Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Friends old and new,
    As many of you who have been Motion RC customers for years already know, our team welcomes feedback of all kinds, and we expeditiously relay all officially recorded feedback to our factory partners for warranty claims, new ideas, and product improvements. For customers with issues, concerns, or questions of any kind, our CS Team is available to serve you by phone Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm CST, and by email and live chat during that time. As with any product purchased from Motion RC, we stand behind our Bancroft products just as strenuously as we do our other top brands including Freewing, Benchcraft, Nexa, and FlightLine. So far, I am aware of a small number of customers, around five, who have contacted the team and are now awaiting replacement components for issues related to their Bancroft boats. To anyone reading this who has not yet contact the Motion RC Customer Support team, please do so. They will be more than happy to serve you!

While online forums are a great platform for us all to engage in diverse, unhindered discussion with a global RC community, may I please remind us all that online forums are not official channels to contact Motion RC Customer Support. If you have any feedback, good or bad (but especially bad!), I strongly encourage you to please contact the official support team through official means so they can service your purchase and record the issue for feedback to our factory partners.

In the USA:
    224-633-9090
    8am-6pm CST

In the EU:
    +31-30-8080557
    9am-5pm CET

Aside from the testing we conduct alongside the factory's own, we always welcome the individual experiences of each of our customer family around the world. The more information, the better. Where things are great, it is nice to hear it. Where things aren't great, it is essential to hear from you where, when, and how, so we can uncover why, and fix it. Such is the cooperative relationship of transparency and attentiveness that we hope by now our customers expect of Motion RC. We live for this stuff.

Thanks all
    Thank you Alpha for the thoughtful repsonse. I hope MRC can work out these issues. Many of us spent hundreds of dollars on the products that do not deliver. You can understand our frustration. Dai

Comment

• Originally posted by dai phan View Post

Please do a review on this boat so others do not have to go through what you are going through now. Dai
      Have not purchased yet. At this point, I am an interested bystander and a possible future customer.

I have to say I was surprised to see that MRC had a water cooled ESC in there, with no water flow to cool it. That is the worst case possible, worse than an air cooled ESC without enough cooling flow.

My earlier proposed temp fix incorrectly assumed that the ESCs were air cooled and simply needed a little more airflow.

Comment

• I am now waiting for MRC to provide me a new ESC. I agree since they used a marine ESC it should be water cooled. That is the way they were designed. Otherwise, they should have installed an air cooled ESC. At least I know how to correct that with very little effort.

Comment

• pdansalvish,
          You mention that you are awaiting a new ESC from MRC, is this directly from them or is Motion RC involved. I wrote to Andrew of Motion RC tech support on Friday,but have not heard anything yet
          Thanks for your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdansalvish View Post
            I am now waiting for MRC to provide me a new ESC. I agree since they used a marine ESC it should be water cooled. That is the way they were designed. Otherwise, they should have installed an air cooled ESC. At least I know how to correct that with very little effort.
            So it is the same ESC and you have to do a mod yourself ? If the problem is due to poor design they should take the boat back, give you credit toward a redesigned boat. Dai

Comment

• dai phan,

I have not received my replacement ESC yet. According to Andrew they are waiting for Bancroft for replacements. Andrew believes they will ship it by the end of the week. I will keep you posted. I also, gave this boat a 2 star rating.

Comment

• I can confirm that the factory has been closed for several days due to the seven day China National Holiday (basically their July 4th long weekend), but that replacement components were shipped by Air to our US Warehouse to fulfill the handful of service tickets the CS Team received. Those will be shipped out to customers as soon as they arrive and you'll be notified in your respective Service Tickets via your respective Motion RC CS technician. Contact them for any specific questions, especially if the delivery address is different from what was entered for the boat's original order.

The factory has been producing these boats for many years, so we're especially grateful for everyone's support as we elevate the production level to a consistent, modern standard. Hundreds are already out there recently, and we look ahead to continue moving forward. Tips about instruction manual improvements, requests for different finish levels, and other feedback are all valuable and we carefully consider everything.

Thanks all!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

dai phan,

I have not received my replacement ESC yet. According to Andrew they are waiting for Bancroft for replacements. Andrew believes they will ship it by the end of the week. I will keep you posted. I also, gave this boat a 2 star rating.
                  Please do a review. Dai

Comment

Please do a review. Dai
                    I did not sure when it will go live, if at all.

Comment

I did not sure when it will go live, if at all.
                      Go ahead and do an honest review. If it is not there by a reasonable length of time, let us know. DP

Comment

• Hi all. I am going to make the water cooling modification. I did decide to wait for the new ESC before I do.
                        I expect it will be the same as the original but I am going to hold off on any changes until I see it.
                        I would really like to know how many of the total of these boats had this same issue.

I the mean time I made a interesting purchase. How about 48" PT. An old Dumas kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PT Compare 1.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	279707

If anyone has any info on this boat I would love to hear it!

Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

• All PT Boat captains, I have some interesting news. I received an email from MotionRC today concerning the ESC's. According to them the water cooled ESC's should not have been installed. They also stated the ESC they are shipping to me (I would hope to other people who had issues) will be air cooled. Just have to wait and see.

Comment

All PT Boat captains, I have some interesting news. I received an email from MotionRC today concerning the ESC's. According to them the water cooled ESC's should not have been installed. They also stated the ESC they are shipping to me (I would hope to other people who had issues) will be air cooled. Just have to wait and see.
                            But I would like to know where the cool air is coming from? Ships don't have air intakes like planes do. Dai

Comment

But I would like to know where the cool air is coming from? Ships don't have air intakes like planes do. Dai
                              For me, I have a thermal gun to measure temps. My plan is to run the boat for a few minutes and check the temp of the ESC. If it gets too hot I can open windows in the cabins. That will allow air to flow in and out of the boat. Since I do not have much faith in these electronics. I am going to run, test, check and verify. I have the tools from my electric flying so, I am set. I figured it could be a slow process. But, as I check things out to acceptable level I will gain confidence for next year's patrols. But, believe me if things start to go south I will be on the horn to MRC.

As a side note, I plan to mount my ESC lower in the boat. Doing this for 2 reasons. Hot air rises and will accumulates inside the top of the cabins first. Second, to make it easier for checking. Where MRC mounted the ESC originally made it accessibility a little difficult.

Comment

• If the new esc doesn't come so equipped, trim the shrink wrap off the heat sink, but leave enough to hold it, and smear some computer cold grease on it, and zip strip a heat sink from an old computer to it. It'll significantly help keep things cool.

Comment

Assuming a decent heat sink on the new air cooled ESC, it should work OK without ducting fresh air into the interior of the model. There is a fair amount of air volume inside these models and it would take a while for the motors and ESCs to heat that volume of air up significantly.

Aircraft typically have the ESCs without oversized heat sinks in a much, much smaller compartment, so it needs some cooling airflow.

Interesting mistake by the factory. Should have been caught by QC, but stuff happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by tab28682 View Post

Assuming a decent heat sink on the new air cooled ESC, it should work OK without ducting fresh air into the interior of the model. There is a fair amount of air volume inside these models and it would take a while for the motors and ESCs to heat that volume of air up significantly.

Aircraft typically have the ESCs without oversized heat sinks in a much, much smaller compartment, so it needs some cooling airflow.

Interesting mistake by the factory. Should have been caught by QC, but stuff happens.
                                    I am going to take the photos of the ESCs in the LC and the Cutter and send to MRC. If they are indeed water cooled, then they should be replaced with air cooled. How dependable these are ? ... hard to say. DP

Comment

• It would be great if the data and instruction sheets for the electrical components were included with the ships. I hope the replacement ESC has the set up instructions with it.

Comment

• Yes,I'm hoping there is some type of data sheet/ instructions. I was told it would be a water cooled ESC again by the techs, went and bought flush pickups for water cooling. Now to hear it will be air cooled, its fine with me I just want a realiable boat that doesn't smell like burning insulation after each run. I also ordered the 50 cal upgrade with carrige from Shapeway,also the 37mm gun. Pobably look at the 20 mm down the road. I was very impressed with the PT crew set I got, 9 figures . Let me know when those ESC's start showing up. Still waiting to do a review until I get things sorted out.

Comment

• RSRN,

Can you send me the link for the 50 cal machine guns. I might need them. The original barrels are too flimsy.

Comment

Working...
                                          X