X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive Factory Tour of Heng Long

Heng Long was founded in 1986 by a hobbyist with a passion for armored vehicles. Using his decades of metalworking experience, he created tanks from scratch using hand tools and manual milling machines. At the same time he was building these models, he was also building his company step by step, year after year, and now after 33 years, Heng Long is recognized as one of the leading manufacturers in the RC Tank sector. Known within the Heng Long family as "Papa", he continues to craft his creations to this day, while his son and family expand the business including their recently announced partnership with Motion RC.

I recently sat down with Papa and some of his engineering team to discuss The Future, and I can say that it is very exciting! They are as committed to learning, improving, and growing as we are, and I am confident that your feedback as Heng Long customers will find fertile ground with our development team and QC improvement teams. As we expand into the world of RC tanks, I invite everyone to evaluate, scrutinize, and share your experiences with our team.

As we edit the footage and film additional elements, let us know what else you'd like to see!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Reserved

Comment

Reserved (STN event)

Comment

Alex and I are excited to edit this video. I think people will be blown away by the operation they have there. They LOVE them some TANKS!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing that

Comment

There is quite a bit to show, it will take us a while to get through it all, but we'll get there. Here's a sneak peak:

I'd wager most of us have never seen an injection molding machine that was capable of injecting not mere liquid plastic, but molten metal! These are how Heng Long's tracks are made.

Ingots...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191123_120935.jpg Views:	0 Size:	201.6 KB ID:	222883

Melted down to a liquid (stay away Terminator)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191123_121253.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.3 KB ID:	222882
            Then injected into this mold, in this case for idler arms

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191123_121127.jpg Views:	0 Size:	197.5 KB ID:	222881

Comment

This thread and the offical reviews of the tanks should become sticky threads that stay at the top of the page for a least a while IMHO.
              RC tank parts and accessories I make
              www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Wow, very very very cool . I'm looking forward to reading and hearing more about it.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more of this process!

Comment

Very interesting, looking forward to more

Comment

Any update on the video or did I just miss it?

Comment

Deleted
                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Since the post I was referring to has been deleted, I’ve deleted my question.

Comment

What ever happened to the video?

Comment

What happened to Alpha? We never hear from him anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X