You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/150 scale 1800mm (71") USS Missouri -RTR (Ready to Run)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/150 scale 1800mm (71") USS Missouri -RTR (Ready to Run)

1/150 Scale 1800mm (70.8") USS Missouri BB-63

In this thread I'll be previewing the upcoming Bancroft 1/150 scale USS Missouri. At 71" long, this 1/150 scale beast is the "big brother" to the 1/200 scale Bancroft USS Missouri.

There are two planned configurations, "WW2", and "Modern". Eventually I'll break this thread into two, if/as warranted, but for the time being I'll keep them together by scale.

The WW2 is distinguishable by its many AAA arrays (20mm Oerlikon and 40mm Bofors guns) and prop spotter planes on her stern. The Modern variant is easily identified by modern armament including Phalanx CIWS gatling guns, new deck areas and rows of Tomahawk cruise missile ABLs and Harpoon anti-ship missile launchers.

WW2:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06852 - Copy.JPG Views:	1 Size:	57.5 KB ID:	246156

Modern:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06514.JPG Views:	1 Size:	109.1 KB ID:	246158Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06477.JPG Views:	1 Size:	132.2 KB ID:	246159

The "Mighty Mo" was the last American battleship ever built and the last to be decommissioned. The surrender of the Japanese on the deck of the USS Missouri in Toyko Bay ended the Second World War and remains one of the most impressive highlights in her illustrious career spanning five decades and three wars. She is currently docked as a museum ship overlooking the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor Naval Base, Hawaii.

Bancroft’s Elite Series of warships presents the 1/150 scale Battleship USS Missouri! Display this museum piece on your mantle or astonish your RC boat club with this functional RTR (Ready to Run) RC battleship. Over 300 total parts and 100 man-hours of work is already completed for you. Delivered Ready to Run (RTR), the vessel can be sailing within minutes of arrival, using the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter, 2s Li-Ion battery, and charger. Only four AA batteries, ballast and minimal assembly is required. Set sail in minutes!
    Removable Turrets

The Missouri's highly detailed main turrets can be easily positioned for static display or removed for transport or further customizing.

Each main turret swivels in place. Adding a waterproof servo to traverse the turret remotely is an easy task by anyone with basic modeling skills. The fist-sized turrets have plenty of space inside their hollow interiors for other modifications, including barrel modifications, if the user is so inclined.
    Easy Access Electronics Bay

The primary superstructure is molded around one central base that can be removed with two hands. Simply lift the superstructure vertically to access the interior electronics bay.

It is important to engineer a warship this large to still be user friendly, and I think this Missouri strikes a good balance between "Big" and "Friendly". As complex as the exterior detail looks, it never takes more than 5-10 seconds to get into the interior battery/electronics bay.
    Pin-Sharp Details

Over 100 hours of handcrafted details are completed at the factory using hundreds of fingernail sized brass Photo-Etched (PE) parts and larger molded sub-assemblies.

The WW2 configuration is covered in defensive and offensive weaponry. 5" gun mounts, 40mm Bofors, 20mm Oerlikon, and .50 cal guns dot almost every horizontal surface of the ship from bow to stern.
    Extensive Accessories

Walkways, railings, Bofors guns, lifeboats, and portholes are just some of the pre-installed scale elements that cover the Bancroft 1/150 scale Missouri.

Each weapon station is nicely detailed, and could be detailed even further with someone with enough time and a magnifying glass!
    Genuine Wood Deck

The Missouri's one-piece molded hull and deck is covered by a single large laser-cut and laser-etched genuine wood deck, treated in natural water-stabilized finish.

Two floatplanes are positioned on their launch catapaults. The catapaults and the prominent retrieval davit (crane) are assembled from dozens of brass photo-etched (PE) parts about the thickness of cardstock.

Note the four brass propellers, arranged in counter-spinning pairs.
    Exceptional Scale Realism

Meticulous details represent the Missouri in her prime World War II configuration, with AAA guns, signal lamps, and observation floatplanes.

As intricate as the detail is, it is still reasonably sturdy, and can withstand a washing down with a gentle stream of water from a water hose after a day's sortie on the pond.
    Photo-Etched Brass Aftdeck

The Missouri's textured photo-etched (PE) foredeck and aftdeck is made of photo-etched (PE) brass that is painted then pre-installed. Amazingly sharp details are rendered in pin-sized resolution at 1/150 scale, including capstans and metal anchor chains.

Note the removable wood deck cover to access the steering gear.
    RTR - Ready To Run

A 2.4Ghz radio system is included and pre-installed, as are all internal electronics. A primary battery and charger are also included. Simply charge the included primary battery with the included charger, insert your AA batteries into the radio transmitter then begin sailing!
    1/150 Scale

Weighing over 30 lbs, the Bancroft 1/150 scale Missouri is the largest Ready-To-Run Missouri available today, and is the centerpiece of any RTR RC maritime collection.

You'll want a long truck bed or a vehicle with folding seats to transport this beast! I use the included plywood stand to keep the hull raised off the floor during transport.
    FEATURES:
    • RTR (Ready to Run) with 2.4Ghz radio, receiver, battery, and charger
    • 2.4Ghz radio system and all electronics Pre-Installed
    • Fully Painted, Detailed, and Hand Finished
    • Zero assembly required --Get underway in minutes!
    • Durable fiberglass one-piece molded hull and deck
    • Genuine wood decking, laser-cut and laser-etched
    • Over 300 brass photo-etched (PE) parts and high detail parts
    • Hyperscale detail comprising over 100 hours of hand craftsmanship
    • Four motors with steel drive shafts and genuine brass screws (propellers)
    • Quick-Detach Superstructure for easy access to the ship's interior
    • Pre-Installed Rigging with simple disconnect design
    • Positionable main turrets
    • Rated for calm ponds, pools, and lakes appropriate for RC Boats
    INCLUDES:
    • Bancroft USS Missouri 1/150 Scale 1800mm (70.8") USA Battleship - RTR
    • 2.4Ghz Radio and Receiver, pre-installed
    • Four motors drive system, pre-installed, with XT60 battery connector
    • Four brass propellers
    • Steering servo, pre-installed
    • 2s 7.4V 2800mAh Battery with XT60 connector
    • 2s Battery Charger
    • Basic Tabletop Display Stand
    REQUIRES:
    • Four (4) AA-sized 1.5V dry cell batteries, Alkaline or NiMH
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Mighty and Magnificent!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mastera.jpg
Views:	3296
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	253221

Cruising alongside the Bancroft 1/150 scale Bismark...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3407
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	253220

Comment

Reserved for video

Comment

Updated with new photos and listing. Based on popular request, we're bringing in the 1/150 scale beast-mode Missouri. Let us know what you think!

Comment

Alpha, An amazing BEHEMOTH of a model. Now we're talkin', now we're talkin'. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

When it comes to the "Mighty Mo", bigger is always better!
            Thanks for bringing her onboard.
            Best regards,
            Cris B.
            AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
            NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Ahhh how nice, I was waiting for this thread to be up just as much as for that of SMS Scharnhorst (which is 1/150 scale as well), this model indeed is the real beast of them all and will be an awsome sight to see in the water. I think I'd prefer the WWII version vs modern. All I can say is I cannot wait for these ships to be selling in the US. For the detail/finish they offer, they are not overprice at-all IMO, I know this factually since I've commissioned a number of builds to professional builders over the years and just kit/electronics/running gear/extras alone the cost is around 1k, once you add builder commission/shipping, costs is easily 5k plus.

Comment

This is sole example I can remember of successfully requesting a larger scale version of a model which cannot be brought to market absent a substantially increased investment and the adoption of some additional risk from a business perspective. So, Alpha, many thanks for making these 1/150th scale warships available to those of us who lack the 700 hours to build one! I hope Motion is able to tap some pent-up demand for scale warships that are reasonably priced and essentially unavailable in the states (at least consistently) from any other manufacturer - I toyed repeatedly with the idea of purchasing a Graupner premium Hood, but the availability here was too inconsistent. I get the impression warship modeling is more common in the U.K., so I hope Motion considers advertising its line of ships in some of the British scale maritime magazines in an effort to stimulate sales on both sides of the pond. Again, congratulations and thank you. Jonathan Linde

Comment

Jonlinde We have HMS Hood in drydock as well...

I too am confident we'll tap into the existing wellspring of modelers who enjoy these kinds of RC warships. So far it's clear we are not the only ones, and perhaps many, like you, have lots of interest but have been waiting on the sidelines for a vendor who really care about these vessels and really support them as they deserve to be. That has been our goal for a while now, and it's very gratifying to see that plan come to fruition. Again, thank you to everyone for your continued support!

Comment

I will be absolutely buying one of these! If we want to continue to get large, intricate RC models brought o market, we, the buyers, must do our part.

Thank you Alpha! There is likely an HMS Hood and USS Arleigh Burke in my future as well.

Comment

Alpha, if you read this and have a chance, can you PM me contact info? Your inbox seems to be full. Thank you. Jeff

Comment

I didn't see anywhere in the specs the weight. I'm guessing around 5-7 kilos?

Comment

Damn, I can't afford to get both. Which one to get WW2 or modern??

Paul

Comment

Paulh I'm partial to the WW2 outfit, but the Modern would be neat to fit with those small "moon traveler" rockets. Although I'd always be worried an errant backfire blows up my launch tube.

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on the WW2 1/1200. Hope I don't regret not going for the 1/150. To much for the wallet right now.

Comment

Anybody buying the 1/1200 version of the mighty mo?

Comment

Maybe the 1:200...

Comment

When you unbox dont pick her up with the two vertical spacers they are open at the bottom for removal. Almost made that mistake with my Yammy.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                      Updated with new photos and listing. Based on popular request, we're bringing in the 1/150 scale beast-mode Missouri. Let us know what you think!
                                      Have one ready for me to buy and I will do the review promptly ! Dai

Comment

Oops. Meant to write 1/200

Comment

Working...
                                        X