Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pulled the speed control out of the PT to get a look at it.
    Looking at the jumpers it looks like they are in the wrong positions! (At least to me!)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PT ESC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	276054
    The top jumper is set to the right. The diagram shows that it should be the left for LiPo batteries.
    I am correct on that?
    The bottom one is to the right in the "RC" position.
    The left position is for "ESC"
    I'm not sure which is correct for the bottom one.
    If I was setting this up from scratch I would have picked the ESC position.

Can someone check this for me?

Thanks

Rascal76
    Attached Files

Comment

I am missing the straight whip antenna as well.

Comment

I'm also missing the whip antenna. Also is there any point to a motor run in session.

Comment

#2 picture hanging wire works pretty good for a temporary whip antenna. I had some in my junk drawer.

Comment

I had to do some gun repair and straightening with blow dryer. Picture wire for antenna.

Comment

Does anyone know what type of grease is in the prop tubes? Its this purple stuff and there's a lot of in in there.

Comment

Hey Rascal. Ever get an answer on that speed control? Do I need to pull that thing out before running this rig?

Comment

I have talked with Motion. They don't have the manual for this speed control. I was told to set it to LiPo but I have no input on that as the ESC was already damaged.
                  We are running LiPos, I have to believe that the jumper should be set to LiPo.
                  The other one is still a mystery to me. I can say that except for the speed control frying out the boat controlled property while it ran.

Alpha are you out there. Any input on this one?

All that being said I would advise all of you to pull out the ECS and check and report the way yours is set up out of the box.
                  The ESC is held in with a wire tie and Velcro. Just cut the wire tie and pull it out. the Velcro is plenty to hold it in there.

Comment

Good afternoon Rascal,
                    Just checked my boat and the ESC is in the position you noted,appearing in the nicad position. How do you actually change the position, how do you move the jumper. Also do I need to notify the company of this for warranty or the like. Thanks very much for your advice

Michael

Comment

I also checked the ESC and it set the same way. It seems to me they are set opposite of what they should be. I am new to the RC so don't really know.

The jumpers pull straight off the pins.

How long does it normally take for the battery to charge? Been plugged in for an hour and both red lights are still on.

Comment

Thanks Paulh,
                        Switched my ESC over and ran just fine, hopefully avoided some problems. Also thanks for the jumper insight. The battery took close to 3 hrs to charge for me on the initial charge.

Comment

Your welcome. Unfortunately, I had the same luck as Rascal. Ran for about 30 seconds and motors stopped working. Rudders still worked. Had to go get it with the kayak.
                          Will request new ESC from Motion. Looked great on the water though. lol

Comment

If I'm seeing things right from looking at pics of the boat hull, there's 3 motors running off 1 esc, and the water jacket for cooling the esc isn't being used, as I don't see water pickup or exit holes in the hull. No wonder the esc's are burning up.

Comment

Not sure. I don't think mine ran long enough to heat up ESC. Can someone please take a picture of the receiver with how the wires are plugged in?
                              I just want t6o make sure mine is the same.

Comment

Hi Paul. Here's a look at the receiver.

Comment

Hello all,

This type of electronics issues should not be a problem in a 600 dollar boat. But poor quality electronics seem to be the default pattern in RTF/RTR packages from China. Motion RC please look at these reported problems and pass it to Ky Model management. I really love the new line of ships MRC has brought to us but I am disappointed to see reported electronic issues in this boat and the Landing Craft already. I am maiden the Yamato today and will do a full report. Dai

Comment

Hi Dai. In this case it doesn't seem to be an actual problem with the components. This is an assembly problem. The jumpers on the ESC were not set correctly. The instruction sheets for all the components should always be included with the unit.
                                    Normally I always completely disassemble systems like this before the first run. I didn't do it this time. If I had I would have caught this one!

Good luck with the Yamato! Please check the ESC to see if it has the same issue that we had.

Comment

About the only thing the jumper is doing is setting up an LVC for the lipo.

Comment

Originally posted by southernmd_man View Post
                                        About the only thing the jumper is doing is setting up an LVC for the lipo.
                                        So that is the quality of the components then. Dai

Comment

LCV ? What does that control?

Comment

Working...
                                          X