• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That landing craft looks Fantastic!

Comment

Ordered today!

Comment

CM_Aero Thanks! Were you planning on landing a 1/16 Sherman in it, or something else?
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          CM_Aero Thanks! Were you planning on landing a 1/16 Sherman in it, or something else?
          I haven't been able to order a Sherman since they've been out of stock and for some reason, I didn't get the notification last time they were, so I missed out. But thats ok for now. I'm pretty sure the WPL trucks will fit. I compared the specs to the sherman (LxW) and believe it will work out. I have the Deuce set up for FPV so really looking forward to it.

Comment

There's no ballast and it sits to high in the water. Because of this, it will not reverse. The props simply suck in air. You can add ballast in the back, but it will make the stern rise even further out of the water. There is no access to the cavity in the front to add ballast. This is a big design flaw.

Comment

The product page on the website mentions that ballast weight is required.

Mine arrived the other day but haven't been able to maiden it yet due to rain.

Comment

Well the rain finally stopped, even tho we could use more, but finally stopped and I was able to put the boat in the water. Wind was gusting so I wasn't able to get great shots of it today, but got a few with the Mavic Mini. I am always surprised how much wind the mini can handle and how stable the video is. As commented before, it does need ballast in the front, so I put the B16 in and it worked great. Here are a few pics

Comment

Greetings,

I just ordered this and I would like to know what other equipment can go into the dock? I am not looking for R/C stuff but some high quality pre-made cars, trucks, tanks ready to go like those 1/16 action figures series. Thanks Dai

Comment

Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post
                    Well the rain finally stopped, even tho we could use more, but finally stopped and I was able to put the boat in the water. Wind was gusting so I wasn't able to get great shots of it today, but got a few with the Mavic Mini. I am always surprised how much wind the mini can handle and how stable the video is. As commented before, it does need ballast in the front, so I put the B16 in and it worked great. Here are a few pics
                    Is it possible to drive without the ballast? Dai

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post

Is it possible to drive without the ballast? Dai
                      It is possible to drive without the ballast, but would recommend some on the bow. Flip the dual rate switch and it is very maneuverable. As far as dimension go, the hold is 635 x 177mm.

Comment

Just got mine today and wanted to give my first impressions. I love it! The quality is great and it runs very smoothly. It could use some crew and maybe some more detailing and weathering but it looks great right out of the box. My few gripes are that the plastic propellers look very cheap but aren't easy to see underneath and are easily replaced. and the control panel sticker inside the boats cabin looks very cheap, It will run just fine without adding any ballast but sits very high causing a lot of cavitation and won't back up at all. I put about 3 lbs of lead in the back and that was enough to stop the cavitation even in reverse. The recommended ballast weight is about 7 lbs which would be fine but can work with a lot less. I ran it in a backyard pool with no cargo and with a henglong M4a3. It sat pretty good with the fairly light henglong tank in it, Bow was very high without it but I think the real one would be similar without the nearly 40 ton cargo. I think it might be possible to get some ballast weight under the bow through the battery/motor area. there is access but you need to slide the weight up through a fairly small gap near the bottom, I'm not sure yet that it really needs it.

It drives nice and is quite fast. I suspect the included battery won't last long at higher speeds. Handling in reverse is very poor, you have pretty much no helm control in reverse and it will just start to make a tight turn no matter what you do.

I tried a Tamiya M4a3e8 "easy eight" with the wider tracks and it will fit through the door but is very tight.

Overall a fantastic model. Highly recommended.

Schmitty

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty1944 View Post
                          Just got mine today and wanted to give my first impressions. I love it! The quality is great and it runs very smoothly. It could use some crew and maybe some more detailing and weathering but it looks great right out of the box. My few gripes are that the plastic propellers look very cheap but aren't easy to see underneath and are easily replaced. and the control panel sticker inside the boats cabin looks very cheap, It will run just fine without adding any ballast but sits very high causing a lot of cavitation and won't back up at all. I put about 3 lbs of lead in the back and that was enough to stop the cavitation even in reverse. The recommended ballast weight is about 7 lbs which would be fine but can work with a lot less. I ran it in a backyard pool with no cargo and with a henglong M4a3. It sat pretty good with the fairly light henglong tank in it, Bow was very high without it but I think the real one would be similar without the nearly 40 ton cargo. I think it might be possible to get some ballast weight under the bow through the battery/motor area. there is access but you need to slide the weight up through a fairly small gap near the bottom, I'm not sure yet that it really needs it.

It drives nice and is quite fast. I suspect the included battery won't last long at higher speeds. Handling in reverse is very poor, you have pretty much no helm control in reverse and it will just start to make a tight turn no matter what you do.

I tried a Tamiya M4a3e8 "easy eight" with the wider tracks and it will fit through the door but is very tight.

Overall a fantastic model. Highly recommended.

Schmitty
                          Greetings...

Can you suggest a high quality (not kit, not RC) die cast tank, trucks, anything appropriate to go into the hull? Thanks Dai

Comment

Greetings...

Can you suggest a high quality (not kit, not RC) die cast tank, trucks, anything appropriate to go into the hull? Thanks Dai
                            This model represents a Higgins LCM-3 which really was designed to carry primarily an M4 Sherman or 60 troops. I'm sure it could haul trucks and jeeps etc but that wasn't what it was designed for. If you look at period pictures of the real thing you can see that when empty the bow is very high above the water but with a tank on board the whole boat sits quite low. So for ultimate realism a heavy M4 sherman is what you want. If you would rather have more stability I would suggest ballast weight as low in the hull as possible and then the cargo can be much lighter.

as for options of 1/16 scale tanks and trucks. A henglong sherman is probably the cheapest option even if you don't care about it being RC. You could always add weight to the tank if you want to make it heavier. More expensive options include metal shermans from Torro or Mato (or other brands). Forces of valor did make a 1/16 sherman in diecast that is non RC but they are a bit expensive, There are also models of M3/M5 stuarts and M3 halftracks (WSN, torro) around as well as some trucks. JJRC makes a 40's looking RC truck in 1/16 but it's not a exact representation of any particular truck (it's called JJRC Q60). Danbury mint makes a really nice 1/16 Jeep (not RC).

I think it would be fun to have an amphibious vehicle like a seep (sea jeep) or LVT alligator so you could open the ramp and drive out into the water. Even though not historically accurate it would be a real crowd pleaser.

Schmitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty1944 View Post

This model represents a Higgins LCM-3 which really was designed to carry primarily an M4 Sherman or 60 troops. I'm sure it could haul trucks and jeeps etc but that wasn't what it was designed for. If you look at period pictures of the real thing you can see that when empty the bow is very high above the water but with a tank on board the whole boat sits quite low. So for ultimate realism a heavy M4 sherman is what you want. If you would rather have more stability I would suggest ballast weight as low in the hull as possible and then the cargo can be much lighter.

as for options of 1/16 scale tanks and trucks. A henglong sherman is probably the cheapest option even if you don't care about it being RC. You could always add weight to the tank if you want to make it heavier. More expensive options include metal shermans from Torro or Mato (or other brands). Forces of valor did make a 1/16 sherman in diecast that is non RC but they are a bit expensive, There are also models of M3/M5 stuarts and M3 halftracks (WSN, torro) around as well as some trucks. JJRC makes a 40's looking RC truck in 1/16 but it's not a exact representation of any particular truck (it's called JJRC Q60). Danbury mint makes a really nice 1/16 Jeep (not RC).

I think it would be fun to have an amphibious vehicle like a seep (sea jeep) or LVT alligator so you could open the ramp and drive out into the water. Even though not historically accurate it would be a real crowd pleaser.

Schmitty.
                              A scale R/C tank would be cool but I am not into tanks at this time. These tanks got to be pretty big as the price tag is almost as the LC itself ! Dai

Comment

anybody know if the guns are made of resin? im trying to fix the one that arrived broken tried modelers glue but that did not work so im thinking superglue.

Comment

Originally posted by muffinman View Post
                                  anybody know if the guns are made of resin? im trying to fix the one that arrived broken tried modelers glue but that did not work so im thinking superglue.
                                  You need to use superglue (thick type). Dai

Comment

You need to use superglue (thick type). Dai
                                    thank you Dai
                                    Bryan

Comment

well i was able to fix the issues with mine slowly adding a little weathering here and thereClick image for larger version

Name:	20200925_184654.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	276695

Comment

Originally posted by muffinman View Post
                                        well i was able to fix the issues with mine slowly adding a little weathering here and thereClick image for larger version

Name:	20200925_184654.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	276695
                                        That looks great! Did you apply using an airbrush?

Comment

Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post

That looks great! Did you apply using an airbrush?
                                          No sir I used a tamiya weathering master set , just did this one side for now still have to do the rest of the ship. I repaired my broken .50 buy drilling out both of the broken bits and inserting a very small brass dowel cut to length and glued it all up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X