First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keilau
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    I use LiPo in my tanks. I have a half dozen of old Hobby Star 5200 45C 2S packs I use. Depending on the tank I get hours to all afternoon run times.
    The battery pack size at 133 mm long is perfect for the Heng Long battery compartment. I looked for LiPo battery at Amazon for awhile. Every LiPo larger than 3000 mAh are 139 mm or longer, making them too big for HL tanks. Did you use your smart charger to measure how much mAh this pack can actually hold?

Leave a comment:

• quitcherbitchen
    replied
    HL batteries are garbarge. So if you buy a tank from Toucan don't upgrade the battery. Buy the battery from Motion.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Toucan is THE US importer. You will see a lot of ebay sellers wit the Cranbury NJ address, they are all the same company. If you are buying a tank, especially on your second, third, fourth, tenth I suggest contacting them and making an offer. They will usually accept a 10-15% offer lower than their ebay price.

MotionRC also sells H-L tanks and they have good prices on parts and to an extent on the tanks themselves. But they offer only two levels and Toucan will offer maybe six and even then if you don't see what you like (adding maybe FPV or something) they will usually do it and give you a quote.

Leave a comment:

• Joe dirt
    replied
    Yes to fit. I don't know what connector your tank has but a good thing with them is if you ask they will change the battery connector to what you use for free (or it has been when I ask). A 2S LiPo is 8.4V fully charged so it's not a high voltage (risky to your control module or motors) set up.
    I have not bought a tank yet. Still deciding on the tank and if. The link you gave for the ebay seller, are they a good seller? I do see they have fully upgraded HL tanks with the 360 turrets and gun recoil and such for a lower price than stock. Two ebay vendors with the same info so im assuming its the same vendor just with more names like you suggested. I do like the tiger1 and if it comes fully upgraded for $250 or less, that would be a good solution and they claim to offer up to 7000mah.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Yes to fit. I don't know what connector your tank has but a good thing with them is if you ask they will change the battery connector to what you use for free (or it has been when I ask). A 2S LiPo is 8.4V fully charged so it's not a high voltage (risky to your control module or motors) set up.

Leave a comment:

• Joe dirt
    replied
    I use LiPo in my tanks. I have a half dozen of old Hobby Star 5200 45C 2S packs I use. Depending on the tank I get hours to all afternoon run times.

HobbyStar 5200mAh 7.4V, 2S 45C LiPo Battery - Deans Connector | RCJuice

Talk to Toucan in New Jersey about the 360. they have multiple names on Ebay and a regular web site. They show China but may have US stock. Another possible is there are a lot of tankers that remove them from their tanks and might have the parts they would give you.

HengLong 1/16 RC Tank 360° Turret Rotation Gear And Electric Slip Ring For 6.0 | eBay
    So this battery fits without any changes? least with the Abrams. Does it make the tank run like a race car and or make it unrealistic?

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied

HobbyStar 5200mAh 7.4V, 2S 45C LiPo Battery - Deans Connector | RCJuice

Talk to Toucan in New Jersey about the 360. they have multiple names on Ebay and a regular web site. They show China but may have US stock. Another possible is there are a lot of tankers that remove them from their tanks and might have the parts they would give you.

HengLong 1/16 RC Tank 360° Turret Rotation Gear And Electric Slip Ring For 6.0 | eBay

Leave a comment:

• Joe dirt
    started a topic Battery help, please.

Battery help, please.

Sorry if this has been asked as i did look but i can only look at text so long till my eyes bleed.

But, what batteries fits and works well in the HL Abrams pro. Not to be rude, i dont need to know the science in it or people beating in the bushes, just need to know what model of batteries fit with the most capacity for li-ion thats not out of stock on MotionRC. Im not new to RC's, just new to tank RC's to note.

If anyone can provide links to good batteries thats plug and play, i would appreciate it.

Also side question, where can i get a 360 rotation upgrade for the turret thats not aliexpress or some other chinese site.
Working...
X