Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    Sorta harsh. Maybe wait until it’s in hand before denigrating it?

Leave a comment:

• Delta_19
    replied
    Going by his comments on Facebook and refusal to give any information about specs I would say it's guaranteed these tanks are going to be trash comparable to a $20 toy from Walmart. Won't tell us electronic unit specs, capabilities or, IR comparably and refuses to say anything about the gearbox.

Probably the only metal in this thing are the screws holding it together, if we're lucky.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• quitcherbitchen
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidN View Post
    I will definitely do so for both. My 2 HL Pershing really need the longer barrels with the correct muzzle brakes.
    Put a metal Hellcat barrel on it. That is what I did.

Leave a comment:

• tank_me
    replied
    I would've had interest in those things if I hadn't already made my own Pershing barrel and converted a Trumpeter turret... :)

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    Where my concerns come in is in comparison to the older henglong tanks, before the 6.0 that were all plastic. The wheels fell off the tracks came off constantly and the transmission broke down. It almost sounds like that is what he might be making since it’s quite a bit cheaper than the henglong. I have an m60, I know how hard it is to keep the tracks on the tank and how much work it took to modify the design to accomplish it.
    if he sells tanks that loose tracks and break easily, word will spread fast and the tanks will stop selling, then he fails and we loose.
    I would much rather see him produce 6.0 and higher henglong quality tanks than cheaper ones. The market desires that standard.
    but he does not see it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    I read the response sent back to Rich from Mr Wang. He is missing an opportunity with the M60. In short the old saying in business “You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression” alludes him. Maybe that is just a western thing. Once branded as junk or cheap that is a hard label to shake off.

On a positive note, he does hint at the ability of the tank to accept common aftermarket upgrades, but does not want to provide any details. Why? He has no competition and it would only add to the buzz of excitement around his M60 and put aside the concerns of the hobby market segment. He does not understand that the reviews from the hobby segment will show up far more prominently when people look at purchasing his products especially if he sells only to the US on Amazon.

Prior on his Facebook he says he left HL to make tanks they were not interested in. Why were they not interested in them? Because the market for those models were more hobbyists not toy tank buyer. Yet here he is falling back on the toy buyer market the same one HL saw no market in for the M60 as a toy.

CBs Facebook clearly shows his desire for hobby grade product improvement for HL tanks, but yet he is dead set in putting out a “toy” grade M60? Maybe it’s his plan to offer follow on upgrades he alludes to, but my experience in the tank hobby has been these follow on upgrades rarely ever come to fruition especially from small start ups.

Please contact Mr Wang and encourage him to put out a product that is at least on par with the 7.0 version of the HL product line. Otherwise we will end up with a neat looking display model vs a tank we can enjoy driving outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    I guess it depends on what he thinks he can market better, high end accuracy and cost or a functional but basic model. What a dedicated hobbyist and an entry level participant will want are different products. He has to make the calls best for his bottom line. Maybe once he is active, he will make upgraded versions. I wouldn't berate him for his present choices, any new producer in our niche hobby is a positive move.

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    I’ve now had some back and forth communication with Mr Wang privately.
    he is very stuck on the toy market aspect of his m60s and a price point of $200 ish.
    he has told me they are not hobby grade and based on what he says they are going to be all plastic and much cheaper in quality than the current line of henglong tanks.
    Im starting to get a bad feeling out the M60 model quality.

Leave a comment:

• DavidN
    replied
    I will definitely do so for both. My 2 HL Pershing really need the longer barrels with the correct muzzle brakes.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    CB posted a couple of new things:

He developed this T-34/76 turret for Heng Long, but it wasn't produced. It doesn't have airsoft capability because the barrel diameter isn't large enough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coolbank 01.jpg
Views:	1421
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	360525

He's also thinking of releasing a modified mantlet and barrel for the M-26 Pershing; longer barrel in metal with a more accurate muzzle brake.

Name:	Coolbank 02.jpg
Views:	1471
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	360524

He wants to know if there is an interest out there for such items. If you're interested, I'd go to his Facebook site and say so.

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
    Coolbank wang replied to my question about the axles and wheels
    "Our design of the axle is different from the traditional one, we use a screw at the end of the rocker arm to hold the axle, so when you want to remove the wheel, loosen this screw to easily remove the axle from the wheel Down.​"
    So similar to what Tamiya has been doing since the introduction of their Pershing.

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    Coolbank wang replied to my question about the axles and wheels
    "Our design of the axle is different from the traditional one, we use a screw at the end of the rocker arm to hold the axle, so when you want to remove the wheel, loosen this screw to easily remove the axle from the wheel Down.​"

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    I asked about gearboxes and main board, here's the answer:

"We use our own system and gearbox, and for everyone's convenience, we have designed them to be compatible with Henglong."

Regarding the Pz IV side skirts which were listed on an Amazon site, it's been updated as "unavailable" and other items he had for sale there are removed.
    “We use our own system....” In my experience this to me indicates rebranded or really cheap substitutes. So hope for the best, but plan for the worst and have the extra money ready to buy upgraded replacements.

God forbid he is using left over old stock HL 5.3 control systems or even worse Hooben control systems.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    I asked about gearboxes and main board, here's the answer:

"We use our own system and gearbox, and for everyone's convenience, we have designed them to be compatible with Henglong."

Regarding the Pz IV side skirts which were listed on an Amazon site, it's been updated as "unavailable" and other items he had for sale there are removed.

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied

Per his post, that's sort of what he's doing. The axle is secured to the swing arm with a screw inboard.
    This sounds like how Tamiya does it on a number of their tanks and it works extremely well.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

Just being the devil’s advocate, the pin may have an internal thread and accept a screw from the other side. Essentially the screw head could be on the other side of the supporting axle.
    Per his post, that's sort of what he's doing. The axle is secured to the swing arm with a screw inboard.

Leave a comment:

• oldwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
    I asked him to post a photo of the transmissions but he has not.
    Also, it really looks like the wheels are pinned on as there is no screw head in the wheel center just a flat pin head. Boy that is gonna really suck if there aren’t any bearnings in there as the wheels will eat themselves up and if they are pinned they ain’t coming off like when henglong first came out.
    Just being the devil’s advocate, the pin may have an internal thread and accept a screw from the other side. Essentially the screw head could be on the other side of the supporting axle.

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    I asked him to post a photo of the transmissions but he has not.
    Also, it really looks like the wheels are pinned on as there is no screw head in the wheel center just a flat pin head. Boy that is gonna really suck if there aren’t any bearnings in there as the wheels will eat themselves up and if they are pinned they ain’t coming off like when henglong first came out.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    Reactive Armor options, also a peek at the Centurion:

Name:	M60 08.jpg
Views:	1547
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	360334Click image for larger version

Name:	M60 10.jpg
Views:	1523
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	360335

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    Rich: Per his postings says he had to modify the mantlet to fit the HL stuff - bb shooter, mechanics, etc. He hopes to set the price less than $100 (dunno if he means in US). Regarding the M-60s, I'm guessing they'll be plastic all through. It'll be up to us to see if metal gearboxes can be installed, and what metal tracks might fit, - "if". As far as pricing of the M60's will be, a big variable will be how they're shipped. If in bulk on a container ship, that'll be cheaper but slower. If individually it'll be more expensive I'm sure.

Rubicon: generating interest via Facebook was exactly my intent. A small batch manufacturer needs to know there is a demand...
    I saw that Bob. I’ve been following his rapid update posts. At least he’s moving quickly it looks like.

the gent I’m working with on the hvss has a really good looking T23 that I may be bringing to market in the US. Gears are turning and things are in the works and RJ Models N stuff is for real now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X