X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD IDF M60

The TD IDF M60 is an early 1961 round turret (m48a2 turret) production tank aquired by the IDF and called a Magatch 7 and later upgraded in various ways including the Urdan commanders hatch, the era armor plates and later the C Gimmel model armor kit which looks really bad ass.

I wanted to build an early as introduced to the US Army version of this tank so I have been able to mix and match parts to get what I want.
    Here are some pictures of the inside of the turret and how the gun mantlet comes off and out of the tank for recoil install.
    My tank will get a M68 gun barrel from JVM3d soon when I get around to it.

To remove the gun, take the mantlet and barrel off the tank leaving the metal airsoft barrel mounted on the airsoft gun.
    Then use and exacto and gently cut under and over the bellows section right at the mantlet and pry it forward off the mantlet and expose the black gun barrel underneath.
    Then I used liquid plastic glue, like water consistency, and brushed it around the barrel at the mantlet joint to loosen the glue on the barrel and then just pull it out of the mantlet.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG7594.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	378165Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG7599.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	378163Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG7600.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	103.1 KB