X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval ship director governed by compass with 4 turrets

Yeah not retrofitting... But I did by a Deans Marine Narvick from Harbor Models. And am now trying to learn to code an Arduino. Got a stepper moving.

Comment

• Shapeways is a good but there website is very difficult to understand when bout purchasing

Comment

• I have made some new changes to my fletcher class destroyer caddy I haven’t been able to make my mind. Up bout me driving so that’s why I made the caddy for my fletcher class destroyer battle ship and to carry my charger and my external field battery and my 3000 mah battery’s And my onxy 200 charger

Comment

• I have checked motionrc.com and they haven’t gotten the spare static positional gun turret out yet I’m still waiting for the spare positional static gun turrets t be available for the fletcher class destroyer battleship

Comment

• Say Bancroft boats when are u going to get the static positional gun turrets out for the fletcher class destroyer battle ship 1:72 scale just wondering

Comment

• When is the Destroyer going to be back in stock??

Paul

Comment

• Some updates I made to my caddy
                Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	84240437-8946-4950-8D2D-4B5355ED7769.jpeg
Views:	417
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	315433Click image for larger version

Name:	84240437-8946-4950-8D2D-4B5355ED7769.jpeg
Views:	582
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	315428
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Any word on ETA for the warships?

Comment

• Not that I know of I still check out motionrc . Com but they haven’t posted anything yet on when stuff is going to be back in stock a lot of spare parts for any rc boat is disappearing like hot fletcher class destroyer battle ship pancakes on the breakfast table ttyl

Comment

• Paulh
                        Nothing since Tom's post in April over in the updates thread. And that sounded like KY (Bancrofts origin outta China) were having trouble with the ESC's and a few other items. Additionally things wont even hit this side of thee Pacific until 2 months after they drop them in shipping. Good news is he was saying they'd also ordered more of everything else too.
                        If the issue is the electronics my thought would be ask for em as ART (almost ready to run no ESC maybe even no motor or servo just the mounts) but I don't know what the challenges with that would end up being. And for all I know it could actually push things back more (I've seen it happen supply is a scary thing in the military)

Battleship
                        you can also try here for that gun mount
                        https://www.model-monkey.com/product...le-mount-early
                        https://www.model-monkey.com/product...le-mount-early
                        looks like you need a single Knuckle (no little gun shield on top) for that position. There are also the late war versions of the mounts but what came with the ship was early (difference is small details really and they are the same price $55 each) They are a touch expensive but look sharp with a barrel designed to be elevated so you'd need to do a gun bag on it so it'd fit with the rest.. . As is I think they are not taking new orders until after June 12. I have to admit to not ordering from them yet but what I have seen on them they are pretty reputable. This might work unless you still got the barrel then I'd say just center drill put a toothpick in and epoxy just go slow with the drill and be gentle-ish so as not to melt out the side or break things worse. And from the look of their other products that one turret's gonna look so good it'll stick out worse than if you fashion a new barrel out of resin/plastic and glue that in place once again center drill and either toothpick or small metal rod (like a welding rod or such) to give it a bit of stability. Depending on how do it you can use one of the other turrets to make a mold of the barrel and use that to replace the broken one. Little Paint and then call any mismatch weathering and character. Your Fletcher has certainly seemed to have earned her share of battle scars and personally I think she looks better with em.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5386.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	315631Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5382.JPG
ID:	315630Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5389.JPG
ID:	315629Click image for larger version  Name:	image_72406.jpg Views:	4 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	315618 I had my Aquacraft (same as the Bancroft) out last weekend for a cruise. It just runs SO nicely.

Comment

• Hello Paul not sure when bancroft boats is going to release all the new and semi new rc boats but every once in a while just check out bancroft boats

Comment

• Hey thanks two dawgs I thank you for the information on the static positional gun turrets the only thing is that I not sure where I’m going to be able to buy a desk top plastic injection molder Online the only one that I found was really big too big for my place of living so I have kinda given up on it but anyways I’m not going to be buying anymore rc boats for a long time but I’ll still read all the posts on hobby squwak ttyl to all members of hobby squwak

Comment

• Say Paul would it be. Better to build the positional static gun turrets out of metal kits?

Comment

• Battleship I wasn't thinking injection molding so much as (had to look up the right term) Casting
                                  something more along this lines.
                                  How To Build A Vacuum Chamber - The King of Randomhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERRMoHfrjAIHow To Make A Vacuum Chamber - Machine Righthttps://www.youtube....

for a barrel you could probably use clay for the mold and epoxy or resin for the part.
                                  Much cheaper and might take a few tries but for that level of a project more than good enough. This guy is going further into the task than I was thinking but same general idea.
                                  In my case I'd remove the barrel and gunbag then recast the whole thing and install the new part into the gun shield rather than doing the whole thing.
                                  Use another turret for the barrel (no disassembly just poke it in) pack more clay until just beyond break point.
                                  use gunbag and barrel piece from broken mount (after removal) put piece in place and complete mold then remove and fill with either epoxy or resin (might need to make a simple vacuum chamber but a bit of effort with a shop vac and duck tape and you can probably rig one up that does a good enough for one or two part run (wouldn't want it to be a long term solution but if I'm doing a one or two and done no point in wasting the money) if your go slow and don't mind back filling a bubble or two you could probably skip the vacuum chamber entirely.

Comment

• Respectfully saying that I also want to see greyhound movie but not sure what movie theater has it

Comment

• Originally posted by Battleship View Post
                                      Hey thanks two dawgs I thank you for the information on the static positional gun turrets the only thing is that I not sure where I’m going to be able to buy a desk top plastic injection molder Online the only one that I found was really big too big for my place of living so I have kinda given up on it but anyways I’m not going to be buying anymore rc boats for a long time but I’ll still read all the posts on hobby squwak ttyl to all members of hobby squwak
                                      And thank you Paul I appreciate it I’ll have to call the website in less they only do email

Comment

• I just love to spend money but respectfully saying for me I really need to get a grip on my finances but I still like to spend like a millionaire but don’t have the fund to back me up

Comment

• Respectfully asking sir and mam do I have to order the original positional static gun turrets or can I use a different positional static gun turret in stead of trying to buy the original positional gun turret that came with my fletcher class destroyer battle ship ? mr Twodawgs sir I checked out the two or three links u sent me I found out that China where Bancroft boats was made that they were in the rainy season and hurricane season also the cargo ship that was carting the new rc battleship s aircraft carrier and all the rc components, the cargo ship capsized and Paul u were correct On your last post

Comment

Working...
                                          X