X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of a heli ?

Though I'd contribute to the newly formed forum.

Coax helis are entry level helicopters which are intended for indoor use or zero wind conditions.
    They feature two counter rotating main blades along the main shaft, which eliminate unwanted yaw / torque push of a single blade heli. Thus making it extremely stable and relatively easy to hover.

This is the one to pick when learning, as it teaches collective control, basic orientations and will help a great deal in understanding the basics of rotor flight.

After mastering a coax heli, you should consider a simulator. Sim, don't leave coax without it.

RE: Thinking of a heli ?

Felix the cat,
     Thanks for adding this comment about coax helis and i like how you ended with buy a simulator. I really have found for myself that coax helis just barely brush your skills to helis. Once you go to a normal helicopter  everything that you thought you had fireguard out goes out the door. That's were the sim plays a huge role and helps allot. But in turn you are correct coax helis are a good starting point or just to putter around in the house or gym. Thanks again for the sharing.
    Brad

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648
      Felix the cat,
       Thanks for adding this comment about coax helis and i like how you ended with buy a simulator. I really have found for myself that coax helis just barely brush your skills to helis. Once you go to a normal helicopter  everything that you thought you had fireguard out goes out the door. That's were the sim plays a huge role and helps allot. But in turn you are correct coax helis are a good starting point or just to putter around in the house or gym. Thanks again for the sharing.
      Brad

I would add that in addition to basic orientation skills, coaxial helis offer good practice for balancing the throttle and rudder inputs on an aircraft. Even when graduating towards larger helis with different blade control arrangements, or even multi-rotors, I often seen pilots who cannot execute a yaw without dropping or increasing the throttle. Coaxials allow a pilot to focus purely on the "rotate the left stick left/right without dipping the stick up/down". It is a simple skill which coaxials can help pilots to hone.

Not to mention, I still keep a micro-coaxial on hand for indoor flying if the weather outside is unsavory. We can't fly big jets all the time!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Agreed with "Felix the cat", coax helis are best for beginners.

Comment

Coax helis are very good for beginners easier to control with the 4 blades . I wanted to gift a rc heli to my younger brother on his 10th birthday but my budget was very small but I found a very nice one for $20. After a week I got one for myself also you can see the helicopter on the following link. http://www.thehobbyworx.com/rc-helicopters/co-axial/z010g-3ch-metal-co-axial-remote-control-helicopter-with-gyro-2-4ghz.html

Comment

Appreciate the info thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X