X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballast weights

I have been reading a few descriptions and I noticed some state you may need to add weight to them to achieve the proper ballast. I know am wondering if the description does not mention weights should I need them? I am mainly interested in the PT boat.

pdansalvish You're correct, if the listing on the MotionRC.com website doesn't list a ballast weight figure, than you're safe to assume that ballast isn't needed.

Where a ballast weight figure is listed, it's usually given in a range. You'll want to experiment with the amount of ballast to achieve the ride you want based on your preferences and the sea state. For a warship, a deeper draft works better in absolutely calm conditions because the deeper draft and thus lower deck height gives the model a more stable platform that feels more "locked in". However on blustery days with "waves" that may run over the deck, less ballast helps keep the deck clear.

I imagine most modelers will select a ballast weight in the middle of the range and just set it and forget it.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thank Alpha...waiting anxiously for them to arrive. Hoping to be here soon.

Comment

Working...
      X