You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bancroft 1/16 scale LCM3 Landing Craft

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Rascal76 View Post
    Try Harbor Models. They have a good selection of Marine ESCs.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/124219941763
    wonder if this would work.
    I'll go look at the place you just provided.

    Comment


    • #62
      muffinman,

      Unfortunately, the description does not list any BEC. It should have one but it is not listed. However, it looks promising.

      Comment


      • #63
        Here is the ESC I have in my Atlantic Tugboat. I removed the original and fit this one in and its perfect for the 550 motor.

        https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbywin...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

        Comment


        • #64
          Yep seen that one to. Will it work with the duel 390 motors in the landing craft?

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by muffinman View Post
            Yep seen that one to. Will it work with the duel 390 motors in the landing craft?
            Not sure, but wanted to pass the info along as a possible upgrade.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post

              Not sure, but wanted to pass the info along as a possible upgrade.
              10-4 i did see in the listing for the ebay one that it does have BEC .

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by muffinman View Post

                right now i think im just gonna replace the ESC with something a little better. eventually i will convert it to brushless . what were your run times on the provided battery?
                bryan
                I wasn't using the battery it came with. I made an adaptor to go from the stock tamiya connector to a deans ultra "T" plug and had a 5000mah 2s li-poly in it. I ran it for a very long time and I think the battery still had plenty left.

                Schmitty

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Schmitty1944 View Post

                  I wasn't using the battery it came with. I made an adaptor to go from the stock tamiya connector to a deans ultra "T" plug and had a 5000mah 2s li-poly in it. I ran it for a very long time and I think the battery still had plenty left.

                  Schmitty
                  I would love to be able to play for a long time. For the 5000 mAh, 2S li-poly what run time do you have say at 70% speed? No need to change ESC right? Dai

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by dai phan View Post

                    I would love to be able to play for a long time. For the 5000 mAh, 2S li-poly what run time do you have say at 70% speed? No need to change ESC right? Dai
                    I don't see any reason to change the ESC unless it fails at some point. It works perfect and has good proportional throttle response. I didn't really time my run or keep track but I had the boat on the water for about an hour and a half with mixed throttle usage, sometimes running around at full speed and sometimes slow or sitting idle for a while. The 5000mah battery showed no signs of going dead by the time I was done. I suspect It would have run quite a bit longer.

                    The LCM-3 comes with a 2800 mah 2s li-po battery which is probably enough to run it for an hour or so with moderate throttle usage.

                    Schmitty

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Schmitty1944 View Post

                      I don't see any reason to change the ESC unless it fails at some point. It works perfect and has good proportional throttle response. I didn't really time my run or keep track but I had the boat on the water for about an hour and a half with mixed throttle usage, sometimes running around at full speed and sometimes slow or sitting idle for a while. The 5000mah battery showed no signs of going dead by the time I was done. I suspect It would have run quite a bit longer.

                      The LCM-3 comes with a 2800 mah 2s li-po battery which is probably enough to run it for an hour or so with moderate throttle usage.

                      Schmitty
                      Thank YOU ! I am going to order the 5000 mAh to get longer run time. And if you can, please look at my choice of tanks (earlier post) to see if that is the right option. Thanks Dai

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Had the boat out for a bit today. I ran it for about 20 minutes with mixed throttle usage and the stock battery showed 7.6V after run. The ESC was hot to the touch (see photo).

                        I played around with FPV from the B16 truck and still need to work a few things out. The lake I typically use has steep banks, so its hard for the gate to open and the truck to climb. Plus, the mud flap on the truck keeps getting caught in the slots on the gate. So I had to drive the truck in rather than backing it in. I uploaded the video but I didn't have a lot of time today to make it work. I will be adding ballast to the hull because it has a tough time backing away from shore.

                        Comment


                        • #72


                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by dai phan View Post

                            Thank YOU ! I am going to order the 5000 mAh to get longer run time. And if you can, please look at my choice of tanks (earlier post) to see if that is the right option. Thanks Dai
                            Yes that would be the exact type of tank the LCM-3 was designed to carry.

                            Schmitty

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Had the LCM3 on the bench this evening getting it ready for the season. I removed the rudders and the prop shafts to re-lube the tubes (I know I should have done that after the last run). The boat has only 3 runs on it. Once I removed the shafts, I found no grease. Its my fault for not checking this before the first run. I also found one of the plastic props cracked around the set screw. Going to glue it for now and see how it holds up.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                I am having a problem with my speed control it gets so hot it goes into Thermal runaway and I have to have to my LCM3 pushed in and once it cools down it is okay again.
                                I tried to put a different speed control in that had a fan to cool it, but the LCM3 would not let me program it, it just did what it wanted to do.
                                I have been sent a new speed control that looks like the one in it now and I am leery about if it will do the same thing.
                                Does anyone have a suggestion to solve this problem?
                                I love this boat when it is in the water with a Heng long Sherman tank or a Tamiya in it.

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  Originally posted by Toytrainshop View Post
                                  I am having a problem with my speed control it gets so hot it goes into Thermal runaway and I have to have to my LCM3 pushed in and once it cools down it is okay again.
                                  I tried to put a different speed control in that had a fan to cool it, but the LCM3 would not let me program it, it just did what it wanted to do.
                                  I have been sent a new speed control that looks like the one in it now and I am leery about if it will do the same thing.
                                  Does anyone have a suggestion to solve this problem?
                                  I love this boat when it is in the water with a Heng long Sherman tank or a Tamiya in it.
                                  good luck man mine is sitting in its shipping box still nothing but problems with the crappy electonics . pretty much everything ive have bought from motion has been nothing but issues .

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    Muffinman
                                    Today I let it set with the power on it was on my cart and not in the water it went into Thermal runaway, so I immediately opened the compartment and the speed control was to hot to touch. The minute I did this it started to operate with no problem and ran for over an hour with out any glitches.
                                    l am going to try several things, first will be to put capacitors on the motors to try to stop any Rf frequencies and then reinstall a speed control that has a fan built on it.
                                    If that doesn't work I will put 1or2 small fans some place inside to get some air flow.
                                    Last thing I will do is put in a M-tronics 40amp speed control that I got from Harbor Models, it doesn't usually need cooling fans, I have been using them in almost all of my some 40+ boats, big and small.
                                    I will try to keep you posted as to what works.
                                    Don't give up it is a beautiful model especially if you have one of the Heng long Sherman's or Tamiya Sherman's in it, I am putting together a squad of 21st Century figures that will be in front of the tank as if they are landing on D-Day they will be mounted on a sheet of plexiglas just in front of the tank as if they are attacking the beach.
                                    Hope this is a little more positive.

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X