You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just saw the Phoenix models A26 in tower.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw the Phoenix models A26 in tower.

Well just flipped thought the new mag I got in the mail looks interesting, just a pretty penny, but it does come with air retracts and suspension struts. And has a 90.5" wing. Just thought that was pretty cool

Comment

Hey Rifleman i have 2 of there 1/8 scale spitfires and really like the Pheniox lineup of models. I find then to be pretty reasonably priced for a balsa arf. I to saw the new A26 Invader. Nice plane. Slap a couple nitro 55s in her and some servos and your ready to go. Kust hate having to clean the snot off the plane everytime you fly:Scared:.LOL
      Dewey l

Comment

I hate getting snot on my fingers........:Angry:LOL

Easy fix for that...........a couple 4250-580kV motors with the FMS F6F props ;)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I have built several Phoenix models (Ryan STA, Corsair, Mustang) all of them have flown fantastic and the Oracover job has been really good quality. Glad to see air retracts too. There is a 95% chance I will pull the trigger on this one...

Comment

Looks great! Im sure it would look better with those F6F props on it..the ones theyre using for glow look too small
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

I've got my eye on this plane, it might be a fun winter build.

Comment

I've built the Tucano, Decathlon and Giles. Phoenix planes are built like a brick sheet house. Old school in a way. Really solid.

The A-26 looks like a winner. I'd opt for a pair of power up 46's if they fit plus 60-80 amp esc's. Add sound system. VQ had a nice one. I think they discontinued it.

Hawk
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Yeah I knew about the vq, and I do have a v1 spitfire with a .46 in it. It hasn't flown since I got heavily back into electric planes. As stated the snot removal just takes so much when you can just pack an electric and head home. Plus no need for as much flight line equipment. Alot of advantages to electric. If I were to build this it would definitely have a couple power 46 or equivalent motors with 80A escs.

Comment

Is it just me or do the battery recommendations seem a little low, for a plane this size I would expect more than a pair of 4s 4500.

Comment

Originally posted by Trobinson99 View Post
                      Is it just me or do the battery recommendations seem a little low, for a plane this size I would expect more than a pair of 4s 4500.
                      Just you............LOLUsing those FMS motors I mention in post#4 and the 14" Hellcat props and those batts will get ya 5-6 easily ;)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Just you............LOLUsing those FMS motors I mention in post#4 and the 14" Hellcat props and those batts will get ya 5-6 easily ;)
                        The Hellcat props, isn't that model discontinued?

I suspect these might work. https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...00mm-propeller

Comment

Originally posted by Trobinson99 View Post

The Hellcat props, isn't that model discontinued?

I suspect these might work. https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...00mm-propeller
                          Yep, the 1400mm F6F was discontinued but identical parts are avail under different part numbers ;)
                          Yes those P-40B blades will work or these:
                          https://www.motionrc.com/products/14...p-47-propeller
                          You get an extra blade at the same price.
                          And this spinner is exactly what the Hellcat used.
                          https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...-v3-v4-spinner
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

I hear you about cleaning them, but its not as if it takes a whole day to do so. Besides, you get more flight time with nitro than electric.
                            Do understand, especially for the older crowd, who dont want too much hassle, while some want to jump into a atv, others like to ride in a golf kart.

On a side note, I got a electric truggy, and in no way the fun factor compares to nitro, the sound smell, realism does not match. Cannot deny it, there is tons of available power in brushless...

Comment

Well also a question of the $18 a gallon for glow fuel. That's the other down side for me. I know the gas engines have that knocked down to about $3 a gallon depending on pricing.

Comment

Being an electric flyer that started on the park flyers and is moving up in size, I have not had any experience with air powered retracts.

Is this something I should stick with, or start looking to covert to electric retracts?

Just wondering if people have an opinion

Comment

I started a new topic on the Phoenix A-26 in Misc. Airplane Chat on 6-27-17. No replies. I guess no one saw it. I have several Phoenix and Great planes ARF's. Very well designed and fun to build. The A-26 is a beauty! I think I would go ahead and put electric retracts in, if I were to put $800 into it, anyway. Doc

Comment

Is that suppose to be thread hacking?

Comment

Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                                      Is that suppose to be thread hacking?
                                      I wouldn't consider Docs thread a hack since it originated before this thread did.
                                      Unfortunately Rifleman most likely didn't do a search to see if there was already same/similar existing thread topic before he fired this one up on 7/3. ;)

No harm as long as stuff doesn't start to get cross posted which gets forums in disarray
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Ive not had any problems with air retracts. I use both straight air and air spring. To this date as long as i done propper maintenance to them ive never had a failure to deploy or retract. But i have had falures on electric die to very little binding as well as hard landings. I may have kust beem lucky but they seem to be very robust.:Cool:
                                        Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                        X