Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bancroft PT-596 Patrol Boat - RTR

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Motion sold a large number of these so there might not be a lot of info on them available.
    I was lucky to get an open box one from them at a pretty good discount.
    I replaced the ESC with a Hobbywing 1080 and pulled out the prop shafts and greased them with the blue marine grease I bought from Tower Hobbies.
    Everything works great.
    If you decide to remove the prop shafts to the rear be sure to do it one at a time because you have to drop the rudders out and the steering linkage can be hard to reassemble if you take them all out at once.

Steve

Comment

• Thank you Steve, was this boat purchased recently ? Trying to find out if the latest versions have the grease situation sorted. I wonder if there is more that one company making these, there is Bancroft, Motion RC, and my version came from ihobbymall. Are these just different distributors all receiving product from Bancroft ?

Comment

• I think my boat was from the first batch that Motion RC sold and was returned ​​​​​​because of a bad ESC. That would have been almost 2 years ago.
        ​​​​​​I believe most if not all of the Bancroft boat and ship models are made by KY Models and sold around the world under various brand names.
        I would check that the prop shafts turn freely and add some good marine grease and run it for a while to see if anything gets warm, vibrates or sounds odd.
        ​​​​​​
        Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Smedley View Post
          Thank you Steve, was this boat purchased recently ? Trying to find out if the latest versions have the grease situation sorted. I wonder if there is more that one company making these, there is Bancroft, Motion RC, and my version came from ihobbymall. Are these just different distributors all receiving product from Bancroft ?
          They are ALL made by KY Model. iHobbyMall is KY's own outlet. Bancroft is the brand name used exclusively by Motion. Aquacraft- same thing for Hobbico.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
            I think my boat was from the first batch that Motion RC sold and was returned ​​​​​​because of a bad ESC. That would have been almost 2 years ago.
            ​​​​​​I believe most if not all of the Bancroft boat and ship models are made by KY Models and sold around the world under various brand names.
            I would check that the prop shafts turn freely and add some good marine grease and run it for a while to see if anything gets warm, vibrates or sounds odd.
            ​​​​​​
            Steve
            Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by patmat2350 View Post

They are ALL made by KY Model. iHobbyMall is KY's own outlet. Bancroft is the brand name used exclusively by Motion. Aquacraft- same thing for Hobbico.
              Thank you

Comment

• i just got my new pt 596 boat,it has grease fittings and a 120 amp esc .what size esc did they 1st come out with?

Comment

• Just check that it is an air-cooled ESC and not a water cooled one.

Comment

• Yes, the grease has been changed. But make sure after a few runs you change it out for fresh grease.

Comment

• Hello all - can someone please post a picture of the motors through the open hatch?
                      I would like to see the arrangement. Thanks!

Comment

• Here's a picture of mine. I swapped out the universals for dog bones. Other than that, it is the same.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	PT motors with dog bones.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	356790

Comment

• I'd like to get spare batteries for PT 596. Can't find the 2800 mAh battery that came with the boat, not even from Motion RC. Are there other LiPo batts with different mAh's and discharge rates I can use that won't burn up the motors or ESC?

Comment

• Hi warfish.

What ESC are you running in the boat? That will determine what you can run.
                            I was one of the ones that had the original water-cooled ESC's that wasn't water cooled and burned out.
                            The replacement was Quickrun ESC that can run 2 to 4 cell batteries.
                            I'm running 3 cell 5200 mAh. The boat really needs the voltage increase to perform the way I like it. Really doggy with provided 2 cell.

The motors can take a lot of voltage.

Capacity is only limited by the size of the battery tray.

Comment

• Thx for the reply rascal76. Running the ESC that came with the boat, Admiral 120A marine brushed.

Comment

• Rascal76 can you tell me the Quicrun ESC model # and specs and if it has XT-60 connector?

Comment

• Hi Warfish.
                                  OK that is the original ESC that burned out in my boat. It is a water-cooled ESC that needs plumbing to get water running thru it to keep it cool. I would bet that if you run the boat on that ESC it will burn out. Mine did in about 4 minutes of run time. That boat needs an air-cooled ESC unless you are willing to plumb the water lines to that one.

How much run time do you have on it?
                                  Did someone install the water-cooling lines?

Did you by the boat new from Motion?
                                  If so they should replace it with an appropriate one.
                                  If you go back to the beginning of this post you can get some of the history of this issue.

The ESC they sent me as a replacement is a Hobbywing Quickrun 880 dual. They are readily available.
                                  This ESC comes without a power connector. You have to install your own.
                                  The only funny part is this ESC comes with two sets of motor connection wires. You only need to hook up one set.

Hope this helps. It's a great looking boat on the water and runs great once this issue is resolved.

Comment

• Rascal76,
                                    Got the boat new from Motion and it came with that ESC, no lines for water cooling. Haven't put it in the water yet, trying to get all this hashed out before I get it wet. Thanks for all of your input. Appreciate you.

Comment

• Rascal 76,
                                      When you put in your Quicrun 880 ESC did you have to get a program card and program it or was it good to go right out of the box?

Comment

• Originally posted by patmat2350 View Post

Also by Graupner when it was still in bussiness. Dai

Comment

• I'm already having electrical problems with my 3 week old PT built in 4-2022. The first run went well with the stock 2800 2 cell battery with just warm ECS and motors. I ran it again this week end and barely got the PT back to shore. .The stock ECS was warmer and the motors were hot to the touch. Now the motors wouldn't run and it has no steering. The stock ECS has a blinking red light and when I turn the transmitter on first and then the boat power button it beeps twice but not the third time. Is the stock ECS burned out?

Comment

Working...
                                          X