• Show
Clear All

Beautiful job! :Cool:

Comment

That thing looks sweet Michael.

Comment

Bronco looks great, Michael!

Comment

That looks great! Have you given any more thought about the landing gear? Do you think the FreeWing 90mm T-45 main gear would work? I ask because that's what I bought for my as yet not built :Straight-Face: Uravich 52" Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
            That looks great! Have you given any more thought about the landing gear? Do you think the FreeWing 90mm T-45 main gear would work? I ask because that's what I bought for my as yet not built :Straight-Face: Uravich 52" Bronco.
            You know Boots, I have given it some thought, and I have been hunting around, but the gear that I have on it, with the custom bent mains and the Intruder nose strut are working rather well. Of course the Bronco had a single nose wheel, on a trailing link, in a wishbone, so that is really the only thing I have been looking for. The problem is, the nose strut has to be pretty short to keep the mains at a decent length. I am looking at the Freewing F-5 main gear strut as a possible replacement, since it is a trailing link, and rather squat.

With this project being finished, it is time to move on to the next big thing, how about a nice 80 or 90mm F4D-1 Skyray!! Got the tracings done last night, HERE WE GO!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skyray I.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	94111

Name:	Skyray II.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	94112

Name:	Skyray III.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	94113

Name:	Skyray IV.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	94114

She will have a 43 inch wingspan and is 54.5 inches long. Not sure just yet whether I am going to build on a central vertical keel, or on a horizontal one, but for ease of installation of all of the electronics, I am leaning toward horizontal. Any way, I will work it all out, and will create a new thread for it in the EDF section, so be on the lookout for it!!

Comment

Hey Boots..........
              I've been looking at the FW Yak-130 gear system. It is about the closest your gonna find to emulating the bronco gear in an oleo configuration
              I even used the Yak's nose strut as a tail gear on my demised Seagull Skyraider.
              Here's some quick links to them.
              Nose:
              At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Mains:
              At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

OHHHH........and since FW has these, just a simple matter of pushing them over to the FL line and giving us a 1500 :ov10 :)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Ok Kloverzero, you have made an incredible OV-10 and are now undertaking another iconic all time favorite of mine and many! You work for MRC. I hope is not an indication, i.e. Insider knowledge, because you know these won't be models available from MRC?!?:Sick2:

Comment

Ok Kloverzero, you have made an incredible OV-10 and are now undertaking another iconic all time favorite of mine and many! You work for MRC. I hope is not an indication, i.e. Insider knowledge, because you know these won't be models available from MRC?!?:Sick2:
                  I KNOW.............I've been having the same dreadful thoughts :(
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Calm down out there boys. They keep us like mushrooms around here, in the dark and....well, you know the rest of itLOL

I am a busy body, I can not stand an empty workbench, and I have a TON of foam laying around. I try to pick planes that I like, and that I have plastic models for to aid in shaping and detail. I picked up an old Lindberg model of the F4D-1 at Ollies awhile back, and it just looks too cool not to attempt a model of!! Believe me, I would much rather have a store bought version of ANYTHING rather than scratch building it, but I have the ability and the material, so off I go...

Comment

Okay, it seems this plane just DOES NOT want a good video of it taken. I did the second flight today, put the MrRC Sound Aspire sound card in it, running two TT-25's and the sound live was absolutely incredible. The camera used for the video was loaned to my wife by the middle school for her to film their football games. Needless to say, some research on to how to make the thing work better is in order. She did not get the landing, but it was smooth as silk, and the plane is right as rain, ready for more sorties. I did do an aileron roll with it, and an Immelman, but they were during the attempts to zoom in, which completely blurred out. I will ltry again for some better footage next week, but this is what I have for now!!!!!

OV-10 second flight. Lowes Field, Conway SCIt seems this plane does not want good video of it taken. The sound recorded very low, so crank it up to hear the ...

Comment

So it's been a 9 month dry spell here Michael. I'm guessing that the promised follow-up video couldn't happen because Alpha snagged your model to take back to the FLRC factory to give the designers a jump start. LOL;)
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

The Bronco drum beat

Comment

PERFECT :Cool:
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

I never did get another video of it flying OV-10. I was flying it one day a few months back, and the entire front of the left nacelle from the TE of the wing forward disembaked the model in flight. I lost the retract and the motor. STILL managed to land it with a whacked out CG on two wheels beautifully. A true testament to the excellent flying qualities of the design. I have it back together, and took it to Nall, but the event was cancelled before I had a chance to fly it. I plan on taking it out this weekend, and I will get some video of it!!!

Comment

We look forward to the video Klover!
                                Still Learning:D

Comment

Been real quiet here Michael with no follow up vid
                                  :Thinking::ov10cause I live vicariously through you guys for the time being since the :Smoking::Bomb::Loser:of :p38p40:corsairand so on:(.
                                  Now I :Don't-tell-Anyone:if you tell me ya gave Alpha those proto drawings ;)that were promised to us on post #35 18 months ago :Devil:LOL
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

Well it appears that we have lost JetManMichael (Kloverzero) since he has not been on the Squawk for almost 15 months.
                                    Shortly after my prior post it became clear to me that there was not going to be any plans forthcoming from Michael as promised.
                                    Because of that realization I started down my own path of a Bronco foam build during Jan 2019.
                                    Got all the pieces cut out for my version and then got stalled because of the garage rebuild last year when warm weather arrived.
                                    So I got restarted on my foam project several weeks ago and will be putting up a build thread.
                                    Coming soon ….. OV10's version of a 72" OV-10A Bronco
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Ov I cant wait to see the build. I was wondefing if you may of built the Flitetest version of the OV10?
                                      Still Learning:D

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                        Ov I cant wait to see the build. I was wondefing if you may of built the Flitetest version of the OV10?
                                        No on the Flitetest……………..here's the build thread though for my 72" version
                                        Hello fellow Squawk pilots/builders/modders, About 15 months ago I started on this foam project but it then got sidelined after getting the majority of the pieces together because the infamous garage inferno rebuild took priority. About a month ago I got going again and so here it is so far. Each one of those airfoil
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          Well it appears that we have lost JetManMichael (Kloverzero) since he has not been on the Squawk for almost 15 months.
                                          Shortly after my prior post it became clear to me that there was not going to be any plans forthcoming from Michael as promised.
                                          Because of that realization I started down my own path of a Bronco foam build during Jan 2019.
                                          Got all the pieces cut out for my version and then got stalled because of the garage rebuild last year when warm weather arrived.
                                          So I got restarted on my foam project several weeks ago and will be putting up a build thread.
                                          Coming soon ….. OV10's version of a 72" OV-10A Bronco
                                          Hey OV. Man I am sorry about not getting those plans together. Like I said originally, I didn't actually draw plans. I drew the parts on poster board and just sort of "winged" it. I do everything like that. There is not a lot of actual "on paper" plans, just patterns. The Bronco is not a very difficult plane to model. It is basically all box construction with a straight semi symmetrical airfoil on the wing. I wish you all the best with your foray into the design and construction. As for not being on here in so long, I am not a big fan of forums. We were required to post when I was with Motion, so I did. I still pop in from time to time though!! All the best to all of you guys!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X