X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 size Roban UH-1N

This is my second scale project. I'm using the Chaos 600 esp air frame. With the mechanics out of the fuselage and attached to a couple pieces of wood. It flies great. Can do some sport flying with it. Once in the Fuselage I have a wobble during flight and hover. I'm using a Beastx gyro and have had good success in the past with the product. I have spent months trying to get the wobble out. Does anyone have a Beastx setup that works, I would like very much to compare.
    Several 450 pod & booms, Chaos 600, UH1N, MD500, Talon F1, Escapade MX, Avistar, Ugly Stik and Several Foam War Birds

Do you have any video of the flight? There is more than one thing that can make it wobble

Comment

Your Chaos 600ESP is fine. So did you fly this frame as a pod and boom? I can help you out with your chaos. Like JFandL said theres a lot to it causing your head to wobble. Check your main shaft, your head phasing, tail boom bearings and your torque tube shaft. Let me know.

Comment

Sorry I have been away for so long. I did figure out what was wrong. After much expense all new shafts all new bearings and different heads and tail feathers. I changed the dampers in the head to 80. that seemed to help a little. The fix was a program change in the BeastX. Changed the Control Style from Sport to Pro. I think I'll remember that one. Hovers like a rock, flies real smooth. Way better than I ever expected. Expensive lesson. Hope this helps....
        Several 450 pod & booms, Chaos 600, UH1N, MD500, Talon F1, Escapade MX, Avistar, Ugly Stik and Several Foam War Birds

Comment

Originally posted by RLZ View Post
          Sorry I have been away for so long. I did figure out what was wrong. After much expense all new shafts all new bearings and different heads and tail feathers. I changed the dampers in the head to 80. that seemed to help a little. The fix was a program change in the BeastX. Changed the Control Style from Sport to Pro. I think I'll remember that one. Hovers like a rock, flies real smooth. Way better than I ever expected. Expensive lesson. Hope this helps....
          Hi RLZ, that sounds like quite a long road to success, but I'm glad to hear you made it there!

Are you using the USB programmer or the Bluetooth version?
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

USB, I Have tried Bluetooth but have only had reliable success with AS3X AR636 and AR7200BX

Comment

Originally posted by RLZ View Post
              This is my second scale project. I'm using the Chaos 600 esp air frame. With the mechanics out of the fuselage and attached to a couple pieces of wood. It flies great. Can do some sport flying with it. Once in the Fuselage I have a wobble during flight and hover. I'm using a Beastx gyro and have had good success in the past with the product. I have spent months trying to get the wobble out. Does anyone have a Beastx setup that works, I would like very much to compare.
              Building one now with Phoenixtech 600 esp mechanics. Did you have to dremel out some of the skinny tail fuse area to get the tail rotor mechanics to fit down there and connect to the 45* gear box? Thanks!

Comment

Gmack

No I am able to slide the Tail on with the 45* gear box

Comment

Working...
                X