You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/144 scale "Arleigh Burke" Destroyer - RTR (Ready to Run)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/144 scale "Arleigh Burke" Destroyer - RTR (Ready to Run)

Bancroft 1/144 Scale 1078mm (42.4") Arleigh Burke class Destroyer - RTR (Ready to Run)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mastera.jpg
Views:	3449
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	252932

The Arleigh Burke class of guided missile destroyers (DDGs) is a United States Navy class of destroyer built around the Aegis Combat System. The class is named for Admiral Arleigh Burke, an American destroyer officer in World War II, and later Chief of Naval Operations. These warships were designed as multimission destroyers, able to fulfill the strategic land strike role with Tomahawk missiles; antiaircraft warfare (AAW) role with powerful Aegis radar and surface-to-air missiles; antisubmarine warfare (ASW) with towed sonar array, anti-submarine rockets, and ASW helicopter; and anti-surface warfare (ASuW) with Harpoon missile launchers.

Bancroft’s Elite Series of warships continues with the 1/144 scale Arleigh Burke USA Navy Destroyer. Display this museum piece on your mantle or astonish your RC boat club with this functional RTR (Ready to Run) RC patrol boat. Delivered Ready to Run (RTR), the landing craft can be operating within minutes of arrival, using the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter and 2s Li-Ion battery. Only four AA batteries and minimal final assembly is required to begin sailing!

Visit the Product Page HERE
    Meticulous Details

Extensive pre-painted scale details cover the destroyer, including metal railings, deck equipment, an intricate main mast, and its telltale Mk.41 Vertical Launch System missile launchers.
    Accurate and Powerful

Realistic from any angle, the Bancroft 1/144 scale Arleigh Burke stands out at any RC marina with its balance of speed, maneuverability, and scale fidelity.

This is a satisfying fast destroyer that cuts a bow wave at mid-throttle and higher. "Scale" speeds are achieved at ~10% throttle position.
    Scale Details Abound

From its heliport on the fantail, complete with included 1/144 scale helicopter, to the multitude of pin-sized details throughout the boat, the 1/144 scale Arleigh Burke impresses both on display and underway!
    Stable Hull Design

The Arleigh Burke's durable fiberglass hull is computer designed for scale accuracy and practical stability. Carve through choppy water with a high bow wave and realistic list during high speed turns!
    Display Quality

The included basic display stand is perfect for a large desktop, wide shelf, or reinforced mantle. Display your Bancroft 1/144 scale Arleigh Burke with pride! The model arrives completely painted with only a few minutes required to attach pre-painted and pre-assembled components such as antennas, main mast, and its main gun on the foredeck.

CIWS Phalanx gatling gun stations also stand ready to defeat incoming threats.
    Many Scale Accessories

Over 100 hours of handcrafted details are completed at the factory using hundreds of fingernail sized brass Photo-Etched (PE) parts and larger molded sub-assemblies. Vertical Launch Systems, radar arrays, decals, and other details arrive completely finished.
    1/144 Size

The 1/144 scale Arleigh Burke destroyer is the perfect size that marries both practical size for transport while displaying impressive presence in and out of the water. It is a stunning display piece directly out of the box, and makes a perfect base for superdetailers to add LED lighting, smoke, or other scale effects to take this functioning RC super scale warship to the next level!
    FEATURES:
    • RTR (Ready to Run) with 2.4Ghz radio, receiver, battery, and charger
    • 2.4Ghz radio system and all electronics Pre-Installed
    • Fully Painted and Detailed
    • Zero assembly required --Get underway in minutes!
    • Durable ABS molded hull and deck
    • Extensive brass photo-etched (PE) parts and high detail parts
    • Dual 550 motors with steel drive shafts and dual rudders
    • Quick-Detach Superstructure for easy access to the ship's interior
    • Rated for calm ponds, pools, and lakes appropriate for RC Boats
    INCLUDES:
    • Bancroft Arleigh Burke 1/144 Scale 1078mm (42.4") USA Navy Destroyer - RTR
    • 2.4Ghz Radio and Receiver, pre-installed
    • Dual 550 brushed motor drive system, pre-installed, with XT60 battery connector
    • Steering servo, pre-installed
    • 2s 7.4V 2800mAh Battery with XT60 connector
    • 2s Battery Charger
    • Basic Tabletop Display Stand
    REQUIRES:
    • Four (4) AA-sized 1.5V dry cell batteries, Alkaline or NiMH
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Reserved for photos and video
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

These ships look so cool. The details are absolutely insane for a modeler like myself I think I would enjoy the weather and paint process almost as much as the actual time running the model on my favorite pond. Can’t wait to find out more on the Bancroft Scharnhorst 1/150 Scale 1475mm (58") German Cruiser

Comment

Very nice model and a good "medium" size to move around, but I agree w above SMS Scharnhorst would be my pick.

Comment

Just saw that this was available on Motion RC.

Several questions.
          • What ballast should I get, where should I get it, and where exactly should it be placed ?
          • Is the transmitter okay to use or should it be upgraded ? If it should be upgraded what specifically should I get as far as a transmitter and receiver ?
          • Is the receiver easily accessible to be replaced ?
          • I have heard there are no directions or instructions. Is that correct ?
          • Heard the ESC is setup for water cooling but is not actually water cooled - correct ?

Comment

Looking for a few Deck accessories for this ship I.E. RADAR/Anchor, and the two vertical pieces behind the pilot house and second removable piece. I bought it secondhand and has a few things, any ideas where to purchase or print let me know I have a 3D printer
            Attached Files

Comment

Low and slow :Micro center or micro mark. Com have 3d printers sincerely battleship

Comment

What thread/size are the propellers? I'd like to get a set of 5-blade props.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                X