P-38 - The Ultimate EPO Lightning

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/200 scale Nimitz Aircraft Carrier - RTR (Ready to Run)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/200 scale Nimitz Aircraft Carrier - RTR (Ready to Run)

USS Nimitz CVN-68 1/200 Scale 1700mm (67") USA Aircraft Carrier - RTR
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Nimitz Hero.jpg Views:	1 Size:	182.9 KB ID:	252601

Conquer the waves with Bancroft, the world’s premier RC Boat brand available exclusively at Motion RC! Bancroft’s line of RC vessels is as vast as the seven seas, specializing in high scale RC Warships, Yachts, Speedboats, and more! Equally at home on your mantle with its included display stand or sailing on calm lakes or pools, Bancroft vessels are made of high-quality materials including ABS, fiberglass, real wood, and photo-etched brass and steel parts.

USS Nimitz (CVN-68) is a US Navy supercarrier and one of the most recognizable vessels to ever sail the world's oceans. Originally commissioned as CVAN-68, "aircraft carrier, attack, nuclear powered", then redesignated as CVN-68, "aircraft carrier, multi-mission, nuclear-powered" on 30 June 1975, the USS Nimitz continues her storied service career in 2020.

Bancroft’s Elite Series of warships presents the 1/200 scale Aircraft Carrier USS Nimitz! Display this museum piece on your mantle or astonish your RC boat club with this functional RTR (Ready to Run) RC aircraft carrier. Over 300 total parts and 100 man-hours of work is already completed for you. Delivered Ready to Run (RTR), the vessel can be sailing within minutes of arrival, using the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter, 2s Li-Ion battery, and charger. Only four AA batteries, ballast and minimal assembly is required. Set sail in minutes!
    Pin-Sharp Details

Over 100 hours of handcrafted details are completed at the factory using hundreds of fingernail sized brass Photo-Etched (PE) parts and larger molded sub-assemblies.

The spacious hull and superstructure are ideal bases for additional customization, weathering, and LED lighting.
    Active Flight Deck

Position numerous included aircraft around the flight deck, including 1/200 scale F-18 Hornets, A-6 Intruders, E-2 Hawkeyes, S-3 Vikings, and SH-3 Sea King helicopers. Each aircraft arrives painted in base gray with basic insignia, and can be customized to represent your preferred squadrons during the Nimitz's many tours of duty.
    Exceptional Scale Realism

Weighing nearly 30 pounds and stretching over 5.5 feet long, the Bancroft 1/200 scale Nimitz becomes the instant centerpiece of any military RTR RC maritime collection.

Transport is not *that* difficult, but it will need to be lengthwise in a four door vehicle. In a sedan, you'll need to fold down the rear seat, and also ensure you have the following cavity available to fit the complete model:

1700mm length
    425mm beam (width)
    365mm height
    Loaded with Accessories

The Nimitz includes over one dozen 1/200 scale vehicles and equipment to support flight operations.

I don't think 1/200 RC is possible, but I'm certain an intrepid modeler could configure a magnetized sub-floor mounted track under the hull, that could simulate moving vehicles by pulling the topside vehicle around.
    Four Motor Drive System

Four pre-installed motor drive systems with steel drive shafts and three-bladed propellers propel the Bancroft Nimitz. All drive shafts and both rudders are waterproofed for your convenience.

Without bow thrusters, the 1/200 Nimitz prefers to be turned while underway. Or a 1/200 tugboat fleet...
    1/200 Scale Battle Group!

Sail the Bancroft 1/200 scale Nimitz aircraft carrier alongside similarly scaled vessels including the Bancroft 1/200 scale Missouri battleship.
    FEATURES:
    • RTR (Ready to Run) with 2.4Ghz radio, receiver, battery, and charger
    • 2.4Ghz radio system and all electronics Pre-Installed
    • Fully Painted and Detailed
    • Zero assembly required --Get underway in minutes!
    • Durable fiberglass one-piece molded hull and deck
    • Hundreds of brass photo-etched (PE) parts and high detail parts
    • Extensively detailed and hand finished
    • Hyperscale detail comprising over 100 hours of hand craftsmanship
    • Four motors with steel drive shafts and counter-rotating propeller pairs
    • Quick-Detach Superstructure for easy access to the ship's interior
    • Pre-Installed Rigging with simple disconnect design
    • Rated for calm ponds, pools, and lakes appropriate for RC Boats
    INCLUDES:
    • Bancroft USS Nimitz 1/200 Scale 1700mm (67") USA Aircraft Carrier - RTR
    • 2.4Ghz Radio and Receiver, pre-installed
    • Four motor drive system, pre-installed, with XT60 battery connector
    • Steering servo, pre-installed
    • 2s 7.4V 2800mAh Battery with XT60 connector
    • 2s Battery Charger
    • Basic Tabletop Display Stand
    REQUIRES:
    • Four (4) AA-sized 1.5V dry cell batteries, Alkaline or NiMH
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Reserved for photos and video

Comment

Impressive, very nice model.
      Please do in-depth thread on Missouri 1/150 scale.

Comment

Wow 🤩 this is absolutely amazing!!! I’m about to go broke

Comment

Don't know what to say, this one is really amazing, I'm totaly blown away...

Comment

Now THAT is serious business right there. Absolutely stunning!

Comment

We broke ground on the swimming pool my wife has always wanted last week.
              She still hasn't figured out why one end slopes like a boat ramp and another area looks an awful lot like a shipping port.
              She’ll understand once My “Fleet” starts sailing.
              Best regards,
              Cris B.
              AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
              NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Alpha do you know what's the diameter of prop shafts and stuffing tubes on this model (and the rest)?
                This model and Missouri 1/150 scale side-by-side have to be an impressive sight....can't wait for October to be here.

Comment

looks like a 90's air wing without the f-14's...are aircraft plastic or metal?

Comment

MAVFLIGHT75 The aircraft are molded plastic, with occasional metal parts and resin parts.

Comment

Thanks Alpha for response on aircraft.

How do you access interior...any pics available?

It doesn't look like it has an interior hangar bay based on the elevator sliding doors being closed ...just thinking ahead what is needed to get a full hanger bay in based on size of interior access area

The exterior looks great

Comment

MAVFLIGHT75 Hi Mav, there is a large hatch concealed on the main deck. This hatch gives access to the internal battery placement, electronics, and motors. There is plenty of space for an intrepid modeler to fabricate a full hangar bay and operable elevators, since they are positioned along the perimeter of the deck.

I look forward to your project!

Comment

yep...working elevators, lights, full hangar bay, & working blast deflectors

just purchased my 1st batch of modern wing 1:200 aircraft

Comment

MAVFLIGHT75 I like the way you think. Welcome to "The Squawk". Looking forward to pictures and comments when you receive this beast. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Exceptional Scale Realism

Weighing nearly 30 pounds and stretching over 5.5 feet long, the Bancroft 1/200 scale Nimitz becomes the instant centerpiece of any military RTR RC maritime collection.
                              just noticed... Is that a real weight 30Lb's what is she ballasted with? Bricks?😁 Probably a fat finger right.

Comment

She's a big and heavy boat, once fully fitted. 28.9lbs on the scale, according to my notes. There was some ballast in the model I sailed, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for a boat this size. The nice thing about a hull that cavernous is that with most of that weight converted to battery, the boat can run all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFLIGHT75 View Post
                                  yep...working elevators, lights, full hangar bay, & working blast deflectors

just purchased my 1st batch of modern wing 1:200 aircraft
                                  I like Alpha will be watching your project unfold. My interest is because I'm a Nimitz plank owner.
                                  My squadron VA-35(A-6) was attached to the Chester W when commissioned 3 May 75 as we were part of its sea-trials off of Gitmo earlier in March.
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

This is really awesome. I have always wanted a big carrier. Any chance they will make a bigger one?

MAVFLIGHT75. What planes did you get? Looking forward to your build!

Comment

I’ll buy the aircraft carrier rc maybe in tax time

Comment

Anyone have any updates of when we can place an order? Said late DEC.....well its let DEC !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X