Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had the blade mcpx,nano cp,blade 450x(RIP),nano cpS and now the 230s v2. The nano cps is an excellent trainer/first heli. The safe mode really helps get turning,hover and basic flight down. Switch it to stunt and get a fairly capable 3d heli (tail hold can be an issue with agressive manuvers).The thing is so light that a crash over lawn is damage free. Cheap to get into,cheap to repair and batteries are cheap.
    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
      I have had the blade mcpx,nano cp,blade 450x(RIP),nano cpS and now the 230s v2. The nano cps is an excellent trainer/first heli. The safe mode really helps get turning,hover and basic flight down. Switch it to stunt and get a fairly capable 3d heli (tail hold can be an issue with agressive manuvers).The thing is so light that a crash over lawn is damage free. Cheap to get into,cheap to repair and batteries are cheap.
      Do you think the 450x would be a good model to prep for this in a flight sim?

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Do you think the 450x would be a good model to prep for this in a flight sim?
        It would be a good place to start. The Admirals are going to be a bit different to fly simply due to the extra weight and different characteristics of the scale fuselage though. I'd recommend trying a mix of flying the 450X, and whatever scale helis are available on your sim.

Comment

I think the 450x will be much more agressive than the admirals. If you can manuver it around the admiral will be easy. Fly it on low rates. The admirals are self leveling/bank limiting so i suspect they will fly similar to the blade 230s in safe mode. Try that one if available on your sim.
          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

Comment

I think the 450x will be much more agressive than the admirals. If you can manuver it around the admiral will be easy. Fly it on low rates. The admirals are self leveling/bank limiting so i suspect they will fly similar to the blade 230s in safe mode. Try that one if available on your sim.
            Try a 230S on the sim? I can try it in my yard, I got one. THANKYOU!!!!:Goodbye:

Comment

I'd find a 450 size helicopter and training balls and start very slow hovering tail in, then side to side and then
              nose in.
              working up to the scale.

Comment

What surprises me is the lack of hoopla over this. These are probably the first economical scale models that have come out in years that aren't cheap Chinese toys, or cost an arm and a leg and require the efforts of the Robans..

Comment

What surprises me is the lack of hoopla over this. These are probably the first economical scale models that have come out in years that aren't cheap Chinese toys, or cost an arm and a leg and require the efforts of the Robans..
                  I agree. I think we’ll see more interest pop up after release though. This is a pretty fixed wing centric forum, so the thread seems a bit slow. These are definitely some awesome aircraft, and I think we’ll see a lot of guys entering the world of scale Helis through these machines. The quality and detail are simply unmatched to any other PNP scale heli I’ve seen on the market, and there is a lot of a availability for customization at this size.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I agree. I think we’ll see more interest pop up after release though. This is a pretty fixed wing centric forum, so the thread seems a bit slow. These are definitely some awesome aircraft, and I think we’ll see a lot of guys entering the world of scale Helis through these machines. The quality and detail are simply unmatched to any other PNP scale heli I’ve seen on the market, and there is a lot of a availability for customization at this size.
                    From personal experience with collective pitch heli's.......am not as optimistic as you DD in hoping that interest increases.
                    I wanted to eventually get into the scale model heli platform but walked away from heli's after 2 years of frustration.
                    Of the brief skills checklist that Alpha mentioned in post #19, I could not consistently accomplish the nose in hover nor the figure 8's which became a major repair expense and satisfaction impasse.
                    I personally believe that heli pilots that have acquired the skills are most likely of the younger gen pilots and are more challenged and "jazzed" with 3D heli flying rather than puttering about the skies with a scale looking bird. ;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I always loved the pattern competition. So much so that in 1990 I won the AMA National Novice Championship. Nothing to toot a horn about really, the trophy is collecting dust at George's place now. Before I ever went to the Nationals though I had forced myself to learn nose in hovering and yes, it cost me a few $ in repairs. I learned to hover with training gear attached to the skips so I went back to the training gear for nose in as well. Then, I forced myself to learn the pilots promenade. Heli hovers at a constant heading and you walk around it. I learned it in both directions and again I spent some $ for repairs. It is not as easy as you might think. Point being that before I ever went to the NATS I could hover from any attitude except inverted without a switch but I didn't need to in order to compete. I watched Curtis Youngblood pioneer that stuff and just marveled. Needless to say I have never really had a desire to do all the 3D stuff but a beautiful scale Apache or Little Bird would be right up my alley. Someday I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                        I always loved the pattern competition. So much so that in 1990 I won the AMA National Novice Championship. Nothing to toot a horn about really, the trophy is collecting dust at George's place now.
                        You know I dust both of your trophies every week:Silly:

TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

You know I dust both of your trophies every week:Silly:
                          Ha! No you don't...

Comment

What I think we have here is wait and see. Once the helicopters go up for sale and the price is set. There may be some interest but helicopters are just not for everyone. Its that (" Get in the air now, I don't need to learn anything, After all I fly airplanes all the time. I can do this ") and we know how this will end.

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post

What I think we have here is wait and see. Once the helicopters go up for sale and the price is set. There may be some interest but helicopters are just not for everyone. Its that (" Get in the air now, I don't need to learn anything, After all I fly airplanes all the time. I can do this ") and we know how this will end.
                              Well, flew the 230S for the first time. Have to order replacement tail rotor blade and have LOTS of practice to do.

Comment

Anyone have a pictures of the OH-6???

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post
                                  Anyone have a pictures of the OH-6???
                                  This is as close as we can get at the moment to my knowledge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Helis.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	144196

Comment

Valkpilot...were you in safe mode? Get tail in hover down first. Throttle control to keep the "yo-yo" effect down. Panic button "safe" is not the same as flight mode 1 safe. Its extremely rewarding to get to the point of scale flying. I will never be a good 3d heli pilot but love flying the heli like a park flyer.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

This is as close as we can get at the moment to my knowledge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Helis.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	144196
                                      Cool I hope it comes in Green or sand color?

Comment

Valkpilot...were you in safe mode? Get tail in hover down first. Throttle control to keep the "yo-yo" effect down. Panic button "safe" is not the same as flight mode 1 safe. Its extremely rewarding to get to the point of scale flying. I will never be a good 3d heli pilot but love flying the heli like a park flyer.
                                        Actually SAFE ids mode 0 on the RTF version, and that's what I was in. The problem is that I'm flying in a space that has trees causing eddies and vortexs. There's even a boundary layer at about 10'.
                                        And I'm not a stunt pilot either, just want to putter around the sky.

Comment

And the waiting begins......

Comment

Working...
                                          X