X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color for heng long Tiger 1

Hello,looking to add metal accessories and zimmert to tank wondering what colors you have used to match this is pretty close

Depends on your goal. Historically, Zimmerit wasn't applied till much later in the war. The early gray color was applied to very few tigers (as few as 4 on some websites), as by the time they were created the factories were using dunkelgelb. That said, whatever you choose as a gray can have a little overspray to help blend into the base gray and create some nice gradation and weathering.

Comment

I would have to research it. But there are a lot of experts here.

Comment

German Camo:

Tamiya Old:
        XF-60 Dark Yellow
        XF-61 Dark Green
        XF-64 Red Brown

Tamiya New:
        XF-88 Dark Yellow 2
        XF-89 Dark Green 2
        XF-90 Red Brown 2

German Gray:
        XF-63

Not sure about Valajo or others but the Tamiya paints are pretty much the refrence most armor modelers go by.

Humbrol Sea Grey 27 for German Grey will do in a pinch, but I find it has too much of a blueish tint to it

Comment

The Tiger is absolutely THE best documented of all the German AFVs and the timeline for virtually every officially sanctioned modification is very well recorded,
          I will have a look thru my records & post a mods list by Alan Hamby which covers it in a light overview.

In short, the Grey ones didn’t have factory Zimmerit, but I would say that any/all survivors that were grey soon got an overcoat of Dunklegelb & Zimmerit with a tri-tone camo !

tigers Im Focus ( a German site) and Tiger1 . info site have all of what’s critical to get a T1 looking right to the date you choose it to look.
          David Byrden is probably the worlds best spring of info and facts on the machines, search him and you should find a route to all you need to know.

Comment

http://www.alanhamby.com/changes.shtml this site notes an overview of the important official changes made throughout its production run.

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/g...r-vi_tiger.php this site notes the paint scheme and timing o0f its changes.

Comment

Originally posted by HERMAN BIX View Post
              http://www.alanhamby.com/changes.shtml this site notes an overview of the important official changes made throughout its production run.

https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/g...r-vi_tiger.php this site notes the paint scheme and timing o0f its changes.
              Wow what amazing resources! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Happy to help Sir. There are lots more as well but those are the easiest to take in !!

Comment

Well, I just had to add another RC tank to my collection and I chose the German Tiger 1. Bought it through Amazon.com from Delta-LT with the 360 degree turret, metal track, drive and idler wheels. It was a good deal less expensive as it would have cost me elsewhere for all the extra options it came with and it only took 3 days for it to arrive after I placed the order - WOW! Even my cat approved of it!

Click image for larger version  Name:	0203231913.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.5 KB ID:	369190Click image for larger version  Name:	0203231914_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.3 KB ID:	369191Click image for larger version  Name:	0203231914a_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.5 KB ID:	369192Click image for larger version  Name:	0203231915_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	369193

Comment

Wow nice you need to paint it now only 3 to 6tigers have been documented in grey

Comment

Originally posted by megawatt40 View Post

Wow nice you need to paint it now only 3 to 6tigers have been documented in grey
                      Yeah, I know. Going over some archived photos to see which one I'll chose to copy.

Comment

Here is the finished paint scheme. I think it came out well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0210231332_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.8 KB ID:	369914Click image for larger version  Name:	0210231333_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.5 KB ID:	369915Click image for larger version  Name:	0210231333b_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.6 KB ID:	369916Click image for larger version  Name:	0210231334_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	369917Click image for larger version  Name:	0210231335a_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.4 KB ID:	369918Click image for larger version  Name:	0210231336.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	369919Click image for larger version  Name:	0210231336b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	369920Click image for larger version  Name:	0210231337.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	369921

Comment

Working...
                        X