & The Last B-26

This video is worth 10 minutes of your time to watch.

I'm not ashamed to say that this choked me up a little.

In this incredibly inspiring true story, you will hear Barney Wasowicz, a B26 Marauder pilot in WWII, honor his fellow Prisoners of War by sharing his story ...

Comment

Another video about the plane.

Flying the WW2 Martin B-26 Marauder - Full Documentary (720 HD)

Preflight preparations and procedures are explained with instructions on cockpit instruments and controls, engine startup, takeoff, maneuvering and on emerge...

Comment

Post number 48, need I say more. I believe that would make three for me.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  You know what you don't see modeled very often, since we're on the bomber suggestions topic now, is a B-26 Marauder. That plane was the quickest bomber we had out at the time and was quite the bird! The Maligned Madam or the Flying Prostitute as her wings we so short, she had no visible means of support.
                                  Truly a classic and would make a cool kit as well.

Grossman56
                                  Yep ;)
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I wonder if they could add an a26 nose with a turret shell cover and secondary placement option at the trailing edge of the main wing
                                    (just mean for an optional build componet so a person could have an either or option with the one plane) I ask cause I know freewing did a similar option with their Mosquito when it was available.

Comment

The struts are wrong. The tires are to large. The pilots are ridiculous. Could use more detail... Dont change a thing....unless you can keep it in the $199 ballpark. I love my freewing/flightline models(is my avanti here yet?)and the level of quality and detail that are their hallmark. However as a guy on the low side of middle class i am thankfull for a price point line like dynam. Now that alpha and mrc are involved the value only gets better. What was static styrene on my shelf as a kid, i now get to fly. Never thought i would have a flying mig 21, p38,f4u(baa-baa blacksheep everytime i fly it),mustang,190and now flackbait. What a great time to be in this hobby. And thank you motion for the choices. Tomcat is my all time favorite but its too much to risk. New hog same thing(almost pushed the button). Have to stick with my 64mm,If i tank it i can replace it.This martin beauty will be mine and if it meets an untimely end i can raid the piggy bank and replace it.
                                      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

I'm not sure your right about the struts....From my google search there are two types of main gear... One has straight legs and the other(this one) has a form of "dog leg" . I think they deliberately made them bigger for those who have to fly off grass... No big deal as there are many other wheel options out there.

Comment

I actually like wheels and struts as they are, function over form. The wheels look like they might smooth out a less than perfect landing and I agree that they will work much better on grass. I like everything I see about it. A well done, unique and affordable($200-$225ish) Martin B26.The pilots could be MUCH better but they are humorous enough I will keep them in it till the wintertime paint and detail sessions. I have wanted a bomber for some time but as iconic as a B17 or Lancaster is, "spirited" flying would just not look right to me. The equally iconic B25 wasn't represented in a price range I could afford (my jets get the largest part of my wallet). Almost got the dynam BF 110 but I'm just not a fan of the aesthetics of the airframe. Same for the mossie. This thing is exactly what I have been waiting for. Really looking fwd to seeing the od flackbait version .
                                          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Working...
                                          X