Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFIT rob, I couldn't agree with you more! Thank you MRC, it's a great time for us in the hobby! Now, if only they'd announce that 1600 OV-10 Bronco!:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
      The struts are wrong. The tires are to large. The pilots are ridiculous. Could use more detail... Dont change a thing....unless you can keep it in the $199 ballpark. I love my freewing/flightline models(is my avanti here yet?)and the level of quality and detail that are their hallmark. However as a guy on the low side of middle class i am thankfull for a price point line like dynam. Now that alpha and mrc are involved the value only gets better. What was static styrene on my shelf as a kid, i now get to fly. Never thought i would have a flying mig 21, p38,f4u(baa-baa blacksheep everytime i fly it),mustang,190and now flackbait. What a great time to be in this hobby. And thank you motion for the choices. Tomcat is my all time favorite but its too much to risk. New hog same thing(almost pushed the button). Have to stick with my 64mm,If i tank it i can replace it.This martin beauty will be mine and if it meets an untimely end i can raid the piggy bank and replace it.
      I'm with you. I buy Dynam for value. I'm not expecting perfection or anything close to it. Many of my earlier planes were Dynam and some of them still are and I enjoy them a lot. If the details were too good, the price point would be higher. May as well buy Flightline or even FMS (if I could justify the jump in price). With Dynam the way it is now, if I like it, I buy it. With the others, if I like it, I still hesitate - a lot.

Comment

I must confess that I am guilty of overlooking the Marauder. I'm a warplane nut but always gravitated to fighters and attack aircraft. I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't know the history of Flack Bait until I just googled it and read this article. Incredible. I think I have room for bomber.
        The conservation of a record-setting B-26 bomber will preserve every battle scar.

Comment

Yes, the story of Flak Bait, and really the Marauder in general, is a really inspiring read.

The two airplane's perspectives aren't the same, and I had to reverse the image so they're both facing the same direction, but in this image you can get a sense for a couple key things. First, the wheel height is in fact pretty accurate, not oversized. The giveaway is that the top of the main wheel is nearly in line with the bottom of the fuselage. To save cost, weight and complexity, we omitted gear doors, thus exposing more of the strut. Also, I opted not to forward rake the main struts. But the nose strut is raked forward, and the wheel is also accurately sized. The nice thing about the B-26 is it lent itself to a nice grass-capable tricycle gear foam electric RC bomber. Not much to change, really. Probably the most significant change from scale shapes is adjusted the AoA of the main wing, since we the scale prototype flew very poorly like that. Although that's probably something most wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't pointed it out.

Big wheels, comfortable wing loading, big battery size. All I wanted in a bomber at this price point. I admit I can't help but fly this one "non scale". More like a Mossie than a medium bomber! I know you will all have a field day with weathering and customization. As Mark mentioned above, we'll post complete information, including pro photos of both schemes, once we publish the product page next month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B-26 Side by Side.jpg
Views:	1017
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	73029

I'll see about painting the pilots the correct green for the final production, but cutting an entirely new mold was out of the question. They're not too far off in size, actually...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marauder cockpit.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	73030

So who's planning on modifying the nose position to fit a bombadier/gunner? Most of the foam behind that area can be removed with compromising the nose retract. Cut away, don't be shy. TiredIronGRB, I want to see an FPV gunner setup in there ;)

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

cool dynam and alpha nice bomber I wounder if I can add a bomb bay like I did on my fms b-25?? Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

So who's planning on modifying the nose position to fit a bombadier/gunner? Most of the foam behind that area can be removed with compromising the nose retract. Cut away, don't be shy. TiredIronGRB, I want to see an FPV gunner setup in there ;)

I'll defiantly put a spectator nose camera back in there...BTW, check your email ;)
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I'm planning on taking it one step further than that.

:)

Also, gonna have to rake the gear forward I think. It has to have that "leaning back" stance while on the ground or it just doesn't look quite right. Hopefully there will be enough room in the nacelle to rake the gear forward. and have clearance with those big wheels.

Can we get a picture of the green one?

Comment

Hey Rampage, welcome to Hobby Squawk! The greenie's molds for the gray underside are being completed soon, then we'll have the final photos. For now it's just all green like Flak Bait, matte finish though.

I like your idea with the cannon and .50s!

Comment

I like your idea with the cannon and .50s!
                    I wish I could find a bigger picture so I could see the nose art better. I'm trying to find more history on that plane but can't see the nose art well enough to identify her. I'm sure it was some unauthorized field mod or something, which just makes it all the cooler.

Comment

Rampage, I *believe* that's "Pistol Packin' Mama", the second XB-26E. They're 37mm cannon. Whatever they are, go for it!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pistol Packin Mama.jpg Views:	1 Size:	549.1 KB ID:	73041

Comment

Score!

Apparently they started doing this in the Aleutian Islands where B-26s were mostly used for torpedo bombing and masthead runs. So strafing was something that crews wanted to be able to do. A B-26 outfitted like this, flown by Captain John Pletcher, sank the Cheribon Maru on 26 November 1942. The 70th Bomb Squadron started using them in the Pacific in October '42.

Captain John Sharp of the 70th Bomg Squadron is credited with shooting down an H6K flying boat with a B-26B configured like this.

That's so awesome. :D

Comment

Rampage, I *believe* that's "Pistol Packin' Mama", the second XB-26E. They're 37mm cannon. Whatever they are, go for it!
                          Apparently the plane pictured is 42-43319. She was a B-26B-40MA, and was the first of 141 B-26B-40MAs to be converted to AT-23A target-towing planes. It's not hard to believe at all that they'd snatch her back and use her for experimental stuff.

Twin 37mm cannons. Good god, that's some firepower.

Edit:

Here's another field modified plane. B-26 #1558 of the 73rd BS at Adak in the Aleutian Islands. I believe this is John Pletcher's plane, the aircraft credited with sinking the Cheribon Maru.

I can't tell if the nose has been painted solid or not.

Comment

Hey, Alpha, just out of curiosity.

I noticed you said earlier the mold was being finalized for the grey bottom on the OD B-26s.

I always wondered. How are these foamies painted? Are they painted as part of the molding process or is each one hand-painted by someone?

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                              Two bits of good news here.... I can buy a new PC as planned and also I can buy my two new guns as planned my .308 and mod2 9mm! Then when she comes to motion, this one will be mine! I've been waiting so long for this!
                              Mod 2 is a cool gun. Heck, last I saw the XD Sub Compact prototype was at my moms house =)
                              MRC: Avanti S, F7F Tigercat. Eflite: Carbon Z Cub, A-10, P-47, Micro Radian. Flex Innovations: QQ300, Night Cessna 150, HK Night Walrus, Parkzone F-27 Stryker, Micro F-27 Stryker, Night Vapor, Micro Mosquito

Comment

Your guys would come out with a Marauder just as I finished a kit built from WOW planes. Mine is a 60"WS, foam, balsa sheeted and glassed. It'll be fun to compare ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Daggerdave View Post

Mod 2 is a cool gun. Heck, last I saw the XD Sub Compact prototype was at my moms house =)
                                  Absolutely! I have a full size cc XD .45 tactical. Don't know why they call it tactical, doesn't have anything special any other XD has. For what it is, great shooting sidearm, and the reliability I love front m XD

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                                    Your guys would come out with a Marauder just as I finished a kit built. Mine is a 60"WS, foam, balsa sheeted and glassed. It'll be fun to compare ships.
                                    WOW Planes?

Do you have a build log on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post
                                      Your guys would come out with a Marauder just as I finished a kit built. Mine is a 60"WS, foam, balsa sheeted and glassed. It'll be fun to compare ships.
                                      Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Brent!!!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by rampage View Post

WOW Planes?

Do you have a build log on it?
                                        No, but you can go to WOWplanes RCGroups thread.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Brent!!!

Bob
                                          Thanks, Bob. Adam just told me about the new Dynam B-26. Mines rebuilt and ready for takeoff. Pics to come.

Comment

Working...
                                          X