X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warships Exceeding 1/200 Scale and Accessories

First, thank you so much for bringing your line of watercraft to market. I am lucky enough to live in Marblehead, MA, which is home to a model yacht racing basin that has hosted racing for more than 100 years, and continues to host very serious yacht racing (see attached pics). I have always lusted after the opportunity to operate scale WWII ships at the basin, known as Redd's Pond, and am sure many of the model yacht enthusiasts would really appreciate their presence. I have flown any number of electric seaplanes from the the pond as well.

While I think the 1/200 scale is a great initial compromise, I would very much like to larger RTR WWII era warships offered. I understand the price differential involved is significant, but just as there is a market for the Black Horse FW-190 and other models that exceed the $1,500 price point, battleships are notable for their size and presence, and I would like to think you could sell a sufficient volume of larger warships to make the endeavor profitable. (Also, the tendency of lighter warships to rock rapidly in response to relatively small waves generated by light winds does detract from their scale appearance.) I do promise that the current lack of 1/500 size ships will not prevent me from purchasing a slightly smaller warship in the meantime!

Secondly, have you considered making some of the more standard nautical RC accessories available, most notably smoke generators and sound systems? While a PT boat would be a decent candidate for the Mr RC Sound Merlin sound generator, there are specialized sound systems available for ships, and I would rather work with you and the rest of the Motion team than source these accessories elsewhere.

Many thanks, Jonathan Linde

Click image for larger version  Name:	historic redds.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.6 KB ID:	247415
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gkWorzE8UCZtgm-CakzM1Fgjr1ea4st0GGRM2wznUUEMT7q_Ia_237H0d4uUcb84aCi5zugwpJk7h3dOe_vAuIQeWGDkrtcP_3LmOj0PV-nDVMcAAI3UbzLyXlaFxGQ.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	247416

Jonlinde Thanks for your input and insight! We do intend to bring in a range of scales and a range of platforms to populate our Bancroft line of maritime vessels. I've posted some of the pictures and teasers in other threads, but suffice to say the big vessels you're referring to are being tweaked to our specs and will be brought in over time.

As for accessories, the short answer to your questions is Yes. We had hoped that the 14 ship salvo comprising our first wave let people know that we're serious about putting our touch on RC Boats just as we have with RC Jets and Warbirds and Helicopters. Like you, I like many RC categories, not just one type or one size or pricepoint.

If you have any specific ideas for new products, or references for existing products or vendors you'd like to see us partner with, by all means please post here. We're always listening.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Company from California called " Harbor Models" do a range of sound moduels and smoke generators for boats ,This range could be added as I have been looking at web sites in Europe and cannot find a good sound system that Harbor Models offer.

Comment

Hello all,

In my opinion, warships do not look right ( like toys) if they are small in size. I have the Graupner 1/150 Bismark made by Ky Model and I can tell you it looks much better when compared to the 1/200 Yamato. Anything bigger than 1/150 will have much higher cost that is out of reach for most RCers. I think 1/150 is a good size and I look forward to buying all of the MRC 1/150 series when they become available. Dai

Comment

Working...
        X