X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official XK K123 With Gyro Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce our release of the XK K123 with gyro. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this super cool micro helicopter.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I have recently had the opportunity to get this Heli and put it in the air. The packaging it comes in is absolutely stout and this should arrived unscathed despite any shippers attempt to destroy it on its way to you. Assembly is minor just attach the blades using the included Allen Wrench, I would recommend using it so you don't to strip the plastic! The Heli comes with a spare set of Blades, Main Gear, Tail Blade and a small Phillips Screwdriver.

The biggest downgrade is the manual, Yikes. We are working to get a better version of it soon but for now the Throttle and Pitch Curves work and a general understanding of Heli programming may be helpful. The Flying part was the best. I have flown Helis for a few years so I was ready for anything. In 6G it will not allow you to roll or flip the Heli but you still have to fly this thing. Do not let the 6 Axis Gyro fool you into thinking it is an Auto Pilot cause it's not. Is it a stable Hover, Yes but you have to maintain it thru stick inputs otherwise it will stay level but drift off on you. Can a Beginner teach themselves with it, Yes but one needs to have patience and not get ahead of yourself. Stick to Tail In Hovering first then graduate to flying simple circle patterns working up to Nose In Hover.

Flight times are in the 3-4 Minute Range and the RTF Radio is more than adequate to do the job and I recommend the RTF if you are new to Helis. As always feel free to call us to get more in depth information and we will gladly get you taken care of.

Comment

If I have the transmitter for the K124, can I put this model on that transmitter as well? Or the transmitters can only hold one model at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain MoMo View Post
        If I have the transmitter for the K124, can I put this model on that transmitter as well? Or the transmitters can only hold one model at a time?
        Yes, the XK X6 transmitter that comes with all the XK RTF helis has 10 memories (and all their helis use Futaba's S-FHSS protocol so they can all be flown using the same Tx).

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post

Yes, the XK X6 transmitter that comes with all the XK RTF helis has 10 memories (and all their helis use Futaba's S-FHSS protocol so they can all be flown using the same Tx).
          Thanks Ridgerunner for answering that question!!! :)

Comment

Just received my XK K123 micro heli, have a question. the TX comes preprogrammed for the heli, however what swash plate do I use. I changed to 120* and it seemed to fly better
            is this the correct one to use or put it back to factory. Still need to trim it a little, but I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel2341 View Post
              Just received my XK K123 micro heli, have a question. the TX comes preprogrammed for the heli, however what swash plate do I use. I changed to 120* and it seemed to fly better
              is this the correct one to use or put it back to factory. Still need to trim it a little, but I like it.
              No, don't use the 120° swash type - the one you want is the factory (90°) default. Even though the swash (on all XK helis) does indeed have 120° geometry, the cyclic and collective pitch mixing (CCPM) is actually done inside the Rx/FBL (flybarless unit). The CCPM mixing is not done inside the transmitter.

Comment

Thanks for the info. went back to 90*, fly's great after setting trims.

Comment

I am having some trouble with the gyro on my K124. At times it pulls in a certain direction, mostly to the forward or backward direction and I do not have enough swash throw to counter it. Why does this happen? Does it matter if its on 6G or 3D mode? Since the explanation in the manual is really confusing on how to re-calibrate the gyro, I would like to know what every does in calibrating? Do you calibrate in 3D or 6G mode? I have been flying helis for a long time and have all sizes, from scale to pod and boom. I must say these little guys have really hit the nail, except when they start acting up and have a mind of their own.

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post

Thank you - I don't check this forum much but looks like I will be from now on :)

Comment

After six years hovering micros indoors, I recently started going outside and trying my hand at inverted flight. (I moved from the city to rural central Utah last summer so I now have a flying field in my back yard!) My current favorite micro is the XK K123.

Comment

Fun with mine, and some tricks! Skip to 3min mark, buy it at MotionRC!

Comment

Can I bind this to a Spektrum DX6?

Comment

Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                            Can I bind this to a Spektrum DX6?
                            No. All the XK helis use the Futaba S-FHSS protocol. Specktrum uses the DSM protocol (DSM2/DSMX, 22ms/11ms).

Comment

Why are they out of transmitters for this heli?

Comment

I'm new to CP, I was wondering if there is any way to program the throttle curve to make this little heli descend a little more stable and predictable?

Comment

I have just bought a XK K123 6CH BNF which specification states uses Futaba S-FHSS.
                                  At the same time I also bought a Microzone MC6C RC set which states it is compatible with Futaba S-FHSS.
                                  This works ok with the Rx that came with it.
                                  Tx on, switch on helicopter power, Red LED flashing, I press the bind button and then the Red LED goes out and unable to bind the helicopter Rx to the Tx.
                                  Is the board not working or do I need another manufacturer Radio.

Comment

Originally posted by nictun2k View Post
                                    I have just bought a XK K123 6CH BNF which specification states uses Futaba S-FHSS.
                                    At the same time I also bought a Microzone MC6C RC set which states it is compatible with Futaba S-FHSS.
                                    This works ok with the Rx that came with it.
                                    Tx on, switch on helicopter power, Red LED flashing, I press the bind button and then the Red LED goes out and unable to bind the helicopter Rx to the Tx.
                                    Is the board not working or do I need another manufacturer Radio.
                                    I have mine bound to a TX16S.

Maybe try powering the helicopter first, press the bind button, and then power on the TX.

Comment

Thank you for your swift reply but sadly to no avail....still did not bind.
                                      The helicopter board makes a 4 notes rising in pitch then a single beep when switched on, presume this is normal?

Comment

Originally posted by nictun2k View Post
                                        Thank you for your swift reply but sadly to no avail....still did not bind.
                                        The helicopter board makes a 4 notes rising in pitch then a single beep when switched on, presume this is normal?
                                        Is that a computerized TX? I just googled it and it doesn't look like it. You'll have to be able to program throttle curves and pitch curves on the TX and I'm not sure how to do that on the MC6C tx

Comment

Working...
                                        X