X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battleship View Post
    Oh ok the more grams does that mean I have to put for batteries inside my fletcher class destroyer battle ship I usually just run two batteries I only have 6 3000 mah batteries so do I need to buy more 3000 mah batteries respectfully asking sir and mam
    My weight included the batteries.

Comment

Ok cool. Understood

Comment

All - I noticed some of you are having ESC problems or problems with hot ESC or motors. After testing some of our test boats, we found the problem is absolutely not ESC or motor related. Rather, we found the red grease used on the prop shaft(s) is too heavy and will cause the motors to work too hard. We removed the red grease from the shafts on our test boats and replaced it with petroleum jelly. We ran an amp test before and after we replaced the grease and found the amp draw went down by 80% and the boat speed was now 4X faster with a cool ESC and cool motors. If any of you are feeling a hot motor or ESC, please replace the red grease on the prop shaft with petroleum jelly. If you need help, please call or email our support. Credit to Derek in Motion RC support for figuring this out.

Comment

Thanks for the info Tom and BZ to Derek good find. I'm adding it to my to do list for my Fletcher and going to take a peek at my Yamato's tubes as well before I put her in water.

Comment

respectfully asking sir and mam I have been trying to find out where I can purchase fletcher class destroyer battle ship crewmen 1:72 scale figureenes I ave searched all over the internet but found no cigar hi hi It would complete the rest of the finishing touches on my fletcher class destroyer battle ship respectfully asking sir and mam andrew

Comment

Check these out.

Check out 1/72 USN PT Crew Set 204 by HOLDEN8702ND on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in Figurines.

Comment

Nice find. That guy can even resize them. I wish there was some decent Japanese Navy crew. The only one I can find is super small scale.
                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  All - I noticed some of you are having ESC problems or problems with hot ESC or motors. After testing some of our test boats, we found the problem is absolutely not ESC or motor related. Rather, we found the red grease used on the prop shaft(s) is too heavy and will cause the motors to work too hard. We removed the red grease from the shafts on our test boats and replaced it with petroleum jelly. We ran an amp test before and after we replaced the grease and found the amp draw went down by 80% and the boat speed was now 4X faster with a cool ESC and cool motors. If any of you are feeling a hot motor or ESC, please replace the red grease on the prop shaft with petroleum jelly. If you need help, please call or email our support. Credit to Derek in Motion RC support for figuring this out.
                  Did the model you tested have air cooled ESCs, or did it have the incorrect boat type ESCs that are supposed to be water cooled?

Comment

Hi tab sir battle ship here sir respectfully saying sir that u need a cooling fan that run on 1.5 volts just respectfully saying sir

Comment

Mr tab sir mount the cooling fan over the esc and screw it in place over the esc

Comment

Originally posted by Battleship View Post
                        Mr tab sir mount the cooling fan over the esc and screw it in place over the esc
                        Adding a cooling fan was an option that I suggested some time back in some of these discussions, but a number of people felt customers should not have to buy their own cooling fans to correct a production error. Not as workable a suggestion when the original ESCs turned out to be marine units that required water cooling.

After MRC reported the sticky red grease issue, I wanted to find out if that solved the issue with the water cooled ESC not being water cooled, or not. I am thinking it did not.

Sounds like the models need both the sticky congealed red grease removed and a suitable air cooled ECS as a replacement from Motion, and people are reporting getting the replacement ESCs, so that is a good thing.

Still planning on being a customer for one of these fairly soon.

Comment

Ok

Comment

My ESC as received is air cooled.

Comment

Respectfully asking sir and mam dose anyone need a motor drive line shaft coupler for the Atlantic harbor tug boat cause I found the part in the uk just respectfully saying sir and mam

Comment

Awesome jet dude

Comment

Respectfully saying sir and mam I’m not going to buy from syndey Australia cause of the shipping charges so I’m gonna buy the drive line coupler here in the USA I asked them to call me but they haven’t called me back yet just respectfully saying sir and mam

Comment

Respectfully saying sir and mam I thinks that I might have to build a metal hull that fits over the hull of my fletcher class destroyer battle ship and then Have the metal hull be able to slip on and off the hull of metal over the fletcher class destroyer battle ship would probably protect the fiberglass hull of my fletcher class destroyer battle ship, that’s if I’m thinking it through correctly. I have. Seen. Some videos of rc boats actually be ran in a real ocean on YouTube but not sure if it’s a real ocean but what kind of metal hull metal type can I use just they say salt water just eats away at. The fiberglass hull wondering bye for now

Comment

Ok so been looking at the Metal hard case for the Fletcher and the Yamato since I will be moving and things are going to have to be boxed up for it. Do they come with foam inserts or would I have to get foam for them and cut it to shape myself.

Comment

USS JOHNSTON was found at 3530 fathoms (21180ft) currently the deepest wreck dove on. And for those who have read about Taffy 3 in the battle of Samar know that probably a 1/4th of the world's Brass supply has been discovered.
                                        Pics I've seen show her in pretty rough shape but considering she was in a shootout with a Battleship.
                                        May her crew rest in peace.

Comment

• I'll have to take a look for those pics! A couple of books I read this past winter dealt with Leyte Gulf. One survivor describe the effect of a hit from Yamato's 18'' shells as being "like hitting a puppy with a truck". Amazing courage & tenacity on the part of her crew!

Comment

Working...
                                          X