• Show
Clear All

• Official Bancroft Titanic 1/150 Scale British Liner Discussion Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	bancroft-rms-titanic-1-150-scale-1800mm-70-2-british-liner-rtr.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	406122

The RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner operated by the White Star Line that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early morning hours of 15 April 1912, after striking an iceberg during her maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City. Of the estimated 2,224 passengers and crew aboard, more than 1,500 died, making the sinking one of modern history's deadliest peacetime commercial marine disasters. Built in Belfast, the Titanic was the largest ship afloat at the time she entered service and was the second of three Olympic-class ocean liners.

Bancroft’s Elite Series of liners presents our 1/150 scale Titanic! Display this impressively majestic 70-inch long museum piece on your mantle or astonish your RC boat club with this functional RTR historic piece. Hundreds of parts are already assembled, painted, and installed for you. Delivered Ready to Run (RTR), the vessel can be sailing within minutes of arrival, using the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter, 7.4v 2S LiPo battery, and charger. Only four AA batteries and minimal assembly is required. Embark on your first voyage in minutes!
    Positionable Fixtures

Positionable hoisting cranes and lifeboats lend a sense of scale to this large RC vessel.
    Amazing Detail

The Titanic's various decks are covered by large laser-cut and laser-etched decking, treated in a natural water-stabilized finish.
    Removeable Superstructure

The primary superstructure is molded around one central base that can be removed with two hands. Simply lift the superstructure vertically to access the interior electronics bay to plug in the main battery and turn the system on.
    Extensive Rigging

The Titanic boasts an extensive array of rigging that adds an exquisite level of scale realism to this functional museum piece.
    History In Miniature

This 1/150 scale representation of the Titanic is in part faithfully represented by all the countless fine details that would have been found on the deck as she sailed to her fate.
    Multi-Material

The Titanic boasts a multitude of materials from wood to fiberglass to metal. Brass, steel, aluminum, composite, and 3D printed parts form a concert of detail and realism.
    Easy To Sail

The Bancroft 1/150 scale Titanic is as impressive in scale and scope as it is easy to operate on smooth waters.
    King Of The World!

You can almost visualize Jack and Rose on the bow as imminent destiny awaits them.
    Durable Detailed Hull

The Titanic's one piece hull is professionally molded from durable composite materials with marine-grade adhesives and durable reinforcements.
    Brass Photo Etched Details

The Bancroft 1/150 scale Titanic astounds with over one hundred elements painstakingly assembled from brass Photo Etched (PE) details.
    Concealed Hatches

Quickly access the internal battery bay and the steering servo by use of concealed, water-resistant hatches.
    Stunning Display

The Bancroft Titanic could just as easily be displayed in a prestigious museum as it could be found sailing in your local RC marina. Modelers may also customize this large vessel with smoke and lighting effects.
    Features:
    • RTR (Ready to Run) with 2.4Ghz radio, receiver, battery, and charger
    • 2.4Ghz radio system and all electronics installed
    • Fully painted and detailed
    • Zero assembly required — get underway in minutes
    • Durable fiberglass one-piece molded hull and deck
    • Genuine wood decking, laser-cut and laser-etched
    • Hundreds of brass photo-etched (PE) parts and high detail parts
    • Extensively detailed and hand finished
    • Incredible scale detail representing more than 180 hours of hand craftsmanship
    • Three motors with steel drive shafts
    • Removable superstructure for easy access to the ship's interior
    • Factory-installed rigging with simple disconnect design
    • Rated for calm ponds and lakes appropriate for RC boats
    Includes:
    • Bancroft RMS Titanic 1/150 Scale 1800mm (70.2") British Liner - RTR
    • 2.4Ghz radio and receiver, factory-installed
    • Triple motor drive system
    • Three screws (propellers)
    • Waterproofed hull and drive shafts
    • Steering servo, installed and adjusted
    • 2S 7.4V 2800mAh battery with XT60 connector
    • 2S battery Charger
    • Basic tabletop display stand
    Requires:Important Information - Please Read
    Bancroft model boats are molded and hand finished using very intricate details and parts including metal, wood, plastic, and fiberglass. Because of their hand made nature, minor imperfections in the fiberglass, metalwork, or painting may exist. These potential imperfections will not affect the seaworthiness of the vessel or the overall scale boating experience. Bancroft scale RC boats are fragile so care should be taken when moving or transporting your model.

Some of the electronics in this Bancroft boat, including the Battery, ESC, Motor, and Receiver, are NOT intended to get wet; they are NOT water resistant. If any of these electronic components get wet and you attempt to operate your model, the water can cause an electrical short-circuit and void your warranty. In the rare instance that you get water inside your vessel, you should drain the water completely and allow all electronics to fully dry before attempting to operate your model. Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL : 14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
    BUILD TIME : 1 Hour
    Scale 1/150
    Length 1800mm / 70.2in
    Width 190mm / 7.4in
    Height 490mm / 19.1in
    Hull Material Fiberglass
    Battery 7.4V 2800mAh LiPo
    Battery Quantity 1
    Battery Connector XT60
    Motor 550 brushed motor
    Motor Quantity 3
    Propeller Material Metal
    Contra-Rotating Propeller Yes
    ESC 120A
    ESC Waterproof Splash-Proof
    ESC Quantity 1
    Radio Stick
    Receiver Channels 6

Well, well. Surprise, surprise. This is bigger news than last night's debate! The larger scale Titanic that so many modelers (myself included) have been waiting for (but weren't aware was coming from Motion). Why the big secret? Okay, it's off to the piggy bank to start counting up my pennies...! I want this model!

Comment

Brass props or plastic? Plastic props at this price point would be a disappointment.
      All wood decks or are some plastic like the smaller one?

Ready to pull the trigger!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	135
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	406150

Comment

You guys know me. I'll have a YouTube Unboxing probably posted Monday evening. Cheers! Also if anyone is within driving distance of Groton CT, I have a 1/200 scale for sale

Comment

Well, the 'new' 1/150 version Titanic is on its way to me from MotionRC. If it meets expectations, I will likely run and display it at the September 15, 2024 'Model Boats on Parade' gala event hosted by San Francisco Model Yacht Club at Spreckels Lake, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco (sfmyc.org).
            Check back here before September 15. I will post my first impressions, observations, comments for Motion and Bancroft to consider (in the spirit of continuous improvement), and maybe even toss in a few personal opinions in my 'for what it's worth' remarks.
            Hoping this 'second time is the charm', Ron.

Comment

Does the ship come with metal props on this larger scale version?

Comment

I just purchased my Titanic 1/150 model! I had wanted the 1/200 model for the longest time, but I didn't buy it and now I'll get the bigger one! This is technically the largest Titanic model available to purchase right? so excited!! Does anyone know of a clear display box for this model?

Comment

Please enjoy my review. It is truly stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris75 View Post
                    Please enjoy my review. It is truly stunning.

https://youtu.be/sJi2WuZrFCI?si=rcW2bBGdqIND1MLW
                    Thank you for the video review! I am so glad you were able to show both models to compare the sizes! It’s truly amazing. If you find a display box for the larger titanic please let me know! Thank you!!

Comment

Glad everyone got something out of the YT video!

WARNING: Verify the cofferdams the have over the holes drilled in the bottom of the hull haven't lost their integrity due to shipping strain. My aft one leaked, enough my son commented on her liat getting worse during ballasting. Caught it early, used the shipping bolt chopped down in size and the compressible washer with plumbing tape and we are all set. Easy fix. So far it's still a little light with 16 pounds of ballast in her. Maiden review coming soon

Comment

The 1/150 Titanic has arrived (actually, it showed up much earlier than expected). But the California heat wave took out my old A/C the day it arrived, so it's taken until today (7/9) for me to unbox it (in a tolerable temperature/environment). Like it so far. Will return soonest with more substantive remarks. Cheers, Ron

Comment

Working...
                        X