X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zik-20

Vandra is a Hungarian company that produces resin conversion kits for our 1/16 scale tanks. His latest is a Zik-20, a 152mm caliber Soviet Self Propelled Gun based on the KV-1 chassis. Here are a couple of photos from his website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	06F0AB07-98C4-4D41-8958-183DD258EE66.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	322836

Name:	B11A333E-FB8D-4D53-B9E3-72DFD99E64B5.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	322838

DAK RC in Arizona will be carrying them in a few weeks. Although I just stuck a T34/85 turret on my KV-1, it’ll be coming off for this. Too cool!

Attached Files

Kenny at DAK RC says they're enroute to him, so to me in 2-3 weeks.

Comment

that zik 20 sure looks mean enough to scare a KV 2 into a fast zig-zag retreat. would be something excitedly different.

Comment

Googling Zik-20 I learned it was never made past a wooden mockup, although there were other similar SPGs at the time. It was planned to use a 152mm cannon, same caliber as the KV-2 sported. A duel between them would be quite the "bang & clang" fest! Or maybe a "one and done" shootout? One good thing about its non-operation is that one can do whatever one wants with colors, features and accessories on it!

Comment

Teaser shots!

Mine arrived today. A couple of hours work at this point, mainly cutting and fitting. Some small parts are not attached yet since the hard parts are ahead; drill out the barrel, devise barrel elevation and recoil. Clark mechanisms are enroute, hopefully can be incorporated.

Name:	Zik-20 001.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	327211

Name:	Zik-20 002.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	327212

Comment

Progress Report:

Repainted the KV-1/Zik-20. No dirt, grime or decals yet. I used the seldom applied Russian 3-color camo scheme. I believe the factory did this to impress the generals at its debut! 😉

Note the location of the IR receiver. Other tanks will have to stand on tippy-toe to get a hit. And the muzzle is so wide I could put TWO IR emitters in there! But I won't.

Now, where's that Jagdtiger...

Name:	IMG_1822.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	327718

Name:	IMG_1821.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	327717

I removed all the side armor, reworked the back end and fashioned a servo elevation for the conversion.

Comment

That jagdtiger was just finished from the factory two days ago. It was sent to the outskirts of Berlin and scored 2 kills. It is still sitting there and waiting for you :-)

Name:	IMG_8021A.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	327721

Name:	IMG_8020A.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	327722

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                Progress Report:

Repainted the KV-1/Zik-20. No dirt, grime or decals yet. I used the seldom applied Russian 3-color camo scheme. I believe the factory did this to impress the generals at its debut! 😉

Note the location of the IR receiver. Other tanks will have to stand on tippy-toe to get a hit. And the muzzle is so wide I could put TWO IR emitters in there! But I won't.

Now, where's that Jagdtiger...

Name:	IMG_1822.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	327718

Name:	IMG_1821.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	327717

I removed all the side armor, reworked the back end and fashioned a servo elevation for the conversion.
                Looks good Bob, can’t wait to put “Beast Master” up against it. 👍👍

Comment

Working...
                X