X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging the stock LiOn batteries

So, the Leopard 2 was supposed to follow the Abrams but was delivered first today. I assumed that I could use my iCharger 206 B to charge the battery but am seeing that under the “Litium” program setting, there’s no specific setting or Lithium Ion. Then again, it’s supposed to charge LiFe batteries as well and I don’t see a specific mode for that either. Can I treat this battery like a LiPo and balance charge at 7.4 v, 1c, like a 2-cell Lipo?

You're not being ignored, I imagine no one knows the answer. I guess nobody has that charger. I definitely use the LiIon setting on my charger. I'm not sure if the charger sees the balance taps or cap voltage the same way for each.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

New to tanks... The Li ion is 7.4 like a 2 cell LiPo so you can charge it like you would one of them. But to change it go into your battery settings, user set program and there should be LiFe 3.3, Li Ion 3.6 and LiPo 3.7. Definitely change it if you have a LiFe as it is a lower voltage.

Comment

The relevant factor here is charged voltage, which for modern lithium ion cells is 4.2v as it is for lipo.

So, just charge them as a 2 cell lipo BUT keep in mind they like being charged at low amps due to the construction of the cells and resultant internal resistance.
        LiFe is a different beast with different voltages and different charging logic.

Comment

My charger uses the Hitec menu system, which looks like the same menu system as your charger according to this PDF I found (https://www.icharger.co.nz/assets/brochures/i206b.pdf). When I cycle thru the different programs, it only lists "Lithium". When I select the Lithium program, it then allows me to select LiPo, LiIon, LiFe. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
          X