First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 size fuselages

Motion, please carry the ec135 in 500 size
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Would also be cool if they could work with Heli Roland to stock the Fenestron kit. As far as I know, they are only available through custom direct orders at the moment: http://www.rolandkraemer.de/index-Dateien/page0008.htm.

Comment

+1
      More 500 size fuselage choices please

Comment

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
        +1
        Completely agree. I personally find the 500 size to be a great balance between size, flight characteristics, and affordability. I have a wish list that is probably too long for my own good.. OH-58D, Bell 206, Bell 430, AH-1Z, Sikorsky R-5, OH-6A, UH-1H, UH-1Y, Dauphin, and Enstrom F-28 just to start :Drooling:.

Comment

Right now I am looking at a HeliArtist UH-1 on ebay for belt tail. I wish we had a few more choices in the 500 department. I guess HeliArtist went Tango Uniform along with the rest of the scale mfg's.
          I would gladly settle for something in the 500 range WITH SKIDS that isn't a power egg. I like the eggs, especially the AH-6. But how about a nice two-bladed Huey or Cobra, or even a Bell 206 for heaven's sake. And I know the fuselages are very nice, but the price is a bit out there for the 600 size stuff.
          The 500 is just right in my humble opinion.

Comment

Right now I am looking at a HeliArtist UH-1 on ebay for belt tail. I wish we had a few more choices in the 500 department. I guess HeliArtist went Tango Uniform along with the rest of the scale mfg's.
            I would gladly settle for something in the 500 range WITH SKIDS that isn't a power egg. I like the eggs, especially the AH-6. But how about a nice two-bladed Huey or Cobra, or even a Bell 206 for heaven's sake. And I know the fuselages are very nice, but the price is a bit out there for the 600 size stuff.
            The 500 is just right in my humble opinion.
            I actually have the Heliartist UH-1 sitting around if you are interested. Started adding panel lines and such before I switched to working on my PKM UH-1C. If have the belt tail mechanism, as well as a set of scale blades for it.

Comment

Looking forward to the UH-1. This will be my spring project. I'm planning a Navy Rescue scheme for it.

Comment

Looking forward to the UH-1. This will be my spring project. I'm planning a Navy Rescue scheme for it.
                Looking forward to seeing the build!

Comment

I am planning this scheme from HT-18.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3_20.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	123485

Comment

Where can I go to find the scale bits like antennas, WSPS, etc?

Comment

Where can I go to find the scale bits like antennas, WSPS, etc?
                      I used finescale models for a lot of the detail parts on my Apache. Lots of detail parts for the Huey available here: https://www.fine-scalemodela.com/500-uh-1.html

Comment

I have a Raptor 50. It is nitro. It has a Redline 56H. Any suggestions for a good scale fuse from Motion?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          I have a Raptor 50. It is nitro. It has a Redline 53. Any suggestions for a good scale fuse from Motion?
                          The raptor .50 equivalent to a 600 size heli, so it should be a pretty straight fit in any of the fuselages with a straight tail: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...%20to%201499mm. In particular, I would recommend either the Airwolf or an MD500. You will need to do some modification for an exhaust exit, and mounting the mechanics, but everything should be the right size.

Comment

Thanks! Wasn’t sure on the size conversion to electric. Did you get any more info on the lost F-4?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                              Thanks! Wasn’t sure on the size conversion to electric. Did you get any more info on the lost F-4?
                              I looked around the apartment complex, talked to neighbors, checked dumpsters for a box, and no joy. Called Motion and they are looking into it. Hopefully it was just a system screw up and the package is still on the truck or something.

Comment

Finally started building the UH-1 project. I plan to do some work on her this weekend while it's raining.

Comment

Finally started building the UH-1 project. I plan to do some work on her this weekend while it's raining.
                                  Awesome, looking forward to seeing it, be sure to post some photos!

Comment

Make that two looking forward to seeing your build!!

Comment

+1
                                      This is what I have laying around in 500 size: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254056139975 , https://www.ebay.com/itm/254059652248
                                      Last edited by JDLightnin'; Jan 9, 2019, 01:21 AM. Reason: ADDED WEB ADDRESS

Comment

Originally posted by JDLightnin' View Post

This is what I have laying around in 500 size: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254056139975 , https://www.ebay.com/itm/254059652248
                                        SOLD all my450 & 500Size fuselages except the G-JIVE MD500 which I'm gonna build and keep! Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X