X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gyro

I have a Trek 450 clone RTF with a flybar.  Has anybody here familiar with the Helicox TG-1 gyro?  Will it work with a flybar system?  Thanks

RE: gyro

I haven't had any experience with the helicox tg-1 gyro however in my opinion it is not a good idea, the helicox is a flybarless unit, or a electronic flybar. If you had both electronic and mechanical they would work against each other and likely cause a crash. I would recommend converting to flybarless altogether, much more predictable and stable. Then you could use the helicox. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by bk.heliman
      I haven't had any experience with the helicox tg-1 gyro however in my opinion it is not a good idea, the helicox is a flybarless unit, or a electronic flybar. If you had both electronic and mechanical they would work against each other and likely cause a crash.  I would recommend converting to flybarless altogether, much more predictable and stable. Then you could use the helicox. ;)
      Since I have been flying fixed pitch and now graduated to CP (currently have a little Ares CP 80 flybarless) I just wanted something to help me to keep the heli in the air.  Since I am new to Helis, less than 6 months, I didn't know you can change the flybar to a flybarless system.  Expensive?  Easy to convert?  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bignuggets
        Originally posted by bk.heliman
        I haven't had any experience with the helicox tg-1 gyro however in my opinion it is not a good idea, the helicox is a flybarless unit, or a electronic flybar. If you had both electronic and mechanical they would work against each other and likely cause a crash.  I would recommend converting to flybarless altogether, much more predictable and stable. Then you could use the helicox. ;)
        Since I have been flying fixed pitch and now graduated to CP (currently have a little Ares CP 80 flybarless) I just wanted something to help me to keep the heli in the air.  Since I am new to Helis, less than 6 months, I didn't know you can change the flybar to a flybarless system.  Expensive?  Easy to convert?  Thanks
        It is fairly easy to do (if you've ever crashed and rebuilt your flybar 450 it'll be a breeze). You can get a kit like this one: http://www.helidirect.com/align-450dfc-main-rotor-head-upgrade-set-swashplate-not-included-p-26502.hdx where you use your existing swashplate and feathering shaft. Make sure you measure your main shaft and feathering shaft and compare it to the kit you are getting to ensure its all the same size. That, a flybarless unit, some programming and you're good to go.   ;)

Comment

Working...
        X