Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HENG LONG TK6 and TK7

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HENG LONG TK6 and TK7

    HI,

    someone could tell me the most important differences between TK6.0 and TK7.0

    Thanks
    Alberto

  • #2
    They don't use the same controller. Version 6 needs a version 6 controller and v7 needs a v7 type. They are not cross compatible. The v7 has two less sounds than the v6 and the v7 has two sound version sets. You can get the v7 with Leopard 2A6/M1A2 or Russian T90 and Tiger I sounds.

    There are a bunch of other differences you can read about here: https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...ic.php?t=31479

    The 7.0 doesn't have servo ports so just ignore any info about servos. Servos info only applies to the 7.1 and 6.1 boards.

    Comment


    • #3
      I read the post but I didn't find any information about battle system. I need that TK6.0 is compatible with Tamiya tanks becasue I found on Ebay a used "tank" with this MB.

      Comment


      • #4
        The 6.x and 7.x versions (6.0, 6.1, 7.0, and 7.1) are all compatible with the Tamiya battle system. That being said, they don't have all the features of the Tamiya system. To put it more clearly, they will take hits and gives hits to Tamiya tanks with no issues.

        What they DON'T do is have the tuning for heavy, light, and medium settings. They won't regulate the timing between shots like the Tamiya system does. The HL system will continue to shoot one after the other.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	tank class.png Views:	0 Size:	5.5 KB ID:	390837

        They also won't adjust the settings for the number of shots to kill the tank based on the light, medium and heavy settings. The HL will not slow the tank down like that Tamiya system as the tank takes more hits. See the chart below.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	tank hits.png Views:	0 Size:	18.9 KB ID:	390836

        Some clubs care about adhering to all the Tamiya standards, some don't. If you are just messing around in your backyard with a friend then the additional Tamiya features don't really matter.

        Comment


        • #5
          tank_me and all others thank you very much.
          For me is enough to know that HL gives and takes hits. My last experience was with MB RX18 not compatible with Tamiya.
          I know that I will have only 5 lives but will have a shorter reload time

          Comment


          • #6
            Our Irvine club battle with about 10 tanks on each side. The frequency in the Tk 7.0 is limited. We can only play around 10 tanks with Tk 7.0 at each battle. The Tk 6.0 is kinda unlimited. We could play together with so many and we did not experience the binding cross over. Anyone who would like to upgrade his 6.0 to 7.0, kindly let me know and I will swap our Tk7.0s with your old Tk 6.0 for the purpose of our game in battling.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Owl64 View Post
              tank_me and all others thank you very much.
              For me is enough to know that HL gives and takes hits. My last experience was with MB RX18 not compatible with Tamiya.
              I know that I will have only 5 lives but will have a shorter reload time
              Yeah, the HL RX13, RX18, and 5.x are NOT compatible.

              Taigen/Torro is not compatible unless you buy this add on: https://www.zandatoys.com/1-16-torro...g-long-tamiya/

              With the add-on board it basically makes it a HL tank as far as the battle system goes. I can't comment about how many can battle at once or what the range is as I don't own one of these add-on units. I should buy one as I do have some Taigen boards laying around. I could use them in the tanks I don't battle much or things like my M113.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tank_me View Post

                Yeah, the HL RX13, RX18, and 5.x are NOT compatible.

                Taigen/Torro is not compatible unless you buy this add on: https://www.zandatoys.com/1-16-torro...g-long-tamiya/

                With the add-on board it basically makes it a HL tank as far as the battle system goes. I can't comment about how many can battle at once or what the range is as I don't own one of these add-on units. I should buy one as I do have some Taigen boards laying around. I could use them in the tanks I don't battle much or things like my M113.
                From our battles at Irvine club, we found that they can send hits just fine, but the receiver is lousy like the original Heng Long type. It doesn't take hits reliably or sometimes at all from beyond 5 feet. I don't have any Torros in stock configuration I could try and hack a LegoDEI to work with, but I bet that would make it viable.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tang - RC.Senshado View Post

                  From our battles at Irvine club, we found that they can send hits just fine, but the receiver is lousy like the original Heng Long type. It doesn't take hits reliably or sometimes at all from beyond 5 feet. I don't have any Torros in stock configuration I could try and hack a LegoDEI to work with, but I bet that would make it viable.
                  I meant to say that the Torros and Taigens equipped with the addon work with our Heng Long battles. But the range of the receiver is about as bad as Heng Longs and could do with upgrading.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For my Merkava I would buy the LegoDEI IR battle sysyem with 45° (Tamiya style). I hope and believe that it is better then standard HL receiver

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Owl64 View Post
                      For my Merkava I would buy the LegoDEI IR battle sysyem with 45° (Tamiya style). I hope and believe that it is better then standard HL receiver
                      It is. Just make sure you buy the HL version of the LegoDEI as there is a specific one for Clark, IBU, and Tamiya electronics also.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi all,

                        Legodei unfortunately have not IR transmitter available. Someone of you know another supplier or the exact type of IR transmitter to buy to electronic shop?

                        I'm working on my Merkava. I painted metal tracks and wheels and some plastic particular. After this process I will start with "wash" to add dirts, and rust. I will no a complete re-paint.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Owl64 View Post
                          Hi all,

                          Legodei unfortunately have not IR transmitter available. Someone of you know another supplier or the exact type of IR transmitter to buy to electronic shop?

                          I'm working on my Merkava. I painted metal tracks and wheels and some plastic particular. After this process I will start with "wash" to add dirts, and rust. I will no a complete re-paint.
                          Transmitter? LegoDEI sells the receivers AKA "apples" and they were in stock. Your Merkava should have an IR LED transmitter already built into it unless you are looking for an upgraded IR LED?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tank_me View Post

                            Transmitter? LegoDEI sells the receivers AKA "apples" and they were in stock. Your Merkava should have an IR LED transmitter already built into it unless you are looking for an upgraded IR LED?
                            Yes, I would an upgraded IR led. Unfortunately Legodei have not availalbe it.
                            Could you help me?
                            Thanks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You can get either one of these to upgrade the HL IR system. Be sure to research each one carefully.
                              This Electronic Toys item by LegoDEI has 36 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from Los Angeles, CA. Listed on Feb 19, 2024

                              Impact Upgrades are Tamiya OEM supplier for Tamiya metal tracks, gearboxes and more. So it's no surprise that Impact has this IR Battle receiver that looks exactly like Tamiya's. Built to Tamiya's exacting standards, over-engineered by the Japanese,


                              P.S. I am waiting for Dean from DGS Promotions to get back to me as he used to sell a really nice HL IR Upgrade kit that I have installed in mt HL RC tanks.
                              I'll post more information about his IR kit once he gets back to me.
                              Here is his website: https://dgsselkirk.wixsite.com/dgsmilitaryhobby
                              Please note you will have to change to a different wire connector on his wire harness to plug into the CN16 on either of the HL TK-7.0/7.1 motherboards.
                              I bought these to make the connector change: https://www.amazon.com/Crimping-AWG2.../dp/B09Q5QN9L2
                              and: https://www.amazon.com/Taiss-Connect.../dp/B0BHT1FQGY

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                If you can solder the new LED in you can buy direct from Digikey. I've used both the Vishay https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...al6100/1681338​ or the higher power Osram, but it seems they are not in stock at Digikey either: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...H-4545/2205955.

                                This one is a possibility also. Looks like it uses a standard 5mm domed LED instead of the older Osram design. I know the 940mm wavelength works as that's what the Vishays are using, but I have not tested this one. https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...H-4544/5231484

                                If you can't solder, then someone else will have to chime in as most of the places I've seen the prewired ones are sold out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X