Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleship in all honesty you could throw an entirely different turret in there if you wanted all 5 on this model are interchangeable.
    Here are a few Ideas from fairly simple to Major overhaul on what you could do include
    1 remove a foward turret and set up a GoPro Camera to get some first person views of your cruises (use a small mount to anchor it in the turret mounts hole)

2 you could probably take the turret you have in Nr 3 position (middle gun) move it to the broken spot and set up a small platform with a couple of AA mounts on it. You might be able to find some that fit size wise at your local model ship. Or simply fashion some out of balsa a few bits of wire and some small dowels. In WWII there was more than one ship that spent some time in odd configurations due to damage, upgrades, and/or testing. Frankly being that there is no hull number and as long as you are not a hardcore purist demanding she be exactly by historical fact in all details the best part on that is you can make up your own story about why and how she ended up like that.

3 With a little work and imagination you could probably even kit her out as a float plane tender. (DD 479 Stevens, DD 480 Halford, and DD 477 Pringle were actually kitted out before before the idea was scrapped and they were retrofitted found only a few full pics of the ships there were more but these get the point out.)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	stevens.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	315994
    Click image for larger version  Name:	external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.9 KB ID:	315992Click image for larger version  Name:	odd40.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.6 KB ID:	315993

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/20...n-the-pacific/

looks like a remove hut on aft superstructure some skewer sticks and Popsicle sticks assembled into something resembling a catapult find the right sea-plane model (OS2N Kingfisher float airplane but any float plane that fit could work in all honesty or just sail her without a plane found a pic of Halford with no plane on deck) and you'd have a couple of weeks of fun assembling a version of this ship that would be pretty unique among any of the others on the water. Do it right an she shouldn't even take much to put back. Use the same base as Nr 3 mount. Use some care when removing the aft torpedo launcher and Doghouse so you don't destroy them or the deck under them and you should even be able to pick the version you put on the water each time. Like I said before don't worry too much about paint matching they used whatever was on hand at the time.

Some of the most interesting models I've seen were actually where someone took something fictional and put one together that moved. If your a fan of Star Trek I've seen submarine versions of the Enterprise and for Star Wars a few flying X-wings and Tie Fighters. Another cool one was a Spaceship Yamamoto from a Japanese TV show. So in the end you could put anything you want into that position up to and including a teddy bear. So the only limits on what you can do to her is your imagination and what the hull can carry on the water (wouldn't suggest anything too heavy or she could get real tippy)

It is all how much time and effort do you want to put into her. And how much fun you have doing so. Frankly I only did what I did to my Fletcher because I had a blast doing it and love seeing her on the water in the Measure 32.

Comment

• Thank you twodawgs and Paul for the info on the positional gun turrets static gun turrets I’ll order the postional static gun turrets from the website that u recommend Whatcha will end my want quest for a positional static gun turret I think that you’re say it doesn’t have to be the original static positional gun turret it just has to be a positional static gun turret that is different but thanks for the info I appreciate it ttyl

Comment

• Respectfully saying sir two dawgs and sir Paul I have done a over haul on my Atlantic harbor tug boat , the the upgrade and overhaul on my Atlantic harbor tug boat actually put me in debt but I chose to do that but I thank you

Comment

• I hope someday I’ll be able to see greyhound the movie with tomhanks in theaters

Comment

• Respectfully saying thanks twodawgs for the information about putting the ballest in the front of my my fletcher class destroyer battle ship I must have dun forgot but who ever said my battleship has earned it share of battle scars your absolutely correct that time I was running my fletcher class destroyer battle ship but my transmitter was on channel number 1 which was for the tugboat and I forgot two switch from channel on to channel 2 which my fletcher class destroyer battle ship was on but I love the joke quotation I guess I’ll have to buy any static gun turret I feel that when I run my fletcher class destroyer battle ship it has no sailors on it it’s like. I dun went back in time and shrunk the real fletcher class destroyer battle ship down to a 1:72 from the actual real battle ship with rick moranis shrink machine from honey I shrunk the kids but that just a joke but anyways I sure had me laughing my ass off oh and I like the tooth pick idea but I thinks I lost the original original barrel to. The gun turret but I’ll buy another one that’s similar to the original one but slightly different than the original one ttyl for now

Comment

• I just picked up a Bancroft 1/72 Fletcher by chance at Motionrc.eu. It was more expensive that motionrc would charge here but mostly shipping and taxes. I took the plunge so to speak as I wanted one of these for years. I’m not sure these will ever be back in stock here .
              also picked up a Deans Marine 1/72 LSM.

Comment

• I finally got the ballest corrected but now I’m going to have to work on my gimbal stick movements so anyways ttyl for now

Comment

• Any idea when this will be back in stock ?

Comment

• Calling all hobby squak I just got done chatting with motion rc and there actually aight now for filling out the orders for anyone that’s ordered a rc boat battleship etc so it might take some time but the order s are getting filled and getting ready to ship them out not sure when they will actually arrive im stil patiently waiting for when they put more static parts on there website

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• This pic is a temporary work bench for aight now above

Comment

• Comment

• This is the new addition to my fletcher class destroyer battle ship
                              Attached Files

Comment

• New addition to my fletcher class destroyer battle ship I purschased the figurenes from www.Etsy.com just type in world war 2 1:72 scale navy sailors figurenes that’s where I got my figurenes from
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Should I attempt to repaint my fletcher class destroyer battle ship?

Comment

• is any one havin trouble findin servo parts for rc theres a web site www. racedayquads.com 1.3mm 1.8mm and 2.1 mm hope this helps yur rc neeeds
                                    sincerly battleship

Comment

• aight now my fletcher is in drydock slash repair doc

Comment

• Hello sirs and mams I just got done replacing the servo and the servo push rod linkage so my fletcher class should be ready to set sale out of the dry doc hospital repair bay dry doc hospital but can’t wait to get back to the pond and run to break in my new servo

Comment

• The Fletcher is back in stock.
                                          https://www.motionrc.com/products/ba...tr-bnc1003-003

Comment

Working...
                                          X