Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The repairs continue. New shark mouth has been airbrushed to fix the crash damage! Also, got my new gearbox, and have replaced all of the gearbox bearings with aftermarket Boca Bearings for my own sanity. Getting close to flying again!

Comment

coming along very well!!!

Comment

Thanks JF! Also recieved the crew figures yesterday. Shipping them out to AkumaZero today for some of his awesome paint work!

Comment

wow, they look outstanding. Where did you find them at?

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post
            wow, they look outstanding. Where did you find them at?
            Realmodelpilots.co.uk. They modeled and 3D printed them to spec for me. If you send them an email, they have all the 3D files ready to go. They also did the Mk5 Thumper for the nose that should be arriving any day now.

Comment

They make a very nice add on to your ship!!! Always tuff to find any pilots.

Comment

Definitely difficult to hunt down heli pilot figures. Will almost certainly be using these guys again when I need pilots for my OH-58, H-34, and HO3S. I did a bit more detailing work on the Huey today. Added in all the maintenance steps on the left side, and have the holes cut for adding them and the fuel port on the right.

Comment

More Huey progress. Sliding doors are complete, and finished the maintenance steps and fuel port on the right side. Also got to mounting the MK5 “Thumper” Grenade launcher in place. Glue is currently drying on the forward windows as well. If all goes as planned, Test flight will be tomorrow, and it’s off to the Texas Scale Championships on Saturday!

Comment

Love it!!!, in the air it's going to look real!!!! with all the detail you added

Comment

Thanks JF! Unfortunately, the test flight didn’t happed today. I worked like crazy today, almost 10 straight hours trying to get it finished up. Finally got it together, and was going to do a quick test hover before gluing on the rocket pods. Started to spool up the motor, and it was immediately clear I had a very large problem. The rotor mast was bent! It was not bent enough to see when turning by hand, but with the blades on, it was very obvious, and would have had disasterous consequences. So, time to wait again, shafts are on order but are coming from Germany so it may be a while. Here’s where I am at so far.

Comment

Looks great! Bummer on the main shaft...:(

Comment

You got the shaft. Sorry had too
                          AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                            Looks great! Bummer on the main shaft...:(
                            Thanks man! Akuma, LOL, I guess I did.

In the meantime while I wait for the replacement shaft, AkumaZero sent some update photos of the pilots and they are looking awesome! Can’t wait to get them in the chopper.

Comment

Looking great!!! That will be cool...

Comment

Well, I finally got in my replacement shaft and went for a test hover last night. Everything went well for a bit, and it flew as good as I remember. And then, in a 3 ft hover, the ESC went into LVC. Lost power, and had a hard landing. No damage other than a broken rear skid tube. Could have been much worse, but still incredibly frustrating.

After pulling the ESC logs, sure enough, the voltage dropped off sharply to LVC under about 25A of load. Battery was a 3 year old Thunder Power 4400 65C 6S pack. It’s been a bad week for batteries with me. One of my Admiral Pro 4000s dropped a cell, and another crapped out in hover earlier in the week. Time to make a bulk battery order I guess.

Comment

Wow. Glad it was fairly minor. Still sucks though!! Looks fantastic!:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    Wow. Glad it was fairly minor. Still sucks though!! Looks fantastic!:Cool:
                                    Thanks! Just got it all fixed up today. Got some 5/16 aluminum tube from the hobby shop, and tube bender from Lowes and whipped up a few spare skid tubes. Now all I need is for the wind to die down a bit, and for my new batteries to arrive!

Comment

Looking forward to your flight!!!
                                      Glad to see she's going to fly again

Comment

Finally got my new batteries and got in a few flights this weekend on the Huey! It needs a bit more nose weight, and some blade tracking adjustments, but otherwise flew pretty well. Once thats done I’ll re attatch the rocket pods and get the interior finished up.

Comment

WTG!!!!

She really looks well up there in that air where she should be.:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X