Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wonder if the 2 cell 7000 mAh LiOn battery designed for the tanks will work in the PT Boat.

Comment

Hello everyone. New here. Was wondering how this new Bancroft PT-596 compares to the Vietnam era RC RTR Alpha patrol boat with jet propulsion?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulh View Post
        Hello everyone. New here. Was wondering how this new Bancroft PT-596 compares to the Vietnam era RC RTR Alpha patrol boat with jet propulsion?

Thank you.
        PH, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, glad you're on board, so to speak. Don't know yet. This category is new to MotionRC and will be coming soon, so I understand. There might be someone here that has had one or has access to one that could answer your question. We are all looking forward to these ships and boats, believe me. .
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

After looking at the pictures of the real PT 596 it appears the color scheme provide on the model is inaccurate because one of the black and white pictures show the boat in a camo color scheme. After some research and chatting with members of the PT Boats FaceBook page I was provided a diagram for painting. However, the painting info on the diagram was confusing. More research followed and I found a web site with color hues along with the nomenclature. With this information members here should be able to update their PT boat to correct camo colors.

Here is the link the web page....

World War 2 Elco 103 class Patrol Torpedo boat construction reference

Comment

I grew up at the Annapolis Yacht Yard where so many of these , mostly Vosper 71 MTB's were built, including PT-694, which was the boat used in "McCales Navy" TV show! Sadly it's a restaurant now, but it's a great seafood restaurant, The Chart House! But, if you're ever in Annapolis, Maryland go to Mike's Crab house in Edgewater for crab cakes and soft-shell sandwiches!!!! Thanks MotionRC, this is another boat I will buy, and I live in the Sonoran Desert now! Lol!

https://usautoindustryworldwartwo.co...in%20existence.

Comment

Received an email today from Motion. The PT Boats have arrived. Order placed. Can't wait to get my hands on it and start making torpedo runs on those pesky geese and row boaters.

Comment

Just received my boat, looks good overall, very sparse on any instructions. All the guns 20mm,37mm and 40mm have warped barrels, but can be straightened with a little heat.
                Fiberglass hull is very nice, equipment installation is very neat, wiring seems well thought out. Looks to be pretty accurate, I'll be using the building, detailing and converting book for the 1/35th scale italieri PT-596 for any additional detailing. Would like to hear from others who made this purchase. I see motion RC is sold out of the PT.

Comment

RSRN Welcome to Hobby Squawk! I appreciate your purchase and feedback, thank you! Yes indeed, this model sold out in less than two days... much more popular than we had ever anticipated, but it was a nice surprise and we're certainly producing more as quickly as possible.

Please post photos of your "additional detailing" plans. For models like this, I agree that they're an ideal size for having sufficient detail out-of-the-box, while also giving detailers a good canvas upon which to further "scale out" their boat. If there are any specific structures you want, such as stowage, additional armaments, etc, please post reference photos here with measurements, then perhaps myself or one of the other Hobby Squawk members can draft a 3D Printable file for that part.

Regarding the barrels, thanks for pointing that out. This boat's details are a lot like a plastic model kits in a way, rather than generalize structures that we depict on, say, a Freewing jet. It sounds like you're more than up to the task, but just for the record for others who may be reading this, here is the text in the product page, under the yellow "Important Information" field:

Important Information - Please Read
                  Bancroft model boats are molded and hand finished using very intricate details and parts including metal, wood, plastic, and fiberglass. Because of their hand made nature, minor imperfections in the fiberglass, metalwork, or painting may exist. These potential imperfections will not affect the seaworthiness of the vessel or the overall scale boating experience. Bancroft scale RC boats are fragile so care should be taken when moving or transporting your model.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Good morning Alpha,
                    I am very happy with the boat and read the yellow disclaimer, The boat out of the box is a very fine modelin it own right. As you said it does, due to its size and quality allow for some additions in detail if you so desire, Will run the boat as is and look at detailing projects down the road . Glad to have this site to talk with other about this great model.

Comment

Comment

PTCC, I plan on repainting mine to a more scale appearance. Just wondering can you take a guess on how hard it will be to remove the decals.

Comment

wonder when the next batch will arrive.

Comment

pdansalvish-I am going to try something tonight to see if I can get the decals off easily without sanding them off. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

PTCC66,

Thanks, my repaint is going to occur in Nov/Dec. I only have one more month of boating weather left in MD. So, I plan to run as much as possible. I have some geese that need to be torperdo'ed.

Comment

-pdansalvish-used this on the hull decal/tampo. Good news and bad news .It will take off the number with a little effort but if you work on it long enough it will start to mar the green finish below not badly but it is visible. If the area is going to be painted over I don’t think it would be a problem. That’s how I’m gonna do it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Maybe try wet sanding with 600 grit.

Comment

patmat2350-That would definitely remove the numbers but will probably cause the hull surface to be affected a little.In my case I’m probably going to paint the entire hull at this point so it won’t matter.They should give people an option an not apply the numbers at the factory and supply a decal sheet with smaller numbers.Still a really nice model.

Comment

I also model railroading. The trick I learned from the hobby was to use isopropyl alcohol. But we immersed the models in it. Little hard to immerse this one. But, maybe after a good soaking it will work too. Never seen that testers product. Will have to look for it the next time I go to the hobby shop. Thanks for the help guys....

Comment

I was very happy to see the battery that came with my PT Boat was a lipo. I was concerned it might have been a Li-ion.

Comment

Hi all. Just got back from running my PT for the first time.
                                          Looks great on the water. Unfortunately it looks like the ESC failed after 4:00 minutes of running,
                                          The battery was fresh. The motors were not hot. All internal connections look OK.
                                          Good thing I had the trusty fishing pole along.
                                          I just got off the phone with Motion and they are sending out a replacement.

Great looking boat on the water.

One thing of note is the lack of access to the rudder linkages.
                                          You can access the servo but not the linkage that connects the three rudders.
                                          It will be a real trick to get back in there if necessary.

I seem to be missing a straight whip antenna that is supposed to be on the left side of the cockpit.
                                          and yes the droopy gun barrels.

I am looking forward to getting a crew on it and I find the camo paint scheme interesting.

Rascal76

Comment

Working...
                                          X