Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The motor s are still the same as the original 550 maph motors in the Atlantic harbor tug made by aqua craft And the fire boat and the fletcher class destroyer I ordered them on motioned

Comment

• how much is the price of the 1-72 scale tcher

Comment

• price of 1-72 scale fletcher destroyer

Comment

• Listed at Motion for $999.

Bancroft USS Fletcher 1/72 Scale 1580mm (62") USA Destroyer - RTR [BNC1003-003] Motion RC

Comment

• For ballast u can also use bbs = gun ammo as ballast weights in the bow of the rc battle ship and the aircraft carrier Nimitz 1:200 scale

Comment

• I chose to fix this it kinda simple fix

Comment

• eh ayie everyone, Top o zhe morn , it’s a finayie to drive my battleship since all the dry dock repairs have been completed I used a microlux competitor brand of dremel to fix the newly freshly painted plane launcher ttyl for now hope that I ave a very safe 4th of July holiday ttyl

Comment

• I want to recreate the canvas that was sometimes placed over the railings on Fletchers. Around the railings above the Bridge and railings around the funnels. Can anyone suggest a material that would resemble this at 1/72 scale please. Thank you

Comment

• Would love to know where I could get correct scale decals for the Fletcher ? Thank you !

Comment

• Hi. The Bancroft Fletcher is my first RC ship. Just thought I would I ask you guys with experience what I could do just to ensure that I don't sink it somehow. I thought about adding some pool noodle foam to the front of the boat since there is quite a bit space up there. So, I cut up some long pieces of a pool noodle and saw just how much of it I could actually fit in the space available in front of the boat. Then I took those pieces out and placed them in a tub of water. I then attached an 8 pound weight to the foam but the foam could not support the weight of 8 pounds, which is the weight of my ship so far. The 8 pounds of weight just took my foam to the bottom of the tub. Any suggestions about this or any other thing I could do to make my first boating experience a success would be most appreciated. I know that your experience in these models will help me avoid some learning pitfalls so thanks again.

Comment

• Racer. I don't know about keeping it from sinking totally but I do know the Clubs that do RC ship combat often put a float with a recovery line attached on their ship. With the fiberglass hull these things are actually pretty hard to sink unless you really mess up the ballast or have a total fail on one of the 3 hull penetrations (rudder and shafts). One think you can do to keep it on the surface in such a fail is a watertight bulkhead forward comprising most of the Bow section. What you are looking to do is displace water in this case not necessarily support weight. It won't keep her neatly afloat but it may keep her on the surface for recovery.
                        A couple of things you can do to prevent sinking is some general maintenance. Grease for the stern tubes and rudder stock. (look through the forum here I know there is a conversation about it the PT boat thread I think had a rather involved discussion about it.) Do a water tight test before you send it out in the middle of the lake. (let it sit in the water for a few minutes then check inside for signs of leaks) Don't send it out in a lake with large waves due to weather or people driving jet skis or boats(the non RC kind) leaving wakes behind. Bring it back before the battery dies. Have a recovery boat that can push it to shore or a small boat of your own if the battery or electronics do die. DO NOT SWIM for it people have died doing that and some places banned rc boats due to it.
                        Hope this helps.

Comment

• well I finally bought the bb's and measured and weigh the bb's out to equal two pounds so i have finally nailed out the ballast problem so definitely will use bb's for all my Rc battleships, To, when can afford to purchase them but I'll be buying the Nimitz next year not sure when next year in tax time hopefully I can swing the purchase but ill post some pictures soon
                          brb soon

Comment

• hi racer x bb's 2 lb. of bb's will equal the ballast evenly i have yet to try out the fletcher on a maiden voyage the container of bb's 17.99 +1.00 to wildlife and sales tax 1.35 grand total $20.34 that's how much i spent on bb's, if u have a digital bathroom scale just weigh out 2 lbs. of bb the bb's I used was daisy bb's ttyl

Comment

Working...
                            X