• Show
Clear All

• megawatt40
    replied
    The seller is on Amazon

Leave a comment:

• megawatt40
    replied
    Ok actually timed the run time with my son out in the backyard M1A2+ went 55 minutes the King Tiger did 61 minutes both tanks are full metal version.

Leave a comment:

• Skarmajunga
    replied
    Originally posted by megawatt40 View Post
    I bought this on Amazon and they are awesome 45 minutes of run time!
    Do you remember who the seller is?

Leave a comment:

• megawatt40
    replied
    Ok I got 66 minutes out of the King Tiger and 70 minutes out of the M1A1 only ran smoke on start up

Leave a comment:

• megawatt40
    replied
    Actually it is probably longer then 45 minutes will time it tomorrow and let you know ,talking about full metal M1A1 using smoke metal track and wheels

Leave a comment:

• megawatt40
    replied
    I am talking king Tiger full metal edition not the toy plastic ones

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Heaviest is either the H-L Leo or Challenger both with 390’s, metal treads, wheels and sprockets. Both also have FPV.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I am too. A M1A2 with plastic running gear runs longer Thant the T-34 with metal treads, gears and wheels.

Leave a comment:

• keilau
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Every tank has a different run time. Lighter smaller no metal tanks run twice as long as bigger heavier with lots of metal.
    I am talking Heng Long RTR plastic based tank only. With metal gearbox and track, they usually weights 7-9 lb. The biggest power drain are the two 380 series drive motors. My experience are limited because I have only 5 HL. The run time from same battery pack changes only a little from the lightest plastic T34 to my heaviest fully metalized 2A6. Which one is your bigger, heavier tank with lots of metal? Do you know how many pounds is it?

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Every tank has a different run time. Lighter smaller no metal tanks run twice as long as bigger heavier with lots of metal.

Leave a comment:

• keilau
    replied
    Originally posted by megawatt40 View Post
    The 45 minutes runtime is surprisingly short since the seller call them 2800 mAh packs. If I charge the Heng Long stock pack that comes with their tank to 8.4 volts, it can easily run full throttle for 45 minutes continuously. I usually charge them to 8.2 volts that allows it to run 35 minutes full speed.

Do you have a small scale to weight how many grams does each pack weight? It will give me some idea what kind of Li-Io cell does it use.

Leave a comment:

• megawatt40
    replied
    And came with balance charger

Leave a comment:

• megawatt40
    replied

Leave a comment:

• keilau
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe dirt View Post

The seller claims they can upgrade the battery to 7000mah and thats what they recommend provided its not really 3000mah at the price of a 7000mah.

Do you know anyone that sells homemade li-ion packs like on ebay and what not?
    You need 4 pieces of 3500 mAh battery cells to make a 2S2P 7000 mAh battery pack. Those Lithium Ion 3500 mAh 18650 cells were plentyful 10 years ago. As the EV industry takes off, lithium becomes scarce for retail product. This day, you will have to pay $20 for this premium quality cell if you can find one, most likely at a vaping shop. MotionRC found an alternate source for them in Taiwan and was selling 7000 mAh pack for a while. The Mato 2S 3500 mAh Li-Ion pack is still available on e-bay.

I have not gone back to this battery outlet for many years. They still have Panasonic Cell NCR18650B listed for $16 each plus shipping.

http://www.batteryspace.com/li-ion-1...y-modules.aspx

I use a low cost alternative from EBL store to build pack now. The EBL 18650 cells are honest 3000 mAh cells with protection circuit, but not a high quality battery. It has a very low discharge rate 10C cell which is good for running the HL tanks, but not much else. A 2S2P EBL pack can last a whole battle day's activity. No retail source, home built only.

Leave a comment:

• Joe dirt
    replied
    Originally posted by keilau View Post
    The ToucanHobby sellers offer this LiPo battery as upgrade:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/29548373380...kAAOSwGLZjy2P6

The seller does not spec the battery weight. Judging from its size, it is at least a 2000 to 3000mAh battery pack. For $35 shipped, it is a reasonable upgrade to the HL stock battery and at least double the run time or more. You need to have your own smart balance charger which I assume that you already have for other RC hobbies.

If you are already familiar with and comfortable handling LiPo packs, you can get 2 packs for the price of one at Amazon.
    Code:
    [URL="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L4PBBLM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B09L4PBBLM&pd_rd_w=AfL35&content-id=amzn1.sym.88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_p=88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_r=RT5PNC41MBKHTKM8JGAT&pd_rd_wg=KDoM2&pd_rd_r=591096b1-78bb-433a-a9a7-bc57d2331585&s=electronics&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNzcwMlVXM1ZITzVEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU1ODI2M1VXRFg3N1g1UFJRSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjE4NzY2QU5JMVhDRkMxS09PJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ=="]Amazon.com: Zeee 2S Lipo Battery 2200mAh 7.4V 120C Soft Case Battery with XT60 Plug RC Lipo for FPV Drone Quadcopter Helicopter Airplane RC Boat RC Car RC Models(2 Pack) : Toys & Games[/URL]​
    Like @quitcherbitchen​, I build my own battery packs using known quality Lithium Ion cells. It is cheaper, assure of long run time and, most importantly, safer than LiPo commercial packs.
    The seller claims they can upgrade the battery to 7000mah and thats what they recommend provided its not really 3000mah at the price of a 7000mah.

Do you know anyone that sells homemade li-ion packs like on ebay and what not?

Leave a comment:

• keilau
    replied

Leave a comment:

• keilau
    replied
    The ToucanHobby sellers offer this LiPo battery as upgrade:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/29548373380...kAAOSwGLZjy2P6

The seller does not spec the battery weight. Judging from its size, it is at least a 2000 to 3000mAh battery pack. For $35 shipped, it is a reasonable upgrade to the HL stock battery and at least double the run time or more. You need to have your own smart balance charger which I assume that you already have for other RC hobbies.

If you are already familiar with and comfortable handling LiPo packs, you can get 2 packs for the price of one at Amazon.
    Code:
    [URL="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L4PBBLM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B09L4PBBLM&pd_rd_w=AfL35&content-id=amzn1.sym.88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_p=88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_r=RT5PNC41MBKHTKM8JGAT&pd_rd_wg=KDoM2&pd_rd_r=591096b1-78bb-433a-a9a7-bc57d2331585&s=electronics&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNzcwMlVXM1ZITzVEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU1ODI2M1VXRFg3N1g1UFJRSCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjE4NzY2QU5JMVhDRkMxS09PJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ=="]Amazon.com: Zeee 2S Lipo Battery 2200mAh 7.4V 120C Soft Case Battery with XT60 Plug RC Lipo for FPV Drone Quadcopter Helicopter Airplane RC Boat RC Car RC Models(2 Pack) : Toys & Games[/URL]​
    Like @quitcherbitchen​, I build my own battery packs using known quality Lithium Ion cells. It is cheaper, assure of long run time and, most importantly, safer than LiPo commercial packs.

Leave a comment:

• quitcherbitchen
    replied
    Looks like motion is out of stock. Point is, the HL batteries aren't really worth the upgrade. Their quality is marginal and your better off getting another brand. All the motion batteries I have are really good. I now build my own battery packs and realize the cell quality is going to cost money and a cheap HL battery is not in the same league as a Panasonic Lion 15a 18650. If it is your first tank just take the stock one to get going and upgrade with another brand.

Leave a comment:

• Joe dirt
    replied
    Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
    HL batteries are garbarge. So if you buy a tank from Toucan don't upgrade the battery. Buy the battery from Motion.
    I dont understand. Dont upgrade the battery Toucan and just get the standard it natally comes and and get the 3000mah motionrc has? The issue is i have not seen the battery motionrc has ever instock and or it sells out fast.

Leave a comment:

• keilau
    replied
    Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
    HL batteries are garbarge. So if you buy a tank from Toucan don't upgrade the battery. Buy the battery from Motion.
    The Heng Long Li-Ion 2S battery pack can hold 1100 mAh which will allow run time of 30 minutes continuously and longer in normal operation (on and off). It is no good for a battle day, but good for many beginner RC tankers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X