X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng long Sherman

Can I add a long barrel to my 1/16 Heng long Sherman?

You sure can. I did :-) It recoils too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7937.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	327078

Comment

The panther barrel stuck in a howitzer Sherman makes my soul shudder.
      But it’s your tank…

Comment

Mine needled you a bit at the field, eh? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
          The panther barrel stuck in a howitzer Sherman makes my soul shudder.
          But it’s your tank…
          And Toucan Hobbies tricked me by stating that it was the Fury barrel. I guess I have to search for the correct 76mm barrel to replace it :-(

Comment

Dave, a Fella makes 76mm barrels but remember the turret on the henglong is a howitzer turret. It has the wrong mantlet entirely for a longer barrel. You could make a better swap out to a firefly barrel. The mantlet the Britts used was different but looked closer to the howitzer one on the heng long. I hate that vendors advertise that pantiger barrel as Fury just to sell them.
            Heck it would look better if you just cut the german muzzle brake off the end.

Comment

I see that the more I learn, the more it shows that I know too little :-) Thank you Rich!

Comment

It is quite obvious when putting the two next to each other to see differences in turrets, barrels, and muzzle breaks. I take the muzzle break out at this time to make it looks a little non-German :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7943.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	327227

Comment

Realistically the howitzer mantle, that holds the barrel, would never fit a longer barrel.
                  the 75mm Sherman has a barrel that is narrower but longer than the 105 howitzer but it has a different mantlet as well.
                  I suspect people are just tired of only having the howitzer turret on henglong tanks.
                  you could fit a different manufacturers turret for an accurate 75mm if you want to do some bashing but the only long barrel that was in a round turret was the Britts Firefly barrel. You could convert your tank to a firefly with some work.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                    Realistically the howitzer mantle, that holds the barrel, would never fit a longer barrel.
                    the 75mm Sherman has a barrel that is narrower but longer than the 105 howitzer but it has a different mantlet as well.
                    I suspect people are just tired of only having the howitzer turret on henglong tanks.
                    you could fit a different manufacturers turret for an accurate 75mm if you want to do some bashing but the only long barrel that was in a round turret was the Britts Firefly barrel. You could convert your tank to a firefly with some work.
                    So may I ask does the Torro/Taigen M4A3 75mm short barrel tank have the right turret for that short barrel?

Comment

Yes the taigen / Torro is a proper 75mm. But the turret ring is bigger than henglong.
                      I think the mato 75mm turret is the same hull ring as the henglong size, but I’m not sure. I have never bought a mato turret, just the chassis.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26519947774...ampid%3APL_CLK

Comment

Working...
                      X